The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly About The Jericho 941.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Aye, but Jericho's are so much more comfortable than Beretta's. I'm also not fond of the way Beretta designed some of the mechanics in the grip which can be a problem if you ever drop it or fail to maintain it properly. Those nylon holsters look good Savage but it's almost as if they inflate when the pistol is placed in them. How the hell do you conceal a Jericho (even though you have the compact model) in one of those holsters? Doesn't the holster feel too thick for you?

maybe just a little. Mine conceal fine at 1-2 o'clock. I can conceal it at 3 too but it's a little harder. You have to cant it forward slightly so the back of the grip contours with your pelvic bone. Of course, I usually wear loose fitting clothes and if I wear a tucked in shirt I have a button up shirt loosly hanging over it.

I've concealed fine in Riley Hospital and elsewhere. Sure the nylon holsters inflate just a little bit, but I have two holsters (nylon) that do not. Of course, neither of those have retention straps, but my belt holds them tight enough.

My favorite nylon holster was bought from Ebay and has a retention strap AND an extra mag slot. Yes, this conceals just fine.

Do keep in mind however I'm 140lbs and 5'8". A little guy by all means. I tell ya one thing... when I'm carrying at 1-2 o'clock and driving... it, uh, pinches you, if you know what I mean. If you adjust right it's not a problem. :):

I really look forward to trying out one of those leather tuckable holsters though.

Spectre.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Well I'm a very skinny guy about 5'10" and around 112lbs (unfortunately). I have a leather Barsony holster designed for the Jericho and I like it. It's designed for SOB carry and I know it'd fit your compact like a charm.

This is the one I have:
    Brown Leather Belt Holster for WALTHER 88 99 BABY EAGLE - eBay (item 400029192579 end time Oct-01-09 20:08:11 PDT)

This is one that'd probably work well with your compact (This holster is only for the polymer models):
    FRONT LINE Leather Belt Holster 4 Baby-Eagle Jericho FL - eBay (item 160360276484 end time Oct-03-09 14:15:51 PDT)

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Heres the belt holster I have for my Jericho. I bought it from
    isreali-weapons.com

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I kinda like that. Although I like my Kydex too. Great retention, no button, and lifetime warranty... :D I might look into one of those though.... Thanks for the link! :D

Spectre.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Does that holster fit the Jericho 941 with the tactical rail under the barrel? I have one of the newest models and it has a tactical rail (I didn't really want it but whatever).

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Does that holster fit the Jericho 941 with the tactical rail under the barrel? I have one of the newest models and it has a tactical rail (I didn't really want it but whatever).

For the looks I would have to say yes. If you notice the outline of the holster is an exact match for the railed models. I would say the manufacturer had to anticipate that.

What would be even better is if they had a holster that was made for a pistol WITH a light/laser attached.

I only bought mine as the semi-compact as it was the ONLY model available with the rail at the time. I figure the rail will come in very handy should I ever choose to put a light on it. I don't want to put one on though so I don't wear on the polymer anymore than I have to.

If you do go with a hard holster like that or a custom kydex holster, I HIGHLY recommend lining it with velvet. I started to notice some slight wear on the muzzle end under the barrel from all my draw practice so I lined the holster, kinda, with velvet. I haven't noticed any more wear since.

:thumbsup:

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    These are tough little pistols. On one of my final deployments to South America (Peru), we hooked up with the infantry battalion providing security for our mission. The officers all had to purchase their own sidearm and we saw a lot of different makes and models. Mostly a bunch of Hi-Powers and S&W revolvers. One of the junior officers had a 9mm IMI Baby Eagle (as they were marketed in the 90's) and he had shot it so much that the rifling in the barrel was GONE! He still loved it and still carried it. Most of the blue was gone and the grips were worn smooth also.......

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Yes the holster in the pics above is for the Jericho with the tactical rail. Like Savage said, lining the inside of the holster with velvet is a good idea. I was thinking about doing the same with mine.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I've yet to find a holster that fits my Jericho and even if i do, the pistol is still heavy which makes it a little more uncomfortable.

Thanks for the review.

I don't know where you live but if you attend the Indy 1500 gunshow (I think one's coming up Oct. 23-25), the good folk at Raven Concealment Systems will make a holster to fit the Jericho. I suggest you arrive early because they get pretty busy with custom order.

Enjoy the pistol!

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    These are tough little pistols. On one of my final deployments to South America (Peru), we hooked up with the infantry battalion providing security for our mission. The officers all had to purchase their own sidearm and we saw a lot of different makes and models. Mostly a bunch of Hi-Powers and S&W revolvers. One of the junior officers had a 9mm IMI Baby Eagle (as they were marketed in the 90's) and he had shot it so much that the rifling in the barrel was GONE! He still loved it and still carried it. Most of the blue was gone and the grips were worn smooth also.......

Reason why you probably couldn't see the rifling is that almost all jerichos/baby eagles/uzi eagles had polygonal rifling.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wondered about that. The rifling almost looks like it's non-existent. I didn't really worry so much because of how accurate it is.

So what's the difference between normal rifling and this?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I bought a mid-size Jericho 941 in .45 last Friday. Got it out to the range on Saturday. Wow, that's a nice gun. I absolutely love it. As did my son and my other shooting companion on Saturday, SilentWarrior1. I shot it straighter than I do any of my Glocks, even the extra long barrel compensated ones. I think the heft of that steel frame is good for me.

I ordered a couple holsters from Israeli Military Online Shop yesterday. I'll follow up with how that transaction goes. By the way, that site has lots of rather cool Israeli military gear for sale.

I sincerely doubt this thing will be my everyday carry. But I want to get into some competitive shooting, and this may be the one for that.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I bought a mid-size Jericho 941 in .45 last Friday. Got it out to the range on Saturday. Wow, that's a nice gun. I absolutely love it. As did my son and my other shooting companion on Saturday, SilentWarrior1. I shot it straighter than I do any of my Glocks, even the extra long barrel compensated ones. I think the heft of that steel frame is good for me.

I ordered a couple holsters from Israeli Military Online Shop yesterday. I'll follow up with how that transaction goes. By the way, that site has lots of rather cool Israeli military gear for sale.

I sincerely doubt this thing will be my everyday carry. But I want to get into some competitive shooting, and this may be the one for that.

That's what I said. :):

We'll all have to go sometime and you can shoot my 9 and I'll try your .45. :D Just for the sake of getting to try something different. :)

You'd really have loved the polymer version. It's a LOT lighter and makes a good EDC. Although I'm thinking the recoil of the .45 would have been worse in a polymer too....

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    That's what I said. :):

We'll all have to go sometime and you can shoot my 9 and I'll try your .45. :D Just for the sake of getting to try something different. :)

You'd really have loved the polymer version. It's a LOT lighter and makes a good EDC. Although I'm thinking the recoil of the .45 would have been worse in a polymer too....
    Knowing my OCD personality, give me a couple years and I'll probably have a nice collection of these Jericho 941s. I never intended to buy five Glocks, but it just happened. So far, I like this one.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Knowing my OCD personality, give me a couple years and I'll probably have a nice collection of these Jericho 941s. I never intended to buy five Glocks, but it just happened. So far, I like this one.

I'm content with my one. I'd like to have two, but the other would just end up a show piece. Can't have that. It's like buying a car and never driving it. By God, if I bought a 67 GTO Judge, I'm daily driving that beast! :):

Spectre.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I'm glad I bought the steel model in mid-size because the recoil is very, very easy to control. The polymer model, while lighter, looks like it'd be a little more difficult to control its recoil in anything larger than 9mm.

Top Bottom