• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm shocked that a Honda Odyssey was commonly used by drug dealers.

We've had several over the years.

Great for trucking kids and kids' stuff and more kids all over. But it isn't exactly a "good ride."

Now, if they got the kind with the DVD player....

Indeed, as the one guy testified, it was a bunch of thugs using their badges as a front.
    Good for not attracting attention.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I suppose the information in that article (assuming it's all correct) shouldn't surprise me, but it does. I don't expect much from an east coast big city government organization as a whole, but holy crap!

This particularly stood out to me:

Ward said that before joining the Gun Trace Task Force, he learned a lieutenant named Ian Dombroski would authorize eight hours of overtime pay that officers did not have to work, as a reward for officers who recovered guns. Dombrowski continues to serve as the head of the Police Department’s internal affairs unit.

WTF!?!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I suppose the information in that article (assuming it's all correct) shouldn't surprise me, but it does. I don't expect much from an east coast big city government organization as a whole, but holy crap!

This particularly stood out to me:

WTF!?!

The information in the article is from Officer's own testimony. So I don't have a reason to doubt that what was printed was actually said. But it's true enough that it's possible the officers who claimed all that were wrong or untruthful.

But anyway, yeah, that's a big one that certainly hits home on a gun board. Anti-gun zealots in high places enforcing their own personal ideology instead of the law. If that's true, that mother****er needs fired, if not some kind of betrayal of public trust charged against him.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I read that a bit differently.

The cooperating-criminal-witness was testifying about what the other thugs told him about the IA supervisor. That doesn't necessarily make it true.

The thugs might've been saying that to build up their own credibility and the "its no big deal" attitude about all sorts of things.

Now, I'm NOT saying the IA supervisor might not also be complicit. I have no idea. I'm only saying that one thug saying that should be taken with some skepticism.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I read that a bit differently.

The cooperating-criminal-witness was testifying about what the other thugs told him about the IA supervisor. That doesn't necessarily make it true.

The thugs might've been saying that to build up their own credibility and the "its no big deal" attitude about all sorts of things.

Now, I'm NOT saying the IA supervisor might not also be complicit. I have no idea. I'm only saying that one thug saying that should be taken with some skepticism.

It seems credible to me that a detective, criminal witness or not, says this about what was going on. Of course he can be making up some or all of it.

Top Bottom