• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess I misunderstood.
    It sure sounded to me as if you thought the police department was part of the problem.
    I guess it was just the bad city government.

The police department WAS part of the problem, but fault doesn't solely lie with them. The city administration was equally, if not more culpable. It's naïve to believe that the officers that participated in fleecing the populace did so on their own accord, and without the knowledge of city officials. So yes, you misunderstood.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I must have missed something. When did the DOJ study become settled science? The last I recall hearing about it was John Lott having issues with the stats. I thought that the targeting claimed wasn't necessarily accurate. I'm not pushing back, I'm just thinking I missed something.

Lott's issues is with the racial component of the report. There's a difference of opinion concerning that, so I'm not bring up that part. Lott doesn't address the city's shameful revenue generating scheme.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The police department WAS part of the problem, but fault doesn't solely lie with them. The city administration was equally, if not more culpable. It's naïve to believe that the officers that participated in fleecing the populace did so on their own accord, and without the knowledge of city officials. So yes, you misunderstood.

I think I understood you quite well.
    If you think I didn't, you are entitled to your opinion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My goodness, how convinced you are of your significance.

See, I was going to let it go... and then you had to go there. I pointed out your flip flopping on understanding, and misunderstanding me. You said you "forgot the purple," which unless you have an epically bad short term memory, is a falsehood (and I'm being nice in calling it that).

I guess I misunderstood.
    It sure sounded to me as if you thought the police department was part of the problem.
    I guess it was just the bad city government.

So you forgot to use purple for the first part of the post, but remember it for the last part? Don't con me bro.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom