The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly About The Jericho 941.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i just got a full size steel .45 jericho. pretty pumped about it. been looking for a 9mm version for months, and could never find one. Was goin to get a 1911 to get into the .45 caliber, and what do u know, boom, the jericho was right ther. was a good day for me today. glad i ddnt go to the 1500 tday LOL...

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I actually seen a EAA in .45 that looked just like my Jericho 941 at the 1500 yesterday for $395 brand new. That that was a excellent deal! They had 4, 2 in steel clothes and 2 polymer ones.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    that figures, but oh well i have been looking for one of these jerichos for a while. and the EAA i saw was pretty sharp to, i just have nothing in .40. i just got a .45acp dies set to justify me getting/shooting a 1911, but i saw the jericho and new i could gert a 1911 anytime. i could never find a jericho, so it worked out well for me.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i wanted one with the original jericho stamping on the gun, not baby eagle or the uzi eagle stamps. like i said i was wanting to get into the .45 caliber so it just worked out.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I'd love to get my hands on one of these. I love the design. It's like a Desert Eagle, but without chambering for that ridiculous .50AE round.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'd love to get my hands on one of these. I love the design. It's like a Desert Eagle, but without chambering for that ridiculous .50AE round.

If my schedule ever lines up with the monthly NWI meet and shoot, I'd let you play with mine if I could ever get it away from my wife :P (I'm working on my ninja skills currently).

jworm1420 said:
    i wanted one with the original jericho stamping on the gun, not baby eagle or the uzi eagle stamps. like i said i was wanting to get into the .45 caliber so it just worked out.

I only asked because you mentioned looking for one in 9mm for months. FYI I ordered mine for about $610 at Blythe's. The original 941's are getting harder to find, especially with a frame-mounted safety, so snatch it if you can. Oh, if you get one in .40, look around the 941forum, as the mod there has put many calibers in his (just need barrels/spring/mag and it's mostly just a drop in).

Rickster63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    I just purchased a Jericho 941/baby desert eagle ll. I'd been looking for an all steel handgun and was considering a 1911 but when I held the Jericho, wow. Felt like it was custom made for my hand. I've only shot a few hundred round but I really like the gun.

Rickster63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    In double action the trigger is on the heavy side but after that in single action it's the smoothest and lightest I've ever shot in a straight out of the box handgun. I totally like and would recommend it highly. I'd forgotten to mention my 941 is chambered in 40sw.

Last edited:

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    its a tank, I have loaded some pretty hot loads in mine, when I test new reloads, this is the gun I do it with, at least if I make a mistake somewhere I know the Jericho can handle it without taking an extreme amount of damage.

JayDeveraux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    I have the Baby Eagle version. Semi-Compact Poly .40 and have owned it for about 3 years.
    I love this gun and use it daily as a CC. Since I always have a round chambered the decocker is a great feature. The weapon hits what you point it at. Love it!

I have read in many places about the 941 having the ability to upchamber to .45 ACP but have yet to find a place to to acquire the parts to do so and which models can accomplish this. Most of what you find on the web is but a repost of what is on WikiPedia.

Ideally I would like to acquire a model that can be chambered to 9mm, .40 and .45ACP if that is possible. When the SHTF having one weapon that can fire multiple calibers would be handy to have around.

If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it.

clownsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Fishers
    Interesting that you say it is not a pretty-looking gun. It looks 'tacti-cool' and futuristic. One of those guns they give to the bad guys in lots of movies. Just looks sharp and futuristic and sleek. I think it looks very well designed and has great angles.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I have the Baby Eagle version. Semi-Compact Poly .40 and have owned it for about 3 years.
    I love this gun and use it daily as a CC. Since I always have a round chambered the decocker is a great feature. The weapon hits what you point it at. Love it!

I have read in many places about the 941 having the ability to upchamber to .45 ACP but have yet to find a place to to acquire the parts to do so and which models can accomplish this. Most of what you find on the web is but a repost of what is on WikiPedia.

Ideally I would like to acquire a model that can be chambered to 9mm, .40 and .45ACP if that is possible. When the SHTF having one weapon that can fire multiple calibers would be handy to have around.

If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it.

Ditto: I too would like more info on the Jericho 941

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I trained a unit in S. America for a decade. They all had these pistols since they got everything from IMI, which is now IWI. 940's, 941's, etc.

I don't want to knock anyone's gun but from my experience, these things were the worst functioning guns I've ever been involved with. We would have one go down literally every day in training-like a spring would break on it. They would also jam like crazy. Some of it could be attributed to the ammo but my 20 year old G19 was shooting the same ammo with very little problem.

I have found the polymer ones to be slightly better than the steel ones, though, so maybe they are making some headway.

I remember thinking every day, "Either the Israeli's are not as high-speed as I've been led to believe, or they use other weapons when it counts."

Top Bottom