• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Was looking the velocity of 5.7x28 over and found it was approx 1750 fps from a pistol with a 40gr pill.
    I then checked out Underwood Ammo and found this round.
    https://www.underwoodammo.com/colle...-grain-xtreme-defender?variant=18785699004473
    65gr Xtreme Defender. 1800 fps velocity 468 Ft Lbs of energy. This world bring the 9mm to the same stage as the 5.7x28 velocity wise.
    How is the recoil? How is the accuracy? Cost per box of 20rds $28.99

SS198LF is out there. It can be had for about 28$ plus shipping.
    It is only a 27 gr. projectile but it leaves a 5" barrel at 2200+ FPS.

MJ
    I've lit up tannerite with 198 in my pistol, which supposedly takes 2000fps.
    In the right hands I've seen steel (8" or 10" plates, not body targets) rung at 100 yards 2 out of every 3 shots for a mag.
    Recoil is not much at all, the muzzle flash is pretty incredible though.
    I've also shot a coyote with my PS90 and my buddies were making fun of the round so we skinned it and it made me a believer. The kill shot was in the head and there was noting but mush in the skull, the first shot in the shoulder did a good job of damaging the bone structure.
    I trust it enough to carry it once in a while.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've read and watched a video from Federal cartridge talking about hydrostatic shock. IIRC they say a projectile hitting the body at 1900 fps Federal says 2000 will cause hydrostatic shock. The way they explain it. It sounds like even a 27gr bullet will incapacitate a person better than a 230gr bullet from a 45 or a 180gr bullet from a 10mm because of the hydrostatic shock caused by the faster projectile. Hopefully someone with more knowledge in this area can chime in.

Top Bottom