• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mkidwe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Greenwood
    Is it just me or does it seem like the 1930's and a lot of people are ignoring the growing threat that is very real but instead of Germany we are dealing with Iran. A lot of people were tired of war then, but the funny thing is that our enemies don't care if we want to fight or not. Iran wants to go to war their leader believes that the world needs to be in chaos for their propechys to come true about Mohammad. Iran will use a nuclear weapon the very first chance they get, but who cares, we are tired of war.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is it just me or does it seem like the 1930's and a lot of people are ignoring the growing threat that is very real but instead of Germany we are dealing with Iran. A lot of people were tired of war then, but the funny thing is that our enemies don't care if we want to fight or not. Iran wants to go to war their leader believes that the world needs to be in chaos for their propechys to come true about Mohammad. Iran will use a nuclear weapon the very first chance they get, but who cares, we are tired of war.
    I think its just you. I don't feel that way in the slightest. Where's their military? Where's the blitzkreig? All I see is the warlords in this country priming the citizens up for more preemptive war of aggression.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    And then his children and children's children wait until they have the chance to stick it to ya, then all of a sudden the tables turn. Force has its place, and all those brave souls who wield it, but it is not what will bring true peace because human beings are incapable of wielding power and authority sufficient in both longevity and justice to end conflict. It merely ends those who ferment war for a time until the next ones spring up unless you are willing to actually commit full on genocide on everyone and everything that stands against you.

Oh, I don't know, but maybe we should check with post WWII Japan, Germany, and Italy. Seems to have worked out pretty well with those countries.

On a different note...Israel doesn't need our approval for a first strike. If they feel they must the US will learn about it a few seconds after Iran does, and personally I think it will come to that in the not too distant future.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    And then his children and children's children wait until they have the chance to stick it to ya, then all of a sudden the tables turn. Force has its place, and all those brave souls who wield it, but it is not what will bring true peace because human beings are incapable of wielding power and authority sufficient in both longevity and justice to end conflict. It merely ends those who ferment war for a time until the next ones spring up unless you are willing to actually commit full on genocide on everyone and everything that stands against you.
    Ever hear of the 3 Generation Theory?! :popcorn:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think its just you. I don't feel that way in the slightest. Where's their military? Where's the blitzkreig? All I see is the warlords in this country priming the citizens up for more preemptive war of aggression.
    Iran's Military...
    Active; 523,000
    Reserve; 1,800,000
    Active Per 1,000 Capita; 7.9
    Total per 1,000 Capita; 57.7

Blitzkrieg only works if you have a Strong Conventional Military, Air, Land, and Sea, and are against a much weaker opponent. Note the success of Our "Shock and Awe" Campaigns. Those Countries that do not have at least Strong combined Air and Ground Forces have to look for different means to wage War and win against their opponents. For most of the Middle East (Those that choose to fight) they have chosen to do this with Stage I/II type Terror Groups funded, trained, and equipped by proxy. For others they are trying through various Technological means to search for a way to fight.

Mkidwe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Greenwood
    Wow some of these comments blow my mind.

France and England though that if they left Hitler alone or if they gave him what he wants he woul leave them alone. What they did not realize is that you can't reason with or appease a mad man like hitler.
    Iran is the same as Germany they want to wipe Israel off the map and want to control the whole middle east. Iran has one goal an that is to wipe all Christians off the face of te earth or make them slaves and to destroy Isreal. But just like pre WW2 we will be sleeping while Iran plots are destruction. War is not something we pray for or wish for, but sometimes good men have to stand up and stop those that would destroy the innocent

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It takes 3 Generations to effect Societal Changes...
    How many Generations have been in Europe!?

Forever? Or just since a particular point in history?

I get it now. I'd have to agree. Which is why I think to some extent the idea being put forth that Paul is the only hope is MORE stupid than thinking less of the same thing is a step in the right direction.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Ever hear of the 3 Generation Theory?! :popcorn:
    Oh for God's sake Jeremy don't go quoting the history of man and talking about how human behavior is predictable and other "FACTUAL STUFF" known to mankind. History always resets itself every 4 years in November on a full moon.

I, in no way, think giving Iran another 5 years will lead to the building of an Arab block of nations. Now you sound like that anti Communist nut Patton who said lets roll on the Russians now......................

1941 + 32 = 1973
    1973 + 5 = 1978
    1983 = Jason Robards stared in the BS movie The Day After. Hollywood still feared nukes coming down on us due to Reagans actions causing a Holocaust.

1979 + 32 = 2011
    2011 + 5 = 2016
    2021 = Tom Cruise stars in Rambone was wrong.

Yeah lets just leave the Iranians alone while they continue to threaten us. Its all good.

If you are a dork and you need purple, I agree with Jeremy and Patton.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Since everyone is comparing Iran to Germany in the 30s, ok... Germany was the aggressor, by waiting for them (or Japan) to come to us, we gained invaluable allies and the entire country behind the war. Going after Iran now would put them in the position of defending themselves, gaining the allies by claiming self defense. There are hundreds of small countries who could claim any day that they are developing nuclear weapons, are we going to start a war with all of them? They WANT us to go to war with them first.

Ron Paul said it well a couple weeks ago. Russians had thousands of nuclear weapons for decades, during the cold war, and we didn't go after them. Both countries knew the consequences of being the first to fire.
    Let them come after us first, the second they even attempt to use them, the US could take out the whole country, in self defense, gaining allies in the process.

Mkidwe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Greenwood
    They men who died at Pearl Harbor Might disagree with you. I am sure that they would have rather died fighting their enemy then to have been destroyed while they sleep.

Iran is totally different than Russia. Instead of an army against army, We would be dealing with dirty bombs in our football stadiums, and car bombings across our nation. Iran will not play fair and Irans leader would rather have their whole country destroyed than to let Isreal exist.

If we sit back and let Iran make the first move we could see millions die by a dirty bomb from Iran. I wish we did not have to fight, I hate war. But I hate the thought of standing by an doing nothing, while friends and family are killed my a mad man even more.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    They men who died at Pearl Harbor Might disagree with you. I am sure that they would have rather died fighting their enemy then to have been destroyed while they sleep.

Iran is totally different than Russia. Instead of an army against army, We would be dealing with dirty bombs in our football stadiums, and car bombings across our nation. Iran will not play fair and Irans leader would rather have their whole country destroyed than to let Isreal exist.

If we sit back and let Iran make the first move we could see millions die by a dirty bomb from Iran. I wish we did not have to fight, I hate war. But I hate the thought of standing by an doing nothing, while friends and family are killed my a mad man even more.

I knew that was coming, some off comment about the men who died in Pearl Harbor.Pearl Harbor wasn't a total surprise though, as you might suggest.

I'm surprised how easily you can overgeneralize a whole country as being evil. And, "millions die" before doing anything about it? Millions, really?

It's these exaggerations that bother me more than anything. Yes, there are corrupt and bad people in positions of power in Iran, but they are also a country with citizens, workers, businesses, education, etc. Not sure everyone there needs to be bombed before they even attempt to attack us.

Last edited:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Check out Gen. Sherman's March To The Sea across Georgia.

Did it bring Peace, or just demoralize the enemy and populace that they lost the will to fight? If you will notice, THAT war is not over yet. Your quote is perfectly relevant. " Fergit? Hell !!! "

Indeed. Force cannot breed peace, it breeds resentment. You must change a man's heart and mind, not his physical actions, to make peace.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

huh? How was this not possible with Russia? What makes you think Russia would have "played fair?"

Mkidwe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Greenwood
    There are roughly 7.5 million Jews in Isreal. Iran has stated many times that they are one day going to wipe Israel off the map. Why are the odds ridiculous that Iran won't attack us. They believe they are engaged in a holy war against Israel and her allies. They believe Allah will protect them. The chances of them attacking once they get a nuke are very high. How can you say Iran won't attack when we see them training suicide bombers. These people believe they get 70 virgins when they die. I would almost say 100% that they already have sleeper cells here. Not to mention we have found Muslim pray rugs in the middle of the desert in Arizona. All Iran has to do is wage a campaign of car bombs here in States. Did you know that all it takes to make a dirty bomb is a shoe box of radioactive material and a stick of TNT. Iran has plenty of that stuff plus they have plenty of men willing to die for those virgins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    There are roughly 7.5 million Jews in Isreal. Iran has stated many times that they are one day going to wipe Israel off the map. Why are the odds ridiculous that Iran won't attack us. They believe they are engaged in a holy war against Israel and her allies. They believe Allah will protect them. The chances of them attacking once they get a nuke are very high. How can you say Iran won't attack when we see them training suicide bombers. These people believe they get 70 virgins when they die. I would almost say 100% that they already have sleeper cells here. Not to mention we have found Muslim pray rugs in the middle of the desert in Arizona. All Iran has to do is wage a campaign of car bombs here in States. Did you know that all it takes to make a dirty bomb is a shoe box of radioactive material and a stick of TNT. Iran has plenty of that stuff plus they have plenty of men willing to die for those virgins

OK ... so thats almost 7.5 million jews with military experience to defend themselves from an attack (you did know Israel has a mandatory military service for men and women right?) . Or they could go be the agressor. What do either have to do with us? When do we stop picking and choosing which allies we come to the rescue for? Maybe you remember this, it wasnt too long ago:

Georgia Attacked – Russia invades U.S. Ally « Liberty Rocks

Thats right, a country that more than doubled its troops in Iraq to stick it out with us, when other countries were withdrawling troops, got shunned by its ALLY, the US.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom