• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    For me, the minimum is the extended firing pin and lightened spring package. That, with a bit of polishing will get you 80% of the way there. The SRS and RRK are also very nice to have, but if you are going that far, you might just as well spring for the Pro kit.

The SRS-1 kit is only $66 and gives you the extended firing pin, upgraded roll pin and lightened springs along with the short reset lifter bar. The Pro kit is great, but costly. If you do the SRS-1, you can add the other components a part at a time to keep the cost from killing you all at once. There's not much of a difference in price between the parts individually or in the kit form.

How much is DIY versus having someone skilled do it? I have done no tinkering with my CZ's. If I have to pay someone else to do it, I would rather just get it all done in one shot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    May be taking my wife's son to the range here in a couple of hours. He's on leave from the Navy right now and is going back tonight. He's been pretty busy so far and hasn't had a chance for a range trip. If he gets back here by 1:00 we'll head out for some lead therapy... :shoot:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    May be taking my wife's son to the range here in a couple of hours. He's on leave from the Navy right now and is going back tonight. He's been pretty busy so far and hasn't had a chance for a range trip. If he gets back here by 1:00 we'll head out for some lead therapy... :shoot:

:yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How much is DIY versus having someone skilled do it? I have done no tinkering with my CZ's. If I have to pay someone else to do it, I would rather just get it all done in one shot.

Whether or not it makes sense to do it yourself a piece at a time really depends on how much you want to commit to the platform. If you are planning on buying 5 more and are the type of person that cannot help but to take things apart, and you want to really learn the system from the inside, out, then DIY is reasonable. But, if you simply love shooting the things just want a good trigger, then I'd just go with the Pro package and contact someone that is qualified to install it. PM the Wizard, as I think he knows somebody that has a lot of talent in those areas.

That is the best way. Get it done and have a complete package.

Guaranteed satisfaction with going this route.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    PM the Wizard, as I think he knows somebody that has a lot of talent in those areas.
    Guaranteed satisfaction with going this route.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just do it.
    When you blow the skirt up on a CZ and get into it there is a few things that can be specific and confusing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom