Not open for further replies.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Now, you know good and well, heaven may only be mentioned in connection with 79 virgins, or you're a bad person. Remember: teach your children to lose their virginity early, otherwise when they go to heaven they'll... I'd better just stop. I'll probably get the hammer anyway :(

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Martial Law?
    Isn't that Marshall Law... It must be. I saw it on the INGO.
    No, it's Martian Law.

der-dieb.jpg

Did the "who's banned?" thread disappear too? I wanted to what happened to GPIA7R. I guess it was bound to happen as I can't remember the last time he ever posted anything about actual using guns. EDIT: found it.

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom! Wait, this isn't a Glock thread, nevermind.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Good question. The INGOer I thought was heading for extinction because of a posting or two of his there is still alive, I see.
    I feel so vindicated with that comment.

It went to thread heaven. Oh wait, crap, can I say that without being banned, drawn, quartered and having my :ingo: sticker ripped off the car?
    Depends. Are you part of the cool club?

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Yeah. I've seen permabans handed out for less than what he posted.

I had missed it. what was the basics without getting into trouble?

Also I have a general question so no one gets butt hurt.

Is pointing out how blacks are used by liberals and that black neighborhoods are often more dangerous than white neighborhoods the kind of stuff to get banned? or blacks often committing more crimes per capita than whites ( because of liberal policies is the reason) I would hope we can be truthful about things and have civil conversations. If not we might as well surrender our guns.

I get the whole private board thing, but this is not a comic collecting board its a gun board and a little more leeway should be allowed depending on what is said.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I hope we can be honest, but I think we need to keep in mind that whatever we say has to be accurate and have a reason.

I fail to see the purpose, or accuracy, of "those people are just like that" which was very similar to some things that were said (probably more than that).

I would hope that we can talk, in general terms about societal problems even problems withing specific communities without resorting to stereotypes and prejudices. Also, to be accurate, just pointing out crime statistics without considering something other than race can be misleading. When you compare neighborhoods of similar income level and education level, what is the difference if any? I would also hope that we can respectful understanding that the overwhelming majority of every group is not the problem. Ferguson, Mo. is a town of about 21,000, 67% of which is black. This means that there are about 14,000 black residents of Ferguson. Did anyone see in the news reports more than a dozen or 2 looters? Less than 100 people actually participating in riots? How many people came from out of town? The vast majority of black people in Ferguson, let alone in the country are not part of the problem. When we start evaluating whole groups based upon the actions of a very loud, very vocal, and even very violent few and their self-appointed mouthpieces, we easily tip over to racism. That is what we need to avoid.

Among the protesters (and protest is a solemn American right regardless of how we view the reasons for the protest), there are those who want to vilify all white cops or all white people...is that fair? Is that just? Why is it OK to get angry at the broad brush when you are being painted by it, but it's acceptable to turn around and use the same broad brush on an entire race or even on a poor neighborhood where 90+% of the people just want to live their life? That was my problem with some of the comments in the other thread.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I had missed it. what was the basics without getting into trouble?

Also I have a general question so no one gets butt hurt.

Is pointing out how blacks are used by liberals and that black neighborhoods are often more dangerous than white neighborhoods the kind of stuff to get banned? or blacks often committing more crimes per capita than whites ( because of liberal policies is the reason) I would hope we can be truthful about things and have civil conversations. If not we might as well surrender our guns.

I get the whole private board thing, but this is not a comic collecting board its a gun board and a little more leeway should be allowed depending on what is said.

I hope we can be honest, but I think we need to keep in mind that whatever we say has to be accurate and have a reason.

I fail to see the purpose, or accuracy, of "those people are just like that" which was very similar to some things that were said (probably more than that).

I would hope that we can talk, in general terms about societal problems even problems withing specific communities without resorting to stereotypes and prejudices. Also, to be accurate, just pointing out crime statistics without considering something other than race can be misleading. When you compare neighborhoods of similar income level and education level, what is the difference if any? I would also hope that we can respectful understanding that the overwhelming majority of every group is not the problem. Ferguson, Mo. is a town of about 21,000, 67% of which is black. This means that there are about 14,000 black residents of Ferguson. Did anyone see in the news reports more than a dozen or 2 looters? Less than 100 people actually participating in riots? How many people came from out of town? The vast majority of black people in Ferguson, let alone in the country are not part of the problem. When we start evaluating whole groups based upon the actions of a very loud, very vocal, and even very violent few and their self-appointed mouthpieces, we easily tip over to racism. That is what we need to avoid.

Among the protesters (and protest is a solemn American right regardless of how we view the reasons for the protest), there are those who want to vilify all white cops or all white people...is that fair? Is that just? Why is it OK to get angry at the broad brush when you are being painted by it, but it's acceptable to turn around and use the same broad brush on an entire race or even on a poor neighborhood where 90+% of the people just want to live their life? That was my problem with some of the comments in the other thread.

Huh?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom