Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to
    understanding;
    3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for
    understanding;
    4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
    5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of
    God.
    6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and
    understanding. Proverbs 2:2-6

I don't know if I was so different from other boys my age when I was a child,
    but I do remember being very interested in adult conversations, that is, the
    conversations between adults. I loved to hear them speak about their lives and
    experiences. Some of them were very wise and some extremely foolish. I am mot
    saying that I could discern between the two as clearly then as I can now but
    what I am saying is that early on in life I knew that it was a waste of time to
    carry a burden of hurt feelings around with me forever. I learned how important
    it was to accept the fact that not everyone was going to love me and that many
    would not even like me. It is a very frustrating thing to attempt to live a
    life in which you are loved ore even like by everyone. Here is wisdom from God.
    The Word of God says in Luke 6:26 that we need to be wary when everyone speaks
    well of us. If this is true, we are people pleasers and not God pleasers.
    There are many great men and women out there that need to be heard by us. They
    are those that have learned from God's words and from life experiences the many
    things that will help us to avoid some of the pitfalls they went through. I
    have enjoyed so much my journey in life and particularly the role the church has
    had in it. There are so many who ask, "Why go to church?" and then append to
    the question a comment that goes something like this, "I can do just as well
    being a Christian without going to church." In the question and the comment
    there is a revelation of a lack of two things. The first is a lack of knowledge
    of God's Word and in the second is alack of wisdom where the Word of God speaks.
    It is written that we should not forsake (that is neglect) the assembling of
    ourselves together with other believers. And, it goes on to say that we should
    do that more in the last days than was done in the early years of the church.
    Why? Because you as an individual ember cannot burn long with flame of God's
    love or His Holy Spirit unless you are heaped together with other embers whose
    glow you need and who need your glow. That is the way Christ designed the
    church and you cannot do better designing a church that Christ did designing the
    church.
    There is a total misunderstanding today of the purpose of the church. First of
    all, the church is not somewhere we go to, it is us going somewhere to be the
    church. The church is not a building, it is a gathering of believers and
    without that gathering there is no church and if you have the ability to go and
    gather with other believers in Christ, why wouldn't you? Of course, there is
    that part of the church that cannot come to a gathering and they are those that
    the church needs to gather around.
    Wisdom comes from prayerfully studying God's truth. Wisdom comes to those who
    seek it by studying to be approved of God because they correctly divide the
    truth from the false teachings of man. No one man knows it all but all of the
    truth can be known by all men. Christ is truth and in that simple comment is
    wisdom.
    God bless and go and have a great day.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    My son, forget not My law; but let thine heart keep My commandments:
    2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
    3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them
    upon the table of thine heart:
    4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
    5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own
    understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct thy paths.
    7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
    8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverbs 3:1-8

When we consider the "Law" we must understand that God is speaking of His Law.
    Though Solomon is the one writing this proverb, God is the inspiration for it
    and the "Law" mentioned here is the "Law" according to God. When we "forget"
    God's Law we start down a path that will lead to our own destruction. Though,
    sometimes it may be inconvenient to remember the Law of God, it is always the
    best thing to do for a long and healthy life here and eternal life in heaven.
    Mercy and truth are close relatives to one another. Mercy is the outcome of
    truth. God is merciful because He knows the truth about us and He understands
    mankind. He understands the weaknesses of man's flesh and the weaknesses of his
    mind both of which make him an easy mark for Satan. No matter how complicated
    we believe ourselves to be, God does not see us that way. He looks at how man
    has historically been lured into sin and determines that all of us live under
    that curse and that there are no exceptions except for those who study in their
    hearts to know and to keep His laws and commandments.
    In this age of the New Testament or Covenant, God shows His mercy to us by
    offering us His grace and by grace, salvation. Today there are two laws which
    if we keep, we will viewed favorably by Him. The first is to love Him with
    every fiber of our being and to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. So,
    what is that? That is the law of love and grace. If we love God with every
    fiber of our being we will acknowledge Him in all that we say and do. We will
    not curse Him one second and praise Him the next. With our mouths we will speak
    of His mercy and grace and with our deeds we will live as one who has been
    forgiven and is ever so thankful for it. We will trust Him to lead us into
    paths of righteousness and to lead us away from the evil one though He tempt and
    try us sorely every day. We will not think ourselves to be wise but we will
    look to the Lord for wisdom so that we will come to understand by His Holy
    Spirit our place in the world around us.
    The world around us is falling apart. Socially, politically, economically,
    spiritually, it seems that everything is in a state of chaos. To understand the
    world that God has put us in today, we will need God's Holy Spirit. What I see
    by the Holy Spirit is that the world is exactly where God knew it would be and
    that our job is to be faithful to His precepts, His laws, His ordinances in a
    chaotic world. At a time when everyone around us appears to be scrambling for
    the next new thing, I believe it is the perfect
    time for the redeemed to stand solidly on the time-tested truths of Christ. I
    don't need some new and innovative way to reach the lost, what I need is to have
    faith in the Father who saved me and His Word.
    In the years that I have been a Christian I have seen so many "new things" and
    innovations. I remember attending a Pastor's Fellowship in Michigan several
    years ago early on in my ministry. I was looking for a way to go back home to
    my congregation and to excite them to growth. I purchased a book and some audio
    tapes and headed home excited about the possibilities. I believe I used one of
    these tapes and never broke the seal on the others. The concept that I was so
    excited about didn't move them at all.
    The concept was right but the timing was wrong and the people that I was trying
    to introduce this concept to were not the right people.
    Over the years I have learned by the laws of God that there is no substitute for
    His truth and the consistent teaching of it. There is not substitute for love
    for that truth and for those you are teaching it to. Be faithful to God and be
    faithful to your calling and be faithful to those God has called you to serve in
    His Holy Name, and God will do the rest. That is the way Jesus did it and I
    don't think that I, in all of my wisdom, can improve on that.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his
    correction:
    12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he
    delighteth. Proverbs 3:11-12

There have been times when we all have been given cause to wonder about what God
    is doing with us in our lives. I received a phone call yesterday from a lady
    who is going through some very difficult times right now. There has to be a
    difference between what the writer of this proverb is talking about and those
    things that are merely the consequences of a misspent life. Actions do have
    consequences and we all are paying in one way or another for those wrong actions
    of our pasts. But, I believe what this proverb is saying is that there are
    times when we so bent on making another mistake which will lead us away from the
    Lord, He will take action on our part to prevent us from doing just that.
    The words used here (chastening and correction) are meant to mean the same thing
    as a loving parent or some other adult figure stepping in and preventing us from
    injuring ourselves either physically, financially, or spiritually. So many
    times the younger set resents the inference from the older set that they don't
    realize that what they are doing today will result in great agony for them
    tomorrow. I had rather be chastened by my loving Father in heaven today than to
    face the result of a stupid move I have made later. There are so many times
    that I "need to stand corrected" and accept that rather than to stubbornly
    refuse to listen because my foolish pride gets in the way.
    Over the years, in the absence of my own father, God has but good and godly men
    in my path to help me to see just those things. I do not resent Him for having
    done this, I thank Him for it. I remember an uncle who, when I would begin to
    show signs of being frustrated and tired with the work, would say to me, "Now
    little brother Paul, be ye not weary in well doing". I needed to hear those
    words and I needed them from a man whom himself had experienced getting tired of
    it all.
    The Lord loves us and He has placed around us others who love us in Him. They
    are there to help us and to encourage us and to help to keep us on the straight
    and narrow way. Even as a pastor, there are those in the congregation that I
    pastor that I know have and will continue to help me to stay on that way. I
    rely on their prayers and their words and, even look forward to them. When God
    fixes a wrong thing in my life, I praise Him for it. He has brought me safe
    this far and will take me the rest of the way.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know
    understanding.
    2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
    3 For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
    4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my
    commandments, and live.
    5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words
    of my mouth.
    6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep
    thee.
    7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting
    get understanding. Proverbs 4:1-7

I wonder, who do you think the wisest man or woman in the world is today? I
    don't know the answer to that but I wonder if you think
    you do? The wisest person, what would he or she be like? I only know one thing
    for sure, it isn't me. There have been so many times that better results from
    an action could have been achieved only if. Do you understand what I am saying?
    I want to be wise and I want others to believe I am but I am not on too many
    occasions.
    Someone (a wise person) once said, "Hind sight is twenty-twenty". And, they
    were right. I can look back and clearly see the mistakes that I have made and I
    wonder why it is that I could not have seen them at the time I was making them?
    That is the thing about true wisdom. True wisdom thinks things through and
    looks a them from every possible angle before it acts. Stupidity just acts. I
    admit some of the times to belonging in the stupidity department.
    My father was not around for very long to give me good instructions and his
    father was not all that forthcoming with it. My father was an abusive drunk so
    I knew I didn't want to follow I his footsteps. Is that wisdom? Maybe so but
    it was not to be wise that I made my choice not to follow him and his mistakes,
    it was fear. So, it could be that fear is a component of wisdom. When I think
    of the things that he did to make our life miserable I was afraid that I might
    make the same mistakes (commit the same sins) and make my wife and my children's
    lives miserable as well. I surely did not want that. So, it could be that
    learning from the mistakes that others have made is a component of wisdom also.
    I have heard my dad say, "Don't do as I do, do as I say". To a child who so
    wants to be loved by its parents, emulation becomes a path to that goal. So, to
    be like one's father in order to be loved by him is, to a child, one way to
    achieve that goal. I don't know exactly where to take this or to take it
    farther.
    Wisdom is a gift or an acquired skill. To some it is a gift but to most of us
    it an acquired skill learned by trial and error and quite often in the getting
    of wisdom we make terrible mistakes that tend to follow us all of the way
    through life. Sometimes these mistakes (sins) make us miserable and spiteful
    and hateful which in and of themselves are huge acts of stupidity.
    Here is where God enters the picture. He forgives and He gives us the wisdom to
    forgive. To not only forgive others but to also forgive ourselves. I have been
    a very stupid man. I use that term in a totally Biblical sense. To be stupid
    to me means to act without consulting God or bringing God into the equation. I
    have done this and I have paid the price for it. But, what of you? Is this not
    true of all of us? Oh, how we suffer the consequence when we don't bring God
    into the situation that calls not only for knowledge, but for wisdom. As far as
    I am concerned, that is the greatest act of stupidity of all, that is, not to
    bring God into the equation.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
    29 So he that goeth in to his neighbour's wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.
    30 Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;
    31 But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
    32 But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
    33 A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.
    34 For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
    Proverbs 6:28-34

What are the three most powerful appetites of man?* Power, influence, and, sex.* One might thing that food and drink would be at the top of the list but that is not so, at least not based on my observation of man over the years.* Any person who runs for political office is seeking power and influence.* There is a reason for this and normally it is that this person believes that he or she can better decided for the masses what is best for them than someone else.* It is that or just the attraction to the power that goes with the office.* Rarely, now and then, one runs for an office to serve rather than to be served but, again, I say that this is a rare person.
    Influence is a huge draw also.* One may not have the popularity with the general public to be able to win an office but that same person may have the attention of the person or persons who just did.* In this way they can direct the thinking of the elected man or woman in a direction that gives them power through influence.*
    Of course, now, we come to sex.* The average person is well aware of their sexual being.* It is an enormous and potent something that lies just beneath the surface and that influences the thinking of man and woman alike.* I know I have to be careful here but what I am attempting to say is that this human appetite has created such havoc with even the best of people down through the years.
    In today's Scripture there is the scenario of a man committing adultery with a woman.* Adultery is one man having a sexual encounter with a woman.* Both the man and the woman are married but not to each the other.* Neither of them have any right to have this encounter but they do it anyway knowing full well how very wrong it is in the eyes of God.*
    In our society, a very lose society, today, there seems to be no acknowledgement of what judgment that God has put upon this sin.* For that matter, it does* not appear that we give much acknowledgement to God's judgment on sin at all.* After all, every one is doing it and that justifies it, does it not?
    Think back with me for a moment today with the scene that God observed back in Genesis.* The whole of the human race had become so sin-saturated that a preacher of righteousness named Noah could not penetrate with his preaching the head nor the heart of the sinner.* God wept over His loss of fellowship with the race of man and decided to destroy them rather than to continue to appease them.* God gave up on them.* Is God about to do that with us?* I believe there is still time for us to come back to the Lord but I also believe that that time is nearly run out.
    In this forum, I don't have the space to elaborate much on the destructiveness of sins run amok or human appetites domination of our lives.* Let me just say that there is a day of judgment coming and who will look into the face of God at that time and say to Him, "Who are You to judge me!"* I think we all know the answer to that one.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
    2 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.
    3 She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the
    doors.
    4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
    5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding
    heart. Proverbs 8:1-5

One of the hardest things to do for any of us is to take another person's
    advice. We think that we know best for ourselves and that
    we should be capable of working things our for ourselves. Such is not the case
    but that does not stop from thinking that way.
    I recall my boyhood years and teenage years when there were so many voices of
    wisdom speaking to me from a lot of different directions. There was my mom and
    my aunts and my uncles and there was the many different evangelists and
    preachers and teachers of the gospel. It was not until after I was saved that I
    began to give the value to these voices that they deserved.
    I remember an incident at my Aunt Lizzy Chapin's house one day. I don't recall
    exactly how old I was but it could not have been more than four or five. I
    needed my shoes tied and I asked her to tie them for me. I will never forget
    what she said and, to you it may seem small, but she looked at me and said, "It
    is about time you learned to tie them for yourself!" What she was saying to me
    was that I was no longer a baby but a little boy that needed to learn to do for
    himself the things I should not be bothering others with. That is a lesson that
    has stuck with me since that time. To this day I am reluctant to call upon
    others to do a thing
    that I am capable of doing myself.
    The reason I tell you this is that it has been my experience that wisdom does
    not come in torrents, it comes small drops and bits and pieces. I have words of
    wisdom from the humblest of sources and from "high places". I recall President
    John F. Kennedy and the words he spoke they echo in my mind today. They were so
    true then and should be held as a high ideal today. What were those words?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your
    country!" Today, more people are seeking something from their country than are
    willing to do something for the country.
    I am a simple man and don't have much to offer to the conversation whatever that
    conversation is except when it comes to matters of faith. It seems to me that
    people have lost any understanding of the faith once delivered to the saints.
    That faith, by the way, is to be found in readable form in a book, a blessed
    book, called the Bible. In and on the pages of the Bible is to be found the
    wisdom of God and of Christ and if you will expose your mind and heart to it,
    the Holy Spirit will explain it to you. It is so sad today that so many have
    reduced their faith to a doctrine or two and never get to the real meat of the
    matter. The real meat of the matter is that Christ came to die for you and that
    you need to have enough wisdom to accept the price He paid for you to be
    redeemed. So many still believe that if they do the right thing that right
    thing will saved them. In other words, their faith is still in themselves and
    not in Christ. He and He alone redeems the lost. Nothing you can do will
    change or alter that fact. Doing the right things is a good thing but not a one
    of those right things on your part will save you. You must give yourself up and
    surrender to Christ and take up your assigned cross and follow Him. Anything
    short of that will leave you a sinner-a lost sinner.
    Too many are dying every day without Christ. God help us to understand-to have
    the wisdom to understand-nothing short of Christ will ever suffice for our
    eternal salvation.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way,
    and the froward mouth, do I hate.
    14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
    15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
    16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
    17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
    Proverbs 8:13-17

One has to wonder if anyone fears God anymore? To fear God is to take notice of
    Him and His preferences. He hates evil. Pretty simplistic, isn't it? Evil is
    detestable in the eyes of the Lord God of heaven. And, yet, we don't see it the
    same way and, for that matter, can stand right along side of it and not be
    bothered by it at all. The church used to teach against evil but these days it
    is quite comfortable with it and even cozy with those who create opportunities
    to participate in it.
    I have been accused of being way too radical and, even a fanatic. A fanatic is
    a person that is an extremist. Where Christ is concerned, I will gladly accept
    that label. I will never understand those who want to go to heaven and dwell
    eternally with a God who hates evil and, yet, who want to live as close to evil
    as they can while in this life.
    We used to preach against "demon rum" and how that it was poison to the body.
    We used to preach against smoking and how that it was
    also poison to the system. Nowadays, the church not only condones the use of
    these things (in moderation, of course) but condones them nevertheless and even
    brings them into its fellowships. We have our celebrations and bring the use of
    intoxicants into them.
    Contrary to popular opinion, Christ did not make an intoxicating beverage out of
    water. I have heard that argument but it does not hold water. What Christ made
    was new wine which was the best new wine anyone had ever tasted. No one would
    ever have gotten the least bit intoxicated by the wine He made out of this
    water. I could make my case for that and would if you wish.
    For the purpose of this Manna I simply want to say that over the past 40 to 50
    years I have noted that the church has forsaken the teachings of holiness in
    order to keep or to grow their crowds. Our music is irreverent, our dress
    reflects an attitude toward God that says that we no longer believe in modesty.
    There are times that I just want to throw my hands up in despair and be done
    with it all and if that is true of me I have to wonder what God is thinking.
    I try to hold the line and I know there are others doing the same but it gets
    more difficult all the time. There is so much hate on the part of the world for
    the church and for its Christ and God and that makes it way into our mindset.
    People come to church expecting the church to accommodate their notions of right
    and wrong and forget that is not the function of the church at all. If you say
    the wrong thing, out the door they go in a huff. Our congregations shrink in
    size because the lure of the world is greater than the call of the Lord. How
    sad. How so very sad.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of His way, before his works of old.
    23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
    24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains
    abounding with water.
    25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
    26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part
    of the dust of the world.
    27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the
    face of the depth:
    28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of
    the deep:
    29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his
    commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
    30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight,
    rejoicing always before him; Prov. 8:22-30

I was just thinking that these words apply to every word spoken by Jesus Christ.
    Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I AM!" He was with God according to John 1:1
    as the WORD and the WORD is God. I sure hate to speak of God as a past tense
    for He is the ever-present I AM. What is wisdom to Him is everlasting wisdom
    and truth and nothing can improve on it.
    For the next couple of weeks we are going to be focusing our attention on the
    coming of the WORD of God to Jerusalem and how those that lived there missed the
    day of their visitation. Of course, the WORD is Christ.
    Yesterday we focused on what Christ focused on just prior to heading out to
    Jerusalem. He focused on what was true about His person. When He asked His
    disciples what others were saying about Him, who He was, they told Him they were
    saying that He was John the Baptist or one of the prophets of old re-incarnated.
    How superstitious of a people that were supposed to know better. Jesus was not
    the re-incarnation of anyone, He was the incarnation of God, Himself. Jesus was
    not just a God, He was the one and only God there ever was and ever will be. He
    came to speak as God not merely for God. Now, please, think about this deeply.
    God did not send a substitute to die for our sins. He came to do this Himself
    in the only way that He could. He came incarnated in a body of human flesh.
    God, as a spirit, could not die. He has life in Himself and there is no way
    that He can die except that He take on our nature to die to convert us to His
    nature, that is, His eternal nature. In Christ we live and will live forever.
    By and through Christ we put on the everlasting, enduring nature of God.
    Through Christ we have eternal life. That is true and nothing will change that
    but before we can have eternal life we must enter into Christ to become holy as
    He is holy. Heaven is a holy place and sin cannot ever enter there. So, if you
    do not enter into Christ and allow His saving and sanctifying grace to wash you
    free of sin, you will not go there. Jesus told the Jews that they would do the
    will of their father (Satan) and that they would die in their sin and that where
    He was going they could not come. They did not understand what He was talking
    about because the WORD and wisdom of God went completely over their heads just
    as it does so many today.
    God's WORD of wisdom and truth came in the person of Jesus Christ. He is wisdom
    and truth and anything short of Him is lacking in wisdom and truth. For all of
    the roadblocks that Satan throws in our path to prevent us from that truth and
    His wisdom, we can still get to it if we want it badly enough.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
    2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
    5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
    6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.* John 14:1-6

The way to the cross led to Jerusalem.* This coming Sunday, Christians all over the world will be celebrating with Palm branches and song, the coming of Jesus Christ to Jerusalem.* It was on that day nearly 2000 years ago that Jesus came down the hill that led into the front gate to Jerusalem and entered the city in the midst of accolades from the multitudes.* Even at that moment, Jesus knew that these very same people would be crying for His death by the end of the week.* Knowing all of this ahead of time, Jesus cautioned His disciples not to let these events trouble them but, rather, to believe in Him eve as they believed in God.*
    A point needs to be made here.* I attempted to make it Sunday to the church I pastor.* Jesus is Christ.* Now, to you and I this means that He is Messiah.* He is that but what does that mean?* I am not merely speaking of His being the anointed one, I am saying that He is the One who is self-anointed, He is God.
    No man could ever die for our sins, neither yours or mine.* No natural man born by natural means would have the quality of life to give it for the sins of himself let alone for the sins of others.* Through the veins of Christ flowed blood untainted by the sin of Adam and in that blood was the life of God.*
    I have said this before and I want to stress it again.* "Life is in the blood".* This is why a person cannot live without blood.* It is not merely a fluid that flows through the body, that fluid contains all of the nutrients that the body needs to exists.* It also does something else.* It carries away the impurities that the body cannot condone.* The blood of a person feeds them and it cleanses them.* The pure blood of Jesus not only supplies life to the church of God it purges the church of God of sin.* Jesus is God and He had life in Himself.
    Think on this as you move through your day today.* Jesus said to His disciples and to the unbelieving Jews, "I lay my life down and I will take it up again."* Jesus did not only volunteer to die, He promised that He would restore Himself to life again.* How could He be sure of that?* He is God.* He told those that sought to silence His voice that they could do that for three days but on that third day He would rise up from death and never die again.*
    God demonstrated through Christ Jesus His power over life and death.* All the matters of life and all of the fears of death are resolved in Jesus Christ.* Thus, He says to you and I today, "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid, believe in God-believe in Me."* It is ok to be troubled but not cast down.* Christ has led the way and all we need to do is to trust and follow Him to where He is taking us.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth
    ye know him, and have seen him.
    8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not
    known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou
    then, Shew us the Father?
    10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words
    that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me,
    he doeth the works.
    11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me
    for the very works' sake. John 14:7-11

It is a comforting fact to know. Jesus and God are one and the same. God is
    Father. God is Son. God is Holy Spirit. This known as the trinity or God in
    His three revelations of Himself. It is, at least for me, one of the more
    difficult things to explain but easy to believe. I get it but it is hard to
    help others to see it and like so many other things concerning God and His
    kingdom, this too has to come by the Holy Spirit Who leads us into all truth.
    Jesus said, "If you had known Me, you should have known My Father also..." He
    has said elsewhere, "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father for My Father
    and I are One."
    I can understand the confusion and it would have been as difficult for me as it
    was for Thomas and the unbelieving Jews. If any man today were to try to
    persuade me that He is God, I would find that claim to be preposterous. Yet,
    that is exactly what Christ claimed. Even though He knew it He also knew it was
    almost too much for anyone else to come to know. This is why He exercises so
    much patience with His disciples who had been with Him for so long yet found His
    claim of oneness with God to be an exaggeration.
    Many today still don't believe it and do not accept it.
    Philip said, "Show us the Father and we will be satisfied". Jesus had spent
    three years with them showing, demonstrating, and teaching them about God and
    everything that He taught that was true of God was true of Himself. The "words"
    and the "works" that He did should have been enough but they weren't because man
    always wants more.
    Today, ask yourself what you believe is true about Jesus. Was He merely a good
    man going about doing good works? Is a man of mythology? Were the stories that
    the disciples told about Him mere concoctions? Did He actually turn pure water
    into the purest of wines ever sipped by the lips of man? Did He actually cast
    out the demons, heal the sick, raise the dead? If you disbelieve these things,
    ask yourself the question, why didn't the Jews attempt to persuade the people
    that He was a fraud who only had His disciples tell these things to perpetrate a
    lie? They could not do that because these things were not only witnessed to by
    His disciples, they were witnessed to by many who hated Him. No one could deny
    the powers of Christ they only attacked His message and accused Him of blaspheme
    and sedition against the Roman government. They said that He lied about being
    God and worked to establish a kingdom not to be ruled by Rome. Jesus did not
    lie. He is God and He did establish a kingdom that no human powers can rule.
    He is God who is King of His kingdom both here on the earth and in the heavens
    above. This is Who He is and no one can overthrow Him no matter how hard they
    try. Rest on these facts today and...

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do
    shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my
    Father.
    13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may
    be glorified in the Son.
    14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:12-14

Here are three marvelous verses from the Gospel of John and for that matter from
    all of the Bible. Jesus is talking about our level
    of personal faith. "Those that believe in Me", He says, "the works that I do
    shall they do as well; and even greater works than those I have done they shall
    do; because I go to the Father." That's the first part of this wonderful
    promise of Christ to those that believe in Him. The second part is this,
    "Whatever you ask in My name, I will do so that the Father may be glorified in
    the Son and if you shall ask anything in My name, I will do it".
    Understand that this is not for just them in their time, it is for the church
    for all time. I want it to be understood that Jesus is not saying that the
    church will set the agenda for the present and future ministry of Christ, what
    He is saying is that the church will be blessed to participate in it. We are
    never put in a position to give God orders but we are invited to seek His will
    and to move the will of God forward and in the doing of that we will see great
    things done on a greater scale than Jesus ever did them. Jesus told His
    disciples that they would receive the Holy Spirit and that they would be His
    witnesses there in Jerusalem and out into Judea and down into Samaria and over
    the world. And, indeed, the church has been all of this. Anywhere you travel
    in this world today, the believers in Christ have already been there and the
    Gospel has been preached and souls have been saved and the church is to be
    found. If they have not been there yet, they will get there soon and the word
    of God will be published to every nation in the world. In these places, Christ
    has been preached and lifted up and He has drawn man to Himself. He said, "If I
    be lifted up, I will draw all men unto Myself" and when given the opportunity to
    do that, people from all around the world are drawn to Him by the Holy Spirit.
    I have to ask the question then, are we lifting up Jesus Christ to the world, or
    that part of it, where we live? I hear a lot of people say that they invited
    family and friends and neighbors to church but I wonder how many of them have
    ever invited these same people to come to Christ? There is a difference. We
    can be way too proud of our church and not proud enough of Christ. Let us,
    during this season of the year when we celebrated the resurrection of Christ,
    invite the world to come and see the empty tomb and to come to Christ for
    salvation. Let us lift Him up as the way, the truth, and the life, and, the
    only means whereby anyone can come to God. That would be refreshing for the
    world and refresh the church.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he
    may abide with you for ever;
    17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him
    not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall
    be in you.
    18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:16-18

We are not alone-ever. Jesus made several commitments to His followers just
    prior to His death on the cross and one of the most comforting promises He made
    was this one. "I will pray the Father and He will give you another
    Comforter-One that will abide with you FOREVER." This Comforter, in the words
    of Jesus, is for the believer only and He is the Spirit of truth. The world
    cannot receive Him and the world cannot see Him or know Him because the world is
    blind to Him. But, He lives with and even in the believer's life. The emphasis
    here is on the fact that Jesus is saying to His disciples that He is leaving
    them to return to the Father from Whom He came but that He is coming back to
    them in a different way than He had been with them for the past three years.
    He is coming in the power of His Holy Spirit and that way, He will never leave
    them again.
    The same author of this book called John wrote another book called Revelation.
    Some call it the Revelation of John but I chose to call it the Revelation of
    Jesus Christ. At the very beginning of this wonderful book, John writes, "I was
    in the Spirit of the Lord on the Lord's day". More than almost any time in his
    life, John appreciated the Spirit of Christ on this day. He was exiled to the
    Isle of Patmos and there he spent many lonely days and nights because of His
    testimony concerning Christ. That very witness was by the Spirit and the power
    to share it was because of the Spirit.
    Have you ever wondered what John meant by the words "in the Spirit of the Lord"?
    Why then more than at any other time? John existed in the Spirit of the Lord at
    all times but at this particular time the presence of that Spirit was
    overwhelming to him. Now is the promise of His friend and Savior more real than
    ever. John needed a friend and Jesus was that friend and came to John in this
    most powerful way there on that island just off of the coast of Italy. Jesus
    promised that He would not forsake him and John knows this better on this day
    than ever before.
    Have you ever needed the Spirit of Christ in this manner? "When the going gets
    tough", someone has said, "the tough get going".
    That may be true but sometimes there is no where to go until the Holy Spirit
    provides the way of escape. John needed that escape from this island and the
    Lord provided it. Oh, he didn't physically leave the island that day but he was
    able to escape into the environs of heaven itself and to see the wonderful
    things that he wrote to us about and those things are recorded in this book.
    What a glorious Spirit is the Spirit of Christ. He is the Spirit of holiness
    and without Him holiness cannot be lived.
    When one asks you, "Do you have the Holy Spirit", you can answer in all
    assuredness that you do if you are saved. Christ made that promise to us and He
    has kept it, praise the Lord.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I
    live, ye shall live also. John 14:19

Just a quick meditation this morning. I must be at a surgery center for a young
    man from the church early today. I just thought about what Jesus said to His
    disciples in this verse. It is a part of the "I am going away for awhile but I
    will be back for you" passage found in the 14th chapter of John which also
    includes the 15th and 16th chapters. Jesus wants them to know that even though
    He will not physically be with them any more in His present bodily form, He is
    not deserting them altogether. He promises them (and us) that He will never
    forsake us nor ever leave us to fight our battles alone. At this time of their
    experience with Christ, this is very important to the disciples. In a few hours
    they will be more than tempted to return to their lives as they were before they
    ever met Christ. He will be dead and buried and they will have lost every
    reason to continue the ministry and mission of Christ because, without Him they
    would not know how.
    Christ only leaves for three days and these people are in a panic. On the third
    day He returns to them and for 40 days He comforts and encourages them to
    continue the fight for the souls of mankind. He and His church are continuing
    that fight to this very day.
    Last night we watched "The Passion" which was a modern day version of what
    happened to Christ nearly two thousand years ago. It was interesting to see it
    presented that way but the interest that the people of New Orleans took in the
    story was even more interesting. We think that there is little or no interest
    in the death and resurrection of Christ these days but that is not true.
    People still believe or want to believe in that resurrection but it is hard
    because of all of the "ground clutter" their lives are surrounded with. The
    world will never see Jesus again as the world but every eye shall behold Him in
    the end of time. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that He is
    indeed the Lord of Lords and King of Kings.
    I leave you with that this morning and pray that it will be your meditation
    throughout the day. We are not losing because our Lord is no loser.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my
    name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance,
    whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

The "Comforter". What a beautiful word that describes best Who the Holy Spirit
    is and what His ministry in us is meant to be. The Holy Ghost (Sprit) is the
    Holy Pneuma. He is the "breath" of God into the nostrils of the church.
    Without Him, the church is life-less just as Adam would have remained if God had
    not stooped over him and stooped down upon him and breathed the breath of life
    into him. It was not until God had done this that Adam became a living soul.
    Until God had done that he was just a lifeless form born out of the mind of the
    Creator.
    The church is lifeless without the Holy Spirit. It is constantly my prayer that
    the Holy Spirit will breathe life into the church and give life to the services
    we share every time we meet. The Holy Ghost is the inspiration by which every
    true preacher and teacher of the gospel of the kingdom of God speaks. We dare
    not stand before a class or before a congregation and speak in our own wisdom
    and intellect. I am sure that there are many who do. Many of these folks write
    books and lead seminars and teach others how to sway their audiences but I
    prefer by far, the inspiration of the Holy Spirit of Christ for in Him is all of
    the wisdom and knowledge of Christ.
    So many people have read the books that these people write and are swayed to
    believe the things they say. Now, let me stress here that not all writers of
    books are just spouting their own notions. Many write books that are inspired
    to be written by the Holy Spirit or at least they write what the Holy Spirit
    blesses them to write. The whole of the Bible was written by those who were
    inspired to write what they did by the Holy Spirit. What this means is that God
    breathed into them the words they wrote. They did not dare to write their
    personal opinions but only those that were God's truth. This should be the goal
    of anyone who speaks in behalf of God whether in written or spoken form.
    The Holy Spirit has the truth and is willing to pass it on to those who are
    sincerely seeking it. If one is only trying to get the Bible to prove their
    personal beliefs, they will not succeed. There are some things that we can
    disagree upon but only until the Holy Spirit sets us straight and once He has,
    we will come to agreement. Why? Because He is the Author of truth and never
    the author of confusion. Where there is confusion, the Holy Spirit is being
    muted and is not being allowed to speak the truth.
    I thank Jesus Christ everyday for His Holy Spirit which the Father has sent to
    His church. He is my peace, my joy, my strength, and my comfort at all times.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
    2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever
    killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
    3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the
    Father, nor me.
    4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may
    remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the
    beginning, because I was with you.
    5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither
    goest thou?
    6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
    7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for
    if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will
    send him unto you.
    8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness,
    and of judgment:
    9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
    10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
    11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. John 16:1-11

Christ attempts to comfort His disciples and to assuage their fears. It is hard
    for Him to do that because they sense that something is coming they never knew
    they would have to face, at least not so soon. These men believed that Christ
    would be with them for a much longer time and they were no way near to being
    prepared to go on without Him physically present with them. They were so afraid
    of what was coming and, yet, they could do nothing about it. It was not in
    their hands, it was all in God's hands.
    They did not know it then, but by this time the next day Christ will have been
    arrested and put on trial and falsely accused and condemned to die. By the end
    of the day the next day, He would be dead. The Jews and the Romans will have
    collaborated together to murder Him. He was the only innocent One in all of
    their numbers and He will have been blamed by them for all of problems they
    faced.
    Isn't that so like us all. We can hardly see our own faults and we are so prone
    to point our fingers at others and especially the one person that is least to
    blame. It is hard for us to see the sins that we have committed but so easy to
    imagine the sins of another whether they committed them or not.
    But, Jesus will try to help His disciples to understand that all of this is the
    way it was meant to be. He would come and do the good works of the Father and
    speak to them and the multitudes the goodness and righteousness of God and would
    die on the cross so that all of them and us could be forgiven by the Father.
    After all, Christ is the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.
    On Him was laid the sins of us all and all of who ever sinned are responsible
    for His death on the cross. None or us, no not one, is exempt from that blame.
    Our sin(s) killed Christ and had we been there in that mob standing before
    Pilate that morning so long ago, we would have cried for His crucifixion also.
    It is so easy to look back in disdain on all of them and ignore the fact that
    when we sinned our sins, we demanded His death on the cross just as they did.
    For those who believed in Him as being the Christ of God, this was so hard.
    Jesus tells them that they too will face the same anger that He faced Himself.
    The world would hate His church just as it hated Him because His church would
    forever be there to remind the world that Jesus died for the sin that it existed
    in. This is the message this day, the day before He dies. He would do His best
    to say it but, like so many other times, their ears did not want to hear what He
    was saying.
    Question is today, are we hearing it? Do we think that in someway we are better
    than Christ and that the church should not face the same anger and animosity
    against it that Christ faced against Himself? The true church of Christ has
    always had to face this anger. The anger happens when the true church of God
    does not go along to get along. There is a spiritual chasm that exists between
    the true church and the world and nothing will ever close the chasm. The only
    way to be on the right side of the issues confronting the church and the world
    today is to be on Christ's side. That is where I stand and ever want to stand.
    How about you?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world:
    thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
    7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
    8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have
    received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have
    believed that thou didst send me.
    9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given
    me; for they are thine.
    10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
    11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to
    thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me,
    that they may be one, as we are.
    12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou
    gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that
    the scripture might be fulfilled.
    13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they
    might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
    14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are
    not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
    15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou
    shouldest keep them from the evil. John 17:6-15

Nothing reveals the nature of Jesus Christ any better than this prayer that can
    be read in John 17. You should read it in its entirety and more than just read
    it, you should study it. In this prayer, Jesus is talking to His Father in
    heaven and saying to Him, "I have done all that I can do which is all that you
    sent Me to do and now it is time for Me to come back home to you." It is the
    prayer of Christ that defines His divinity more clearly than nearly anything
    else He says or does. There is one more thing left for Him to do before He can
    go home to the Father and that is, He must suffer through the next day and die
    on the cross.
    I am always amazed at this no matter how many times I read about it or hear
    about it. We know that Jesus the man is the "son of man" which means that He is
    fully man and can feel pain in His earthly body and pain in His heart just as
    any other man can feel these things. He is not immune to feeling the highs and
    lows of His emotions. We also know that Jesus the man is fully God. He carries
    with Him throughout all of His life the burden to seek out and to save that
    which was lost. He is the Lamb of God that came to save the world from sin.
    Can you imagine for one minute what that burden must have been like? We feel it
    to some degree because, as Christians, we are given the same mandate but
    Christ's entire life was consumed by it. In the garden He sweat drops of blood
    over it. Jesus Christ did not fear death as some suppose He did. No! No! No!
    Jesus feared for our lives. Would His death change anything? Would His bearing
    our sins to the cross change the way we live? Evidently for some it did and
    still does but, for others, not at all.
    As we come to the day we celebrate Easter, those that truly understand the
    battle that Christ fought for us do not celebrate a day, we celebrate His life.
    We appreciate His death but we celebrate His life. He is alive now. He died on
    the cross for me. I take that very personally and it is of no value to you
    until you take it personally also. How could I ever repay Him for what He did
    and continues to do daily for me. The only way that I can is to love Him and
    serve Him no matter what anyone else does. That, I intend to do.
    Do you take what Christ did personally? I certainly pray so.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he
    suffered;
    9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all
    them that obey him;
    10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec. Hebrews 5:8-10

Sharon and I have taken a few days to get away. We are in Gatlinsburg, TN. I
    am not sure what to do here but we will find enough to keep us busy for a few
    days. Pray for us that this little trip helps us to get better and be better.
    We both are so tired.
    AS it was with Christ, so is it with us. We need to be perfected in Christ.
    Christ is the Author of eternal salvation but before He could be that, He had to
    learn obedience to the Father in Heaven. What we often forget is that Jesus was
    just as much the son of man as He was and is the Son of God. He had a human
    side to Himself that had to be brought into subjection to the God that reigned
    within. There was the ability to feel pain and sorrow and joy and peace. He
    could feel everything that we feel and concern Himself with everything that
    concerns us. He had family and even as He hung on the cross He concerned
    Himself with them and especially His mother. We concern ourselves with the
    things of God but the things of this life are a concern to us. There is nothing
    wrong with this as long as we prioritize them in a manner that is pleasing to
    God. May God help us all to learn how to do that.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    When Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged Him.
    2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on His head, and they
    put on Him a purple robe,
    3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote Him with their hands.
    4 Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring Him
    forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in Him.
    5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And
    Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!
    John 19:1-5

For nearly 44 years now, I have been preaching Jesus Christ as a minister in the
    church of God. I have done my very best to present
    Him to the world and to honor Him in the church. It has been my observation
    that so many are willing to see Jesus as "the man" as did Pilate but so few are
    willing to honor Him as God. It is quite a thing in this current day for so
    many to want to know Jesus as a historical figure but not as their sovereign
    Lord. They want to dip their toe into the water, in other words, but they don't
    want to immerge themselves in Christ. Most people want just enough religion to
    insure them a place in any place but hell but not enough faith to put them at
    risk with their social groups. What a shame that so many believe that by merely
    speaking the name
    "Jesus" they make themselves ready for an eternity with Him.
    Question. Why would anyone want to spend eternity with Christ if they do not
    want to spend even a few minutes with Him in this life? If a person is not
    comfortable with Christ in this life, what makes them think that they will be
    comfortable with Him in the eternity to come? The same people that ridicule Him
    now want to go to heaven where He is sovereign Lord and I don't understand why?
    In this life they make a mockery of Him by professing when it is convenient an
    association with Him and then make fun of those that are His closest followers
    and who actually do believe that He is Lord as well as Savior.
    Pilate and the mob that surrounded him in his courtyard the day Jesus was
    sentenced to die on the cross were wrong about Jesus. He was not just "the
    man", He was and is eternal God. They, like so many today, put a phony crown on
    His head and a purple robe on His shoulders and pretended to worship Him. If a
    person truly believes that Christ is Lord, that person would give more than mere
    lip service to Him. They would give whole-hearted service to Him.
    On Resurrection Sunday (Easter to the world around the church) our attendance
    jumped to nearly double what we usually have in our worship service. Yesterday
    we had the post-Easter slump. Sad, isn't it? I knew by past experience that it
    would be that way. I knew it would because, after 44 years, I have seen it time
    and time again. Why don't people understand that every Sunday is a day for
    those that believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ to come together and
    share their faith in the fact that He is resurrected and alive to this very day?
    Every first day of the week is a day to experience the joy of His resurrection
    and the fact that it is the basis for our hope to be resurrected ourselves. If
    He is not resurrected, we are wasting our time but if He is resurrected we have
    every right to expect to be resurrected by Him in the future so why not come
    together and celebrate that as a fact?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    6 When the chief priests therefore and officers saw Him, they cried out, saying,
    Crucify Him, crucify Him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye Him, and crucify Him:
    for I find no fault in Him.
    7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because
    he made Himself the Son of God.
    8 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;
    9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art Thou?
    But Jesus gave Him no answer.
    10 Then saith Pilate unto Him, Speakest Thou not unto me? knowest Thou not that
    I have power to crucify Thee, and have power to release Thee?
    11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against Me, except it were
    given thee from above: therefore he that delivered Me unto thee hath the greater
    sin.
    12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release Him: but the Jews cried out,
    saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh
    himself a king speaketh against Caesar. John 19:6-12

I find it rather amazing that this all played out the way that it did. Here is
    a Roman trying to protect Jesus from the Jews. It should have been the other
    way around, but it was not as we all know. Jesus was innocent of all charges
    whether they be sedition against Rome or blaspheme against God. He was not the
    One with the problem, everyone else was. The unbelieving Jew called for His
    death, the Roman judge listened to the mob instead of his heart. In his heart,
    Pilate knew Jesus was innocent and that these were trumped up charges and even
    said so when he told them that he found no fault (guilt) in Him. Every time we
    question the Person of Jesus Christ, we stand with the unbelieving mob and the
    one who judged His life less worthy than his own.
    So, the Jews told Pilate, "We have a law". Isn't that interesting? The law
    they spoke of was being misapplied to Jesus. After all, Jesus was the Author of
    the law that they spoke of and what the law said was that blaspheme was
    punishable by death. But, this law did not apply to Jesus because He never
    broke the law. He never broke any of the laws given by God, let alone this one.
    I have a question for all of the "legalist". When asked what was the most
    important of all of the laws, how did Jesus answer? He said that the first and
    foremost law was that we love God with all of our being in all of our strength
    with all of our thoughts. Then He said, we are to love our neighbor as we love
    ourselves. Which of these two laws was the hardest to keep? You and I both
    know that the hardest to keep was and is the one concerning our love for our
    neighbor. In going to the cross to die for us, Jesus was keeping both of these
    laws. He put God ahead of Himself as a an and He put us ahead of Himself as
    God. It was not Jesus that was at fault for their was not fault in Him. The
    fault lies with us when we don't take either the time or put forth the effort to
    get to know Him and to study His words and pray to comprehend them.
    We can blame Pilate for not going far enough in his efforts to release Jesus but
    what about us? How far do we go to tell others that Jesus was not at fault and
    that His death was a tragic event? It was not for His own sake that He died, it
    was for the sake of the mob and of Pilate and of the Emperor of Rome and us. He
    died to give us an opportunity to get to know Him but, again I ask, how much
    effort to get to know Him do we make? We want to know Him some but more often
    than not, we don't want to know Him enough that it will get us into any trouble
    with those who have no use for Him. As for me, I cannot get to know Him enough.
    He is my very be friend and a constant presence in my life. I love to have it
    that way.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS
    OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.
    20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was
    crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and
    Latin.
    21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the
    Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
    22 Pilate answered, What I have written I have written. John 19:19-22

Pilate, in an attempt to soothe his own conscience and to further agitate the
    Jews had an inscription written and nailed to the cross above Jesus' head. It
    read, "Jesus of Nazareth, The King of the Jews". One reason for this was that
    Pilate saw in Jesus more nobility than he had seen in any other Jew he had come
    across. There was this nobility in Christ, you know, and it seems strange to me
    that Pilate was the one to take note of it. If there ever was a man of Jewish
    descent that deserved to be king, it was Jesus. Pilate had been around
    aristocracy enough to know what it looked like and Jesus was it.
    At the time that Jesus was crucified another man claimed to be king of the Jews.
    This notice posted over the head of Christ as He hung on the cross would have
    been an agitation to him as well. His name is Herod. He was never king of the
    Jews in the sense that Christ is. It is certain that the throne was not his by
    any legal claim to it for he was not in the blood line of David. Christ Jesus
    was a "son of David" and a rightful heir to the throne and was announced to be
    Israel's King from the very moment of His birth
    and for that reason the Herod at that time sought to kill Him. This current
    Herod was amused by Jesus but never took His claim to be the rightful King of
    the Jews seriously. Now, his arch-enemy proclaims that the King of the Jews is
    Jesus of Nazareth. Pilate by doing this has achieved a couple of things. He
    has killed the one Person that Herod could not kill and he has killed the real
    King of the Jews so that the Jews could never claim to have any other king than
    Caesar in reality. This is what the proclaimed as the cried for Christ's
    crucifixion and now it is true because Pilate made sure of it. Later they
    realized the mistake they had made and went to Pilate and asked him to change
    the inscription but he refused. Pilate knew exactly the effect this would have
    on any observer of this event. Finally, the rightful heir to the throne of
    David is dead and there will be no other to take His place
    ever. What Pilate did not take into consideration was the resurrection of
    Christ. He is King and He is the eternal King of the Kingdom of God forever.
    Never will He be deposed from the throne that is His rightful and righteous
    inheritance. All of the Apostles and the followers of Christ know this. He is
    not going to be King, He is the King of the Jews. He was then, He is now, and
    He will be forever.

Top Bottom