The Founding Founders Did Not Believe in Natural Rights....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Whether the founders believed in natural rights or not, they existed. Laws were made to protect those rights after somebody figured out that murder was wrong.
    A natural right is as simple as fighting to defend the first gasp of breath at birth. Through adulthood, we retain that natural right to defend it by whatever means necessary.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I subscribe to the belief that no living thing anywhere has a right to anything. Existing is not the sole requirement for entitlement. Rights are a man-made concept. Man, and man alone determines who has what rights or entitlements.
    If they were a fact of life (like the speed of light), they couldn't be denied. The USA, N. Korea, and ancient Egypt would have the same basic rights for 100% of its people.

I know my belief is extreme, but it is just another unprovable opinion.

To keep with the original topic, I think the FF made sacrafices for the greater good. Leaving future generations to figure out (or screw up) the rest.

Yet you display the Gadsden.

A proud product of disinformation and laziness greater than the will to learn.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The FF were human, did the best they could with what they had, and all of us, even blessed with the gift of hindsight, can truthfully not even imagine what that must have been like.

As far as the side debate that sprung up here...

I find it ever so delightfully ironic that two men can view one-anothers beliefs with such disdain, place themselves so far from one-another, and never realize, that in doing so, have actually brought themselves together.

Top Bottom