• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Looks like their might be a civy version of the Glock 47 called the Glock 49 coming out.

The 47 is a full size handgun. Same as the G17, just a shorter dust cover and I'm guessing the G19 recoil spring.

The 49 looks to be a compact G19 frame, full length G17 slide. Basically a G19 longslide.

Bandsaw engineering at its finest!

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    I really like the idea of the 49 shown in the video or the 19L hack from the first video. I understand it is to fill a contract but cant help but wonder what role it would fill with CBP. I could be wrong but I doubt they are swapping slides out between 19s and 47s? The only thing I could come up with is the shared recoil springs/guide rod assembly between the 19 and the 47 vs having 2 non-compatible parts with the 19 and the 17. It will be interesting seeing what happens across the board when these come out and how many agencies will follow suit.

I really hope the 49 comes to fruition. I know aftermarket solutions are available, but I typically prefer to keep my carry guns largely stock. I have buddies that run the 19x or the 45 but I haven't felt they shoot much better than the 19 for myself. I have been considering a 17 to keep around the house so the 47 may make sense for me, but ideally it would be nice to not have to swap slides between the guns and keep the slide with the Frame and I actually prefer the 19/23 size frame over the 17/22.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I love glocks but I gotta say, I just don’t get it.
    If you already have a G19 Gen 5, and you buy a G47, you can now combine uppers and frames to make 4 different model sizes.

G19
    G19 Long slide
    G45
    G47 (G17 size)

So, two pistols, 4 different configurations. That's it. That's all. It's still just a Glock.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    The MOS system is fairly substandard, IMO. I hope they offer a non-MOS so I can get it direct milled, if I decide to get one.
    Actually like the 47 Glock is offering Direct mount RMR for LE Agencies. And like the 47 with time they will trickle down to earth people as well.

They just announced a limited run of Gunsite 45 Glock (9mm) with Direct mount Holosun

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Actually like the 47 Glock is offering Direct mount RMR for LE Agencies. And like the 47 with time they will trickle down to earth people as well.

They just announced a limited run of Gunsite 45 Glock (9mm) with Direct mount Holosun.

I was advised by Glock on Thursday that the 47 will replace the 17 MOS all together and the only way to get a full size 9mm with the MOS ( not the direct mill) is to buy a 47. The reasoning was that since Glock is tooling up for such a huge contract, it would be make more sense to just keep making that model instead of making a 17 MOS also.

Glock does direct mill packages for LE using the G45. As much as I don’t want my PD to go with a Holosun optic, I think we are going to go with the 45/509t package.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I was advised by Glock on Thursday that the 47 will replace the 17 MOS all together and the only way to get a full size 9mm with the MOS ( not the direct mill) is to buy a 47. The reasoning was that since Glock is tooling up for such a huge contract, it would be make more sense to just keep making that model instead of making a 17 MOS also.

Glock does direct mill packages for LE using the G45. As much as I don’t want my PD to go with a Holosun optic, I think we are going to go with the 45/509t package.
    I get a standardized issued firearm for an agency however I would hope the use of a RDS is an option. If someone shoots RDS to greatness good for them some folks are just as well armed with Irons. It boils down to each individual skill set. JMHO

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If I can put the G47 slide on a G19 frame... why don't they just make one with a G19 frame? G49??

Top Bottom