• Status
    Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I successfully installed a CGW 10X bushing in BA's CZ 75B Fotay! It was not as easy as I thought it would be. First you have remove the front sight pin and I also removed the sight. Then use a flat punch to tap the stock bushing out and this is difficult because there is much of an edge to get your punch seated on. Use a new flat punch that has a edge on it. At one point I did not think it was going to come out but persistence paid off! Next I did clean up the inside of the slide to remove some burrs where the sight pin channel cuts through the upper part of the slide.
    After aligning the new bushing at the slide/bushing opening I then pressed it against the edge of my work bench to start entry. Checking alignment again to make sure the pin slot in the top of the bushing was aligned I then pressed the bushing in about 1/8 inch when it stopped. At that point I checked alignment again and stood the slide up on my padded bench and placed a short wood 2X4 over the top of the bushing. Hammer time with a ball peen!! All went well after about 8 wacks then it stopped with about an 1/8. inch to go. It finally seated in proper alignment. I did not try it but it is suggested that you put the bushing in the freezer 2 days before install to shrink it.
    Now I'm thinking home run but no ****ing way pal!!!! I had to fit the bushing to the barrel, **** me! The barrel would not drop into the slide or enter the bushing opening. This required fitting the lower part of the bushing to allow the barrel clearance to drop into the slide and also fit the ID of the bushing to allow the barrel free movement while keeping the barrel movement to near zero. So fit, test, fit, test many times to get it right. This all was about 90 minutes of work. It is as smooth as butter! I think this should really tighten up the groups of an already tight shooting gun! the snow coming in I do not know when we will make it to the range for testing:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I successfully installed a CGW 10X bushing in BA's CZ 75B Fotay! It was not as easy as I thought it would be. First you have remove the front sight pin and I also removed the sight. Then use a flat punch to tap the stock bushing out and this is difficult because there is much of an edge to get your punch seated on. Use a new flat punch that has a edge on it. At one point I did not think it was going to come out but persistence paid off! Next I did clean up the inside of the slide to remove some burrs where the sight pin channel cuts through the upper part of the slide.
    After aligning the new bushing at the slide/bushing opening I then pressed it against the edge of my work bench to start entry. Checking alignment again to make sure the pin slot in the top of the bushing was aligned I then pressed the bushing in about 1/8 inch when it stopped. At that point I checked alignment again and stood the slide up on my padded bench and placed a short wood 2X4 over the top of the bushing. Hammer time with a ball peen!! All went well after about 8 wacks then it stopped with about an 1/8. inch to go. It finally seated in proper alignment. I did not try it but it is suggested that you put the bushing in the freezer 2 days before install to shrink it.
    Now I'm thinking home run but no ****ing way pal!!!! I had to fit the bushing to the barrel, **** me! The barrel would not drop into the slide or enter the bushing opening. This required fitting the lower part of the bushing to allow the barrel clearance to drop into the slide and also fit the ID of the bushing to allow the barrel free movement while keeping the barrel movement to near zero. So fit, test, fit, test many times to get it right. This all was about 90 minutes of work. It is as smooth as butter! I think this should really tighten up the groups of an already tight shooting gun! the snow coming in I do not know when we will make it to the range for testing:rockwoot:

Told-ya.......:)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Deleted. Posted before reading the Wizard's post.

Wiz.....How did you fit the bushing to the barrel?

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Which ones? The older versions don't do much for me with the small/low beaver tail. But the newer versions like the SP-01, Omega, etc... have very nice beaver tails.

I like the trigger(s) after Cajun goodies. I stated that. But yes, I didn't like the fit of the beaver tail to my hand. But you know, research. Trial and error.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Which ones? The older versions don't do much for me with the small/low beaver tail. But the newer versions like the SP-01, Omega, etc... have very nice beaver tails.

The ones of BA's that I shot. I don't remember.

I do like the 97's though. CM has my TRP 1911 currently, and I need to shoot it side by side with the Copperhead so I can decide which I like best.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Beaver tail? I see no beaver tail on this newer CZ.

I keep forgetting that CZ makes a 1911 when I'm counting my CZs.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey Rusty, did you see the K2 .45 at CDNN for $369? That's a pretty good deal on that gun. While doing some surfing earlier today, I ran across the RIA double stack 1911 in 10mm. That thing has a 16+1 capacity of 10mm goodness. I know, it's an RIA, but with their quality on the rise and some judicial parts replacement, it could make a really interesting winter nightstand gun except for not having a rail. Anyone know what kind of case support an RIA barrel has in 10mm?

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers

argh!? I cant get the bushings out of either gun!? The shadows factory bushing is pretty beat up but it wont budge. Double argh!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom