• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I hope one day we switch to other means of energy production. We will run out of oil and natural resources one day. I think the issue will be shelved until it's too late. We have the means to do it. Solar and wind energy is our best bet. Clean, reliable, and most important of all it's free. We'll never run out of wind, and solar energy is guaranteed for another few billion years. I can't argue against that. There really is no excuse to not use them.

We can never run out of oil or coal, maybe outpace it's creation(probably not), but never run out. It is being made by the earth every single day. The only thing that is realistic is that we will use it faster than we can get to it.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    We can never run out of oil or coal, maybe outpace it's creation(probably not), but never run out. It is being made by the earth every single day. The only thing that is realistic is that we will use it faster than we can get to it.

I can't find the link. I read an article about some researchers growing algae and the with the proper amount of pressure and heat, within 45 minutes they had crude oil.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I hope one day we switch to other means of energy production. We will run out of oil and natural resources one day. I think the issue will be shelved until it's too late. We have the means to do it. Solar and wind energy is our best bet. Clean, reliable, and most important of all it's free. We'll never run out of wind, and solar energy is guaranteed for another few billion years. I can't argue against that. There really is no excuse to not use them.[/QUOTEI don't see "renewable energy" as being free. The govt is giving tax breaks on electric cars. That means we taxpayers pick up the difference. Ditto for govt subsidies on windmills. And, can we say Solyndra? The $535 million "given" them by the govt (us) costs us all.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I hope one day we switch to other means of energy production. We will run out of oil and natural resources one day. I think the issue will be shelved until it's too late. We have the means to do it. Solar and wind energy is our best bet. Clean, reliable, and most important of all it's free. We'll never run out of wind, and solar energy is guaranteed for another few billion years. I can't argue against that. There really is no excuse to not use them.

Predictably, here we go. We started out talking about Global Warming; now, somehow the issue has morphed over to scarcity and "running out." Nuh-uh. The Greens aren't afraid we're going to "run out" of fossil fuels - they're scared of us continuing to use them indefinitely, at affordable market rates. It seems to always be this way when you discuss an issue with people who have swallowed the Leftist line, hook and sinker: you either start out talking climate change, debunk that, and they shift to "scarcity;" or else you start out talking "scarcity," somebody starts putting up data about proven reserves, and then they switch to how "the sea level is going to swamp us."

And the above poster is correct in pointing out - this isn't "free," even by a long shot. We have to pay through the nose for these "alternative sources." When you say, "we" have the means to do it, I wonder...do you have a mouse in your pocket? Whose "means" are you talking about? People and markets will adapt to true (as opposed to artificial) scarcity. What we have in the Greens, is a group of people who have determined that this much-talked-about "day of reckoning" won't come soon enough for their liking, and they want to force it to happen sooner; far, far in advance of any actual market-driven adversity which would hypothetically force us to adapt.

If you want to force draconian, society-reengineering changes on peoples' standard of living - at the sole expense of western nations - while the bankers continue to get rich off it...and the eastern world continues to use the Earth as its toilet, I just think you need to display a whole lot better "game" than what we're seeing here.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We can do nuclear without the use of uranium. Thorium does a better job with less byproducts.

This man knows wherefrom he speaks. Also Thorium is much more plentiful than Uranium and it and its useage byproducts cannot be used to make fission devices nor is there anywheres near the danger of runaway chain reactions. Nuclear would be a very effective intermediate step towards lowering fossil fuel useage so as to keep petroleum distillates for things that cant rationally use electrical power, like airplanes and bmw 2002's

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    nuclear is the solution to our problems. wind and solar are fads that will go the way of the dodo bird imo.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Fossil Fuels because this:

hotrodpinupscrissyhende.jpg

Last edited:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This man knows wherefrom he speaks. Also Thorium is much more plentiful than Uranium and it and its useage byproducts cannot be used to makefission devices nor is there anywheres near the danger of runaway chain reactions. Nuclear would be a very effective intermediate step towards lowering fossil fuel useage so as to keep petroleum distillates for things that cant rationally use electrical power, like airplanes and bmw 2002's

Let the Navy build reactors using Thorium in every state. The profits can go to fund the military.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    The global warming fight makes more and more people poorer everyday. How many people have problems affording their utilities now, how many more will have problems in 5 years because we keep forcing the price up. Very difficult for a lot of folks to advance themselves when the things they depend on for everyday life keeps going up in price because of to many government regulations.

Its about the money and control, always has been, always will be

As was their plan. They didn't even try to hide it and many still won't believe. :ugh:

[video=youtube;HlTxGHn4sH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4[/video]

Coal rule would increase power prices by 70 or 80 percent | The Daily Caller

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    It may well be a fad. A very expensive one. Germany invested a lot into solar and wind just to have to purchase natural gas to make up for the lack of energy. They are not happy.
    and what were they doing BEFORE the solar/wind power generation?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom