The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Being a grandparent is the best!

Three of our four granddaughters live about five minutes away. The fouth is out in Phoenix.

We see the three on a regular basis, and the oldest is just about ready for Grandpa to get her started with her Chipmunk rifle. The fourth is going to cost me a bundle with flights every six months or so.

My oldest daughter (with the first three granddaughters) and her husband are done having kids. My son (the fourth granddaughter) and his wife are contemplating more kiddos. My youngest daughter is yet to marry.

Fingers crossed that there are more grandkids down the road.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    And to go with the unicorn theme I did have a custom unicorn shadow 2 made for times just like these. And on a side note it still isn’t as ugly as the urban grey it started life as.

This was made a few years ago when on the big national Cz forums there was a huge run of every comment was someone with a “unicorn” they found that was typically just a normal run of the mill CZ.
    I feel like there are different versions of the Urban Grey. The Urban Grey on my P01 has a near FDE tone to it and I really like it with the black contrasts. I saw a Urban Grey Shadow 2 at a LGS once and it had a much more grey tone, I didn’t like it nearly as much.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I feel like there are different versions of the Urban Grey. The Urban Grey on my P01 has a near FDE tone to it and I really like it with the black contrasts. I saw an Urban Grey Shadow 2 at a LGS once and it had a much more grey tone, I didn’t like it nearly as much.
    I agree the colors are always consistent. I’ve had a couple which has led to my distaste for the color in general that looks like too many diapers tht I change of my daughter after peas were on the baby food menu.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Yes, very limited.
    Limited to one of a kind, actually.

If I have my history right, the Wizard and BirdsAway worked on this together to tune it. Maybe from a surplus gun? The Wizard probably told me who painted it but I have forgotten. I would like to try to replicate that as I’m slowly getting better at Cerakote.

It is such a dark blue that I didn’t know it wasn't black for the longest time, and people I showed it to didn’t see it either. But in the right light it is beautiful, with the perfect amount of patina and wear.

Did I mention it is smooth as silk?
    It’s Socom blue. BA had it done.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Yes, very limited.
    Limited to one of a kind, actually.

If I have my history right, the Wizard and BirdsAway worked on this together to tune it. Maybe from a surplus gun? The Wizard probably told me who painted it but I have forgotten. I would like to try to replicate that as I’m slowly getting better at Cerakote.

It is such a dark blue that I didn’t know it wasn't black for the longest time, and people I showed it to didn’t see it either. But in the right light it is beautiful, with the perfect amount of patina and wear.

Did I mention it is smooth as silk?
    First gun I ever bought from BA.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    In!
    Good Afternoon,
    Guess its time for a group pic.

20231028_115443.jpg
    (Not gonna lie spent too much time trying to take a good photo. These darker guns absorb so much light its insane.)

I don't usually name stuff cause I'm terrible at making names, though I feel as if the Shadow needs a name now due to recent events ending up with coolest name for a gun I've seen.... aka Midnight Masada! I had already promised the Wizard to keep this in the group but I don't think I see myself ever letting go of this Shadow now.

Oh what a wonderful morning to all of you CZickos. It sure would be great if one of you fine people could post up a photo of CM with a unicorn or three. :D
    62ef550f09c081d3613ac6a708e18d2e.jpg
    Oh I didn't realize he was being serious... This is absolutely amazing.
    Thanks for having me everyone, I mean it. Thank you WTB for inviting me and Wizard for his kindness in selling me the Shadow.

Hope everyone having a good start to their weekends!

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    range time this afternoon wirh a few CZs and a recently acquired mk iv that doesn’t deserve to be in pic.

Have a teammate of my son who was in bad wreck last Friday. Broke his back and hurt neck. On top of this they were on way to Riley for treatment for kidney problems that have been life long when this happened. Gonna sell one of these replace with something cheaper for range fun and give the remaining to his go fund me

Attachments

• IMG_3762.jpeg
      IMG_3762.jpeg
      158.9 KB · Views: 16
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom