Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hading to the range shortly. My nephew is looking to buy his first gun. I have a G19, P320C, 75B and P229 for him to try out today. If that's not enough variety to help him find something, I'll pay the rental fee and let him try out the selection they have at Point Blank. Should be fun helping him find the right gun for him. :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Those are nice. Very Christmas-y.
    Hey look at this way, they would match your Christmas sweaters during the holiday season.

Decided it has been a little while since I've bought mags for the ARs (it's actually only been like a month) and I think I'll get some PMAGs since I really haven't bought them in a while. Do you all prefer the Gen 3s over the Gen 2s? I can buy more of the Gen 2 PMAGs plus the dust covers and still come up about even or less money than buying fewer Gen 3s. Are the newer ones all that much better? I have never had an issue with any PMAG, regardless of generation.
    I will agree with Rusty, I've becoming a fan of metal GI mags. They stack easier, slide in/out of mag pouches easier, and you don't have to put a dust cover on them for long term storage. The dust cover only bothers me when I want a quick glance of the rounds I have in the mag, because I have a small variety of ammo I use and want to know which brand/style ammo I have.

However, I have a bunch of gen2 pmags and a handful of gen3's, neither have failed me. I do prefer the gen 3's. They come with a dust cover, have over-insertion stops for folks that smack a mag in the magwell aggressively (which matters on some non-AR rifles that use AR mags), and they have a dot grid system for making numbering the mags easier. If none of that stuff matters to you, then go with the gen 2's and buy the dust covers separately.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hading to the range shortly. My nephew is looking to buy his first gun. I have a G19, P320C, 75B and P229 for him to try out today. If that's not enough variety to help him find something, I'll pay the rental fee and let him try out the selection they have at Point Blank. Should be fun helping him find the right gun for him. :)
    That is a good variety, except no 1911 in there.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Have fun Tom and yes he should find one that works out of that group!psykoGood morning to all.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    guys give me a CZ reccomendation for concealed carry. I have went from not owning any to 3 they multiply fast lol. Im about 6' 245 and losing weight. Wanting something comfortable to carry but without carrying a 6 shot wander. Cosnidering the p07 or the Rami? also looking at the sig sp2022 as well.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    guys give me a CZ reccomendation for concealed carry. I have went from not owning any to 3 they multiply fast lol. Im about 6' 245 and losing weight. Wanting something comfortable to carry but without carrying a 6 shot wander. Cosnidering the p07 or the Rami? also looking at the sig sp2022 as well.

Compact "lightweight" - P-07 / P-01 / PCR
    Compact "not-so lightweight" - SP-01C / 75B compact

Subcompact - Rami

Don't waste your time with that Sig, it's a poor man's version of the P226. You'll be the Camaro who really wants to be a Corvette.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

T-D nailed it pretty well. P07 or P01 are hard to beat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom