• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What could go wrong, a truck full of pressurized LP tanks and a guy welding on the truck :dunno:

That can be scary.
    As an emergency job, I once was welding aluminum supports directly under some large O2 tanks that were all hooked up in an ambulance that was on duty.
    To be safer, if I were to take that tanks out of the ambulance, that unit would then be "out of commission" and they couldn't have that. Very rural area with no back-up and the those tanks were about to bounce out the bottom.

I did have fun with the crew by telling them to stand at the far corner of the building away from the ambulance so if it blows up, they would be spared and could help whats left of me. Their faces were absolutely horrific. I played it off and got a big bonus for the job.
    (I was able to raise the tanks up enough to slide a 2in board between them and my work. They weren't getting hot. All good.) :):

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Somebody help me out, I guess I am dense. The photo of the family on the staircase, what is supposed to be funny? I have tried to just forget about it, but it keeps coming back and I have looked at it and looked at it, and I still don't get it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Somebody help me out, I guess I am dense. The photo of the family on the staircase, what is supposed to be funny? I have tried to just forget about it, but it keeps coming back and I have looked at it and looked at it, and I still don't get it.

You're not the only one.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I thought I was the only one missing the joke. I've stared at it for several minutes trying to see something hidden. Could somebody explain it so that I may join in your fun?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    12510438_967114093369885_5224989663167177966_n_zps6zbb0bse.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    That can be scary.
    As an emergency job, I once was welding aluminum supports directly under some large O2 tanks that were all hooked up in an ambulance that was on duty.
    To be safer, if I were to take that tanks out of the ambulance, that unit would then be "out of commission" and they couldn't have that. Very rural area with no back-up and the those tanks were about to bounce out the bottom.

I did have fun with the crew by telling them to stand at the far corner of the building away from the ambulance so if it blows up, they would be spared and could help whats left of me. Their faces were absolutely horrific. I played it off and got a big bonus for the job.
    (I was able to raise the tanks up enough to slide a 2in board between them and my work. They weren't getting hot. All good.) :):

Try welding a tee on a live gas main, attaching a stack, and lighting it on fire. So you can weld on the live main without blowing up.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

You're not the only one.

One blonde white chick in a family of Asians.

Now give me my Denny Award!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One blonde white chick in a family of Asians.

Now give me my Denny Award!

I was going to request a "Denny" on that pic. Now why is that funny? If it's really "one of these things is not like the other"....honestly, I'm disappointed. Not for some PC reason, but because I wanted to believe that there was something really funny about it that I was missing and when I discovered what it was, I'd burst into laughter.

Maybe I could post a pic of my extended family with one each of a Sikh and African-American among our lily white faces and we could all double over with laughter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom