• NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Who said that?

Interpretation of Akin's Idiotic Statement said:
    The guy was trying to say "in cases of forcible rape, why punish the innocent baby who might result"?

I can't attribute it to any particular person, because I don't actually know that person's stance. I'm simply going by what I read as the "intent" of this retards' statement.

"Sure, her pregnancy came from a violent rape, but isn't that baby beautiful?"

seriously? Look I'm not really "for" abortion, but I'm not really "against" it either. I can see where there are times when it might not be medically necessary, but acceptable. IMHO, a situation like I described would be one of those times. A promiscuous woman on her 4th abortion, simply because a child would interfere with her social life, not so much. It's not really a situation I have to worry about though, since I won't ever need an abortion. Besides that, and again it's simply MHO, but we have bigger fish to fry in this country today than the tired abortion debate.

None of that is really the point of this thread though. Akin as a Candidate is. It's probably safe to say that he has sealed his own fate with that bit of verbal tomfoolery which fell - unimpeded by his brain it would seem - from his piehole.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow. Just wow. So, we really have people who would prefer that a woman raped and impregnated, no matter how small those odds are, be forced to keep a child forced upon her by a violent maniac? A child who, regardless of its' innocence, will be a constant reminder of suffering and pain, and as such may have a horrible life as an object of scorn and resentment? To say nothing of the ruination of the aforementioned womans' plans for her life?

I am at a loss for words.
    That's what the gop would have, if their wish list were granted. Huckabee came out the day after Akin and tried to make the case that "great people have been the result of rape", thereby making it OK. Ryan opposes exemptions for rape and incest in the abortion debate, why is it a stretch to think this isn't a widespread phenomenon?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    That's what the gop would have, if their wish list were granted. Huckabee came out the day after Akin and tried to make the case that "great people have been the result of rape", thereby making it OK. Ryan opposes exemptions for rape and incest in the abortion debate, why is it a stretch to think this isn't a widespread phenomenon?

I'm not really trying to get dragged into a party vs party debate mrj. I think it's pretty common knowledge here that I hold the Democrats only slighlty more repugnant than the Republicans as a whole. I don't agree that the Republicans would wipe abortion from the map wholesale as a plank of the platform held by every member any more than I believe every single Democrat wants to take every gun in private hands and turn them into cast iron magical tree hugging seeds.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow. Just wow. So, we really have people who would prefer that a woman raped and impregnated, no matter how small those odds are, be forced to keep a child forced upon her by a violent maniac? A child who, regardless of its' innocence, will be a constant reminder of suffering and pain, and as such may have a horrible life as an object of scorn and resentment? To say nothing of the ruination of the aforementioned womans' plans for her life?

I am at a loss for words.

She's not forced to keep and raise the child. I really don't see the issue with prohibiting the killing of the innocent.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I really don't see the issue with letting the woman raped decide if she wants to give away a year or so of her life, living every day with not only the emotional but physical reminder that some animal ripped her dignity and sanctity of self away from her in an abhorrent act of violence.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I really don't see the issue with letting the woman raped decide if she wants to give away a year or so of her life, living every day with not only the emotional but physical reminder that some animal ripped her dignity and sanctity of self away from her in an abhorrent act of violence.

Of course not. People who condone murder generally don't. After all, it's whatever the individual wants, right?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    So now I condone murder?

Gotcha.

I now withdraw from this debate because it has reached the tipping point.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Interestingly, in coming to defense of Akin, Huckabee discredits the position that pregnancy can't occur from rape - Akin's original position. I think the GOP backlash against Akin is rooted in his close ties and joint legislation record with Ryan in regards to abortion. Whoops. We chose an extremist as VP.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I forgot to note, Romney has always supported exemptions for rape or incest. This will run counter to the Republican Party's official platform set to be unveiled this weekend which does not include such exemptions and calls for a constitutional amendment banning all abortions.

McCain also ran counter to his party when he supported exemptions for rape, incest, or mother's health. Naturally, that upset the far right such as the FRC.

First on CNN: GOP prepares tough anti-abortion platform – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Top Bottom