• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

J. Neil Schulman: The Unabridged Second Amendment

Felons are allowed to carry keep and bear arms with impunity, until they are caught.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...QOToNnglWrq0gcrgw&sig2=xJVRIQQvSYeg2nvWLjsyjQ

So it follows that if felons do not have a duty to self-incriminate through registration then they cannot be required to apply for a license to carry.

Felons carry, intimidate, rob , burglarize, batter, wound and kill people using firearms daily.

Citizens on the other hand are required to obtain a License to Carry Firearm.

Indiana Code 2015 - Indiana General Assembly, 2015 Session

When a woman is threatened by a former whatever, she has the right to self-defense with a firearm in her home and on her property, but not once she steps outside her fence. She must apply for a license to carry, pay fees and WAIT. During the waiting period if she carries she is a miscreant. If she doesn’t she is vulnerable to attack. Blanked if she does, blanked if she doesn’t.

Criminals have and use firearms.

Former whatevers fave and use firearms, knives or baseball bats.

Mentally ill have and use firearms, knives or whatever comes to hand.

Suicides use pills, razor blades, knives, rope, belts, bridges, carbon dioxide, guns, over passes, cars,ovens or whatever it takes.

It is necessary for citizens to have the un fettered ability to have and use firearms to protect themselves against those who should not have them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Jim Lucas has stated he plans on bringing it up in the state legislature again next year. We need to be contacting our individual legislators now and begin greasing the skids for next year.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Jim Lucas has stated he plans on bringing it up in the state legislature again next year. We need to be contacting our individual legislators now and begin greasing the skids for next year.

Indeed, as long as he keeps the LTCH in place, for reciprocity.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I don't have a link but he has already introduced HB1144 to address this. I asked him personally and he confirmed that the LTCH will remain but will be optional for reciprocity.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't have a link but he has already introduced HB1144 to address this. I asked him personally and he confirmed that the LTCH will remain but will be optional for reciprocity.

That was last session, right? Lots of discussion here about HB1143 and HB1144.

We'll have to wait for a new bill in the next session, I believe.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    As luck would have it, Washington is the 42nd state. So we could find a flag produced right before they voted to join the union, figure 1/4<1/2, round down, and call it a day.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

J. Neil Schulman: The Unabridged Second Amendment

Felons are allowed to carry, keep, and bear arms with impunity, until they are caught.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...QOToNnglWrq0gcrgw&sig2=xJVRIQQvSYeg2nvWLjsyjQ

So it follows that if felons do not have a duty to self-incriminate through registration then they cannot be required to apply for a license to carry.

Felons carry, intimidate, rob , burglarize, batter, wound, and kill people using firearms daily.

Citizens, on the other hand, are required to obtain a License to Carry [STRIKE]Firearm[/STRIKE] Handgun.

Indiana Code 2015 - Indiana General Assembly, 2015 Session

When a woman is threatened by a former whatever, she has the right to self-defense with a [STRIKE]firearm[/STRIKE] handgun in her home and on her property, but not once she steps outside her fence. (She may use a long gun at her leisure, in either place.) She must apply for a license to carry, pay fees and WAIT. During the waiting period if she carries she is a miscreant. If she doesn’t she is vulnerable to attack. Blanked if she does, blanked if she doesn’t.

Criminals have and use firearms.

Former whatevers have and use firearms, knives, or baseball bats.

Mentally ill have and use firearms, knives, or whatever comes to hand.

Suicides use pills, razor blades, knives, rope, belts, bridges, carbon dioxide, guns, over passes, cars, ovens, or whatever it takes.

It is necessary for citizens to have the unfettered ability to have and use firearms to protect themselves against those who [STRIKE]should not have[/STRIKE] have and misuse them.

I've taken the liberty to make a few changes above. Feel free to review and use them if you wish.

Blessings,
    Bill

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thank you Bill. There are a couple other places that could have been changed to misuse also.

Picky, picky, picky.

But, I think the content is pretty strong. I believe folks who are skeered of the G-D given/natural Constitutionally protected right to self defense, with the most effective means possible, fave not thought it through.

I started mulling this over after Kirk called me on stating that an NRA rep said he was not for Constitutional carry in Indiana.

When you help someone see that Criminals already carry with impunity, their attitude about guns usually changes.

This was not posted for the choir, but as one way that I have seen work with some folks who were at least apprehensive. I strive to be an well mannered and presentable educator/ambassador to those who are not in our camp YET.

Edited for accuracy, thanks Bill.

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/schol/2amd_grammar.htm

Felons are allowed to carry keep and bear arms with impunity, until they are caught.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...SYeg2nvWLjsyjQ

Felons carry, intimidate, rob , burglarize, batter, wound and kill people using handguns daily.

Citizens on the other hand are required to obtain a License to Carry Handgun.

http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2015/ic/titles/035/articles/047/chapters/002/

When a woman is threatened by a former whatever, she has the right to self-defense with a handgun in her home and on her property, but not once she steps outside her fence. She must apply for a License to Carry Handgun, pay fees and WAIT. During the waiting period if she carries a handgun she is a miscreant. If she doesn’t she is vulnerable to attack. Blanked if she does, blanked if she doesn’t.

Criminals have and misuse firearms.

Former whatever's have and misuse firearms, knives or baseball bats.

Mentally ill have and misuse firearms, knives or whatever comes to hand.

Suicides misuse pills, razor blades, knives, rope, belts, bridges, carbon dioxide, guns, over passes, cars,ovens or whatever it takes.

It is necessary for citizens to have the unfettered ability to have and use handguns to protect themselves against those who should not have and misuse them.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just realized my mistake I misposted this thread in Lo2A forum and should have posted it in GFD or CISD fofum and specified that it was an argument to use with outsiders.

Mods please move it where you think it will be more useful.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Don't forget :

Indiana Constitution: ARTICLE 12. Militia

Section 1. Composition

Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.

Like it or not, by law if you are not exempted by the law (serious violent felon, etc) or conscientiously opposed to bearing arms you ARE in the State Millitia.

You as a soldier in that militia have a duty to be armed and to be proficient with the use of arms in case we are called upon or needed to assist.

I OC a handgun under COnstitutional Carry and have no license, but a limited in the arms that I have that privilege. I see the License as an infringement even in a "shall issue" State such as ours. It is like the Poll Tax. I should not have to pay to exercise a right.

Top Bottom