• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ... Wow. Look which game is getting a 25yr anniversary release on the Nintendo Switch?

Night Trap!

This was originally released on the Sega CD in 1993... Senators Joe Lieberman and Herb Kohl led a Senate hearing on game violence (citing Mortal Kombat and Night Trap)...

This all led to the creation of the ESRB. Sega pulled Night Trap in January of 1994.

The game is an "interactive movie".

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/987347615086972929

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This week's Gameranx wrap-up

1. CoD: Black Ops 4 rumors about Battle Royale mode, and an Overwatch-esque mode. Do you care? (I do.)
    2. God of War release impressions. Video of creative director reacting emotionally to the positive reviews.
    3. EA addresses Star Wars Battlefront micro-transaction kerfuffle. Says they "learned from it."
    4. More Shenmue news... 1 & 2 being released on PS4 and XB1. Do they hold up?
    5. New Guinness World Record with Eve Online... biggest and most expensive battle ever. (6,142 players...)
    6. 2K Studio working on new Bioshock game (without Ken Levine...)
    7. Dark Souls 3 info datamined... regarding bosses and lore.
    8. Battlefield 5 prototyping a "Battle Royale" mode. Ugh...

[video=youtube_share;nM1sDxTrmMg]https://youtu.be/nM1sDxTrmMg[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have my original Nintendo and I'm good at those games. And I have the retro super Nintendo.

I've still got all my original consoles... NES, SNES, Sega, etc...

Had to buy some "new" controllers for the NES recently to mess with it again. Also had to pick up another AC adapter to get the Sega working.

Here's my cousin's husband's man-cave... even has the Japanese Famicom. I guess he hits up places like Disc Replay and picks up old games.

I don't do much with the old consoles myself... since I'm more of a PC-savvy person, I typically use emulators for older games.

I did make a foolish Craigslist sale years ago.... sold my Dreamcast, 3DO, some handhelds... Can't even remember what I bought with the cash... but I definitely regret it.

LTs59S5F.jpg:small

0XkKD8F_.jpg:small

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've still got all my original consoles... NES, SNES, Sega, etc...

Had to buy some "new" controllers for the NES recently to mess with it again. Also had to pick up another AC adapter to get the Sega working.

Here's my cousin's husband's man-cave... even has the Japanese Famicom. I guess he hits up places like Disc Replay and picks up old games.

I don't do much with the old consoles myself... since I'm more of a PC-savvy person, I typically use emulators for older games.

I did make a foolish Craigslist sale years ago.... sold my Dreamcast, 3DO, some handhelds... Can't even remember what I bought with the cash... but I definitely regret it.

LTs59S5F.jpg:small

0XkKD8F_.jpg:small

The new stuff i cant do. They lost me with Nintendo 64 lol
    I loved the original Sega. I wonder if I have that someplace packed away

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The new stuff i cant do. They lost me with Nintendo 64 lol
    I loved the original Sega. I wonder if I have that someplace packed away

If I ever have kids.... I've got the idea in-mind that I would have them "evolve" through the gaming consoles like I did.

Like... they'd have to play/beat 10 games on an NES before they could play SNES... and so on, and so on. I don't think it's an original idea or anything... but it could give them more of an appreciation of what we grew up with, how things changed and influenced the medium... rather than just jumping into the latest hotness... which is full of far different types of games that we/I grew up with.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If I ever have kids.... I've got the idea in-mind that I would have them "evolve" through the gaming consoles like I did.

Like... they'd have to play/beat 10 games on an NES before they could play SNES... and so on, and so on. I don't think it's an original idea or anything... but it could give them more of an appreciation of what we grew up with, how things changed and influenced the medium... rather than just jumping into the latest hotness... which is full of far different types of games that we/I grew up with.
    Or just tell them that's all that exists so you can still beat them. :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wife just started playing the original Bioshock.

I'm trying to interject with how inspired it is by Objectivism, Ayn Rand, etc...

She's got the books, just hasn't read them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Censored Gaming" discusses the reasoning behind the ESRB changing the rating of The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion from T (teen) to M (mature). Similarly, the change for GTA: San Andreas from M to AO (Adults Only)

[video=youtube;djCVXsN10Gg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djCVXsN10Gg[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like the Nintendo Switch has been hacked! An "unpatchable exploit", even

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...makes-every-current-nintendo-switch-hackable/

Not 100% as simple as hacking other systems... right now it requires shorting out a pin on one of the joycon connectors to force the system into USB recovery mode. That allows the user to deliver the payload, opening up the system to a Linux installation.

This will make the Switch the best hackable handheld since the PSP... which was amazing when hacked. You could run emulated ROMs on the PSP of all systems... from Atari up to PS1 and PSP itself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Looks like the Nintendo Switch has been hacked! An "unpatchable exploit", even

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...makes-every-current-nintendo-switch-hackable/

Not 100% as simple as hacking other systems... right now it requires shorting out a pin on one of the joycon connectors to force the system into USB recovery mode. That allows the user to deliver the payload, opening up the system to a Linux installation.

This will make the Switch the best hackable handheld since the PSP... which was amazing when hacked. You could run emulated ROMs on the PSP of all systems... from Atari up to PS1 and PSP itself.

Whoa. Now I want a switch.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Back in the day, I was heavily involved in a community mod of an abandonware title. I had never heard of the Halo efforts called ElDewrito, but apparently MS is shutting them down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/comments/8eps5w/microsoft_has_initiated_actions_to_protect_its/

Cue Streisand effect in 3...2...1....

The Halo Online. That was supposed to be awesome on the PC. Everyone loved it. It was basically the Halo 3 PVP maps. I was watch a video on it the other day.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Halo Online vid I was talking about earlier.

[video=youtube;Zov0fvdtfRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zov0fvdtfRg[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That would be awesome.

It has happened before that community modders were able to either partner with someone or develop their own game. Heck, that's PUBG's back story.

Top Bottom