Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Except for some stupidity related to RIA's falling apart in my hands and my not hitting Poo it was a great time with the boys.

Rock Islands suck.........period.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Kinda reminds me of CM's Rock Island today...

Operating-Room-Far-Side1.png

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Except for some stupidity related to RIA's falling apart in my hands and my not hitting Poo it was a great time with the boys.

Rock Islands suck.........period.
    Unpossible! I have read several times on the INGO that RIAs are as good as, if not better, than anything, including WCs. So I will write your comments off as obviously a state of confusion was over you.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

So, was it the firing pin that tried to escape the gun? I had that happen on a 1911 once. I had just bought it used and apparently the firing pin channel had not been cleaned before. The firing pin was slow to return and the FPS dropped out letting the firing pin come back and hit me in the chest. With a bit of cleaning and some new springs, it was fine ever after. Just guessing though, but I'm having trouble figuring out what else could have launched itself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

So, was it the firing pin that tried to escape the gun? I had that happen on a 1911 once. I had just bought it used and apparently the firing pin channel had not been cleaned before. The firing pin was slow to return and the FPS dropped out letting the firing pin come back and hit me in the chest. With a bit of cleaning and some new springs, it was fine ever after. Just guessing though, but I'm having trouble figuring out what else could have launched itself.

The spring loaded detente pins for the slide stop/thumb safety. The thumb safety came out of the slide far enough to let the spring pins combo take flight and lock up the trigger/hammer. When I attempted to clear the live round the slide was also locked in battery. I manipulated the safety and the hammer released and the gun fired. My finger was well off the trigger and it scared the **** out of me. Thank God the gun was pointed down range. That was 4 rounds into the 1st mag I have ever ran from that gun since I bought it. It was ran by many at our shoots including me and it was A-OK.
    I am considering a Band saw and scraping it as I set here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom