• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Not sure what the drug problem du jour was back then, but I did come home from work one night when I lived at 42nd and Post to find our complex blocked off by crime scene tape and cop cars. Apparently a security guard had gotten stabbed in the parking lot. Had to park in a nearby neighborhood and walk home since they wouldn't let me drive in. Had a stripper that worked at Dick's Harem House living upstairs from me at the ones on Shadeland... :naughty: Gave her a ride to work a few times. You know how hard it is to keep your eyes on the road when your passenger is busy putting on nipple tape??

The correct answer is you pull over and help her with that

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    If there were fewer background checks (debatable since FBI has an agenda just like all other fedgov agencies) it's probably because they keep dicking with the NICS system and it's less friendly than it's been. People get pissed when they want to buy a gun but the system is down and they can't fulfill their microwave mentality of instant gratification. "Well, I'll just go somewhere else." (Sir, the system is down there too....)

Still though, 2+ million checks a month is a $#!tload of guns moving around. MURICA!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'm eyeing some particular sub-markets:
    -- AR parts.
    -- Ammo, especially .22LR and 9mm
    -- handguns.

I don't see your typical scattergun really being affected by this, nor old collectibles, nor precision rifles.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Bump. How we doin?

9mm? $9 box or less on most places.

.22 Bricks under $20.

5.56 down to 33 cents a round for brass case xm193.

Passably good ARs are everywhere for $500 or less.

Folks, we might never have it this good again. I *STRONGLY* encourage you to position yourself so the 2020 election (or a major mass shooting event before then) takes this all away seemingly overnight.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I think I got rid of 4 this week because I recently bought 7. Too bad I lost them all in a tragic boating accident.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bump. How we doin?

9mm? $9 box or less on most places.

.22 Bricks under $20.

5.56 down to 33 cents a round for brass case xm193.

Passably good ARs are everywhere for $500 or less.

Folks, we might never have it this good again. I *STRONGLY* encourage you to position yourself so the 2020 election (or a major mass shooting event before then) takes this all away seemingly overnight.

Sage advice... I never really paid attention to the market until Newtown and I remember what it was like right after that. It only takes one ******* to **** up everything.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I guess I'm a "hoarder", I didn't buy or need any 22 LR during the long lasting "shortage", but recently bought several thousand more rounds due to the Federal Black rebate program. I also purchased a few thousand rounds at gun shows. My youngest son and I have far more than we will ever use in our lifetimes, but I feel positive he will share it with my other sons if they need it for a SHTF situation. Neither of us sell any ammo, though might give some to friends in need during shortages. We don't purchase when shortages /high prices happen as we really don't "need" anything!

I have purchased 4 or 5 firearms during sales at RK and gun shows in the last few months and a AR .450 Bushmaster complete upper, already had an extra lower, so be assembling it soon.

I have also picked up a few thousand rounds of 5.56, along with some .40 S&W, .300 Win Mag, .17 HMR, etc at Gun shows. Son and I have many thousands of rounds in stock, a lot of high power rifle, but also handgun and shotgun. We also have a LOT of reloading supplies - enough to reload 30K+ of rounds (except for some brass).

I will continue to purchase reloading components, bulk ammo and guns when great sales happen. We have many calibers from .17HMR to 50BMG, so we can take advantage of most sales that occur.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We shouldn't forget that the enemy has control of the House of Representatives now. At the very least, anything even remotely close to fuel for their fire will be used, very loudly.

Heaven forbid we have another active shooter situation with the loons in control of that clown car. Even if they get nothing passed, the residual effects could be devastating. Remember how many anti-gun state laws were passed after Parkland? A lot of them, before the bodies were cold.

Top Bottom