The new Glock 43 single stack 9mm size comparison to other guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    First M43 commerical, with extra cheese*:

Glock 43 Single Stack 9mm Commercial

*nothing wrong with cheese in advertising. One of my favorite gun commericals is the Smith & Wesson ad with different guns in the different states. Loved that one, but it was super cheesy.

That video was pretty awful. So why do I find myself wanting a G43 much more than I did before I watched it?

I really had no interest in it before, but after seeing it in someone's hands, it seems more appealing.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Haha I saw this on YouTube earlier today and was like WTF? And did immediately think of you MCgrease hahahahaha

I can't believe I hadn't seen it. I love YM's videos, this must have been one I missed.

I just remember how hard the Remington folks were trying to talk up the R51 at the NRA convention last year. They had like 100 of them on display, then what seemed like 2 weeks later they stopped production.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I went and watched the thing Glock put out the day they made the announcement and they showed this at the end actually. I didn't think it was too bad, I watched a different Glock commercial someone posted here on INGO with the girl home alone and that one was way worse!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    On Rob Pincus' latest YouTube video, it's an hour long Q&A with Mike Seeklander, in the comments section, someone asks Rob his thoughts on the new G43.

He replies Glock missed the mark by not making it a Single Stack 9mm that holds 9-10 rounds.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What struck me most about that commercial was all of the appendix carry.

Meh, it's the new hotness.

The kids today, with their hipping and hopping and sideways hats, dig it. Just don't bring up that old and busted Four Rules stuff. Note the class only shows them on their hind paws and not drawing from seated.:D

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

The kids today, with their hipping and hopping and sideways hats, dig it. Just don't bring up that old and busted Four Rules stuff. Note the class only shows them on their hind paws and not drawing from seated.:D

Yep, not much interested in appendix carry. It puts the gun in a position of pointing at too many things I care about.

I'm sure there are benefits to it, but the drawbacks are just too much for me. I admit I tried it many years back when I was trying to carry a Ruger SP101, but just could not do it comfortably. I'm sure that there are better holsters, etc now, but that whole thing of having the gun pointing at rather important body parts is just a deal breaker for me.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've been appendix carrying off duty since 1997 with a proper holster. Nothing harmful in it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yep, not much interested in appendix carry. It puts the gun in a position of pointing at too many things I care about.

I'm sure there are benefits to it, but the drawbacks are just too much for me. I admit I tried it many years back when I was trying to carry a Ruger SP101, but just could not do it comfortably. I'm sure that there are better holsters, etc now, but that whole thing of having the gun pointing at rather important body parts is just a deal breaker for me.
    Funny, its the only comfortable IWB carry for me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've been appendix carrying off duty since 1997 with a proper holster. Nothing harmful in it.

You seated now? Where is the muzzle of your pistol?

Leather-Holster-AD-Main.jpg

Keep an eye on that holster, officer (too soon?). If you violate the Four Rules while being all tacticool with carry methods that point the gun at yourself, it may have long term consequences.

thumbnail.php

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You seated now? Where is the muzzle of your pistol?

Leather-Holster-AD-Main.jpg

Keep an eye on that holster, officer (too soon?). If you violate the Four Rules while being all tacticool with carry methods that point the gun at yourself, it may have long term consequences.

thumbnail.php
    Hmmm, with a quality, well maintained, holster. There is little to fear. High concealability, high retention, ease of draw. To each their own.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah, I am kind of with you Denny, I realize that mechanical devices realistically can fail. But with some designs I feel this isn't a worry... I think that if you aren't carry appendix cool but if you are worried about getting a round put through you then you need to reevaluate the gun and holster you have chosen. And I stand on that no matter which way your carry method. I do understand not pointing a loaded holstered gun at ones head etc I am not trying to take this to the extreme but you get point I think. At some point in all all carry positions be it on the draw or re-holstering your handgun you are going to muzzle yourself especially if you carry IWB. Be that part of your leg your foot etc. It just tends to happen, granted you are talking about grazing yourself and not punching a hole in yourself, but it's not when the gun is in the holster that I am worried about it going off, it's on the draw or something when someone makes a mistake. I don't feel that on a draw you are any more vulnerable than in any other position if not less based on where you have your muzzle directed... Keep your mind in it and use caution when re-holstering (you should anyways) and don't get in competition speed mode put it away as fast as possible out on the range and you'll be fine.

It's a non issue IMO but I may just be more comfortable with my setup than others are in their own.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    [video=youtube;4RkVGYZexLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RkVGYZexLY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Good video of it out finally!

Top Bottom