Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So they've concluded what everyone here--except the usual suspects--pretty much believed from the start. That Brown's friend started that narrative, which was then seized upon and perpetuated by the race baiters.

Heck, several start-up groups STILL endorse it. In the face of the revealed truth, if groups like these want to be seen as legitimate organizations for the cause of fighting racial discrimination, they need to renounce that narrative. Fighting faux discrimination is discrediting.

Why don't these people read the report and realize that THEY WERE DUPED!? And then get really PISSED!?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Why don't these people read the report and realize that THEY WERE DUPED!? And then get really PISSED!?

Because "these people" don't care about facts; they only care about what they feel.
    Facts are trumped by their feelings and their prejudices; only their feelings are real to them and just because it didn't happen doesn't mean it isn't true, if they feel it's true.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I like it when people care enough to get involved in local politics.

I like it even more when they put away knee jerk reactions and media/activist driven narratives and work to elect the best candidates.

I fear that the upcoming election will be reactionary, and not considered.

You may be correct and I am relatively sure you will agree with me that it is their right to vote in a reactionary manner rather than a considered manner.
    They will, just as in previous elections, "reap what they sow."
    Their future is in their own hands, just as their past was.
    My only concern is voter fraud by those who want a particular outcome and believe "the end justifies the means."

Please notice I am condemning voter fraud by either side.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You may be correct and I am relatively sure you will agree with me that it is their right to vote in a reactionary manner rather than a considered manner.
    They will, just as in previous elections, "reap what they sow."
    Their future is in their own hands, just as their past was.
    My only concern is voter fraud by those who want a particular outcome and believe "the end justifies the means."

Please notice I am condemning voter fraud by either side.

I don't disagree with any of that. Their choice...hopefully whatever choices are made, whover wins the various elections, the state and the feds. don't have to end up sending money in to "solve" the problems.

I have a municipality very close to me that proves that copious amounts of federal dollars don't solve problems.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't disagree with any of that. Their choice...hopefully whatever choices are made, whover wins the various elections, the state and the feds. don't have to end up sending money in to "solve" the problems.

I have a municipality very close to me that proves that copious amounts of federal dollars don't solve problems.

My impression is that "copious amounts of federal dollars" increase the problems they are supposed to be solving.
    Again, their choice. If they choose to buy more problems, they will get more problems.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Their problems can't be solved at the ballet box. they need changes in the homes. That's a place I would not want the government involved if it were me. Mothers & fathers reign in your kids. Take personal responsibility. Black on black violence leads to police interactions. Which leads to even more problems in the communities. Stop the violence. Start respecting the law. Stop skirting it. Teach respect. Teach your children to be respectful to everyone! LEO"S fellow man kind in general.

I'd love to see more financial investments in these community's. Leading to more jobs. It's really hard to get anyone to want to go in with an investment in a high crime area for obvious reasons. Throwing government money in to these areas just leads to corruption. It's a downward spiral that needs to stop.

Maybe these elections will help. But I am thinking what most want is the LEO's to let the community's do what they want. With little interaction and intervention. but Betting Jr sell crack and pot will only lead to more drug problems. An even farther downward spiral. Letting him beat, rob and pillage to survive hasn't worked out well so far either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My impression is that "copious amounts of federal dollars" increase the problems they are supposed to be solving.
    Again, their choice. If they choose to buy more problems, they will get more problems.

I hate that they can vote to get more of my money.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So what happens when they get the "government they want" and things get worse?

I'm going to need more popcorn oil for one thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what happens when they get the "government they want" and things get worse?

I'm going to need more popcorn oil for one thing.

Hey, it worked for Detroit.

[video=youtube;YG8YWpnugJE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG8YWpnugJE[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom