The New Speed Sights for Glock,Sig Sauer,XD,XDS,XDM,--Anybody have them??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    So I was at a shop north of Indianapolis shopping different night sights for one of my glocks and one of the employees pulled me to the side and showed me a website for a supposed "up-and-coming" new form of sights for Glock, Sig, and polymer sprinfield lines. They are called Speed Sights and instead of having the traditional 3-dot or I-dot, they operate using a one front and 2 rear Diamond shape. they carry the option of having tritium (glowing) inserts or not having them. It looks like the price point breakdown is between $99.00 and $165.00. They are supposed to eliminate the guessing room between the standard one front and two rear 3-dot system and help focus on the front sight with pinpoint accuracy. I usually rock the Truglo TFO/TFX as my standard night sights but these new sights seem intriguing. was just curious if anyone out there has these and if so curious which ones you run on which firearm and if you find them effective or not before I make the plunge??? SPEEDSIGHTS.COM

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Whenever you see a new sight system on the market that claims to be faster, ask yourself:

1) Is any top level competitive shooter using this sight system?

If the answer is "no", then it's not faster than existing sight systems.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    They are too gimmicky for me. I prefer a dot front sight (fiber or tritium) and a blacked out rear sight. If you want to focus on the front sight (good idea), why have anything at all on the rear? Practice, practice, practice.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I got to shoot with the new bullseyes from the Mako group meprolight on a glock. There is no need for a front sight, I will say they are pretty neat and work very well. Different at first but after an hour I got the hang of it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I got to shoot with the new bullseyes from the Mako group meprolight on a glock. There is no need for a front sight, I will say they are pretty neat and work very well. Different at first but after an hour I got the hang of it.

Did you use a timer? If so, what was the time to first shot difference between it and the standard Glock sights?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So I was at a shop north of Indianapolis shopping different night sights for one of my glocks and one of the employees pulled me to the side and showed me a website for a supposed "up-and-coming" new form of sights for Glock, Sig, and polymer sprinfield lines. They are called Speed Sights and instead of having the traditional 3-dot or I-dot, they operate using a one front and 2 rear Diamond shape. they carry the option of having tritium (glowing) inserts or not having them. It looks like the price point breakdown is between $99.00 and $165.00. They are supposed to eliminate the guessing room between the standard one front and two rear 3-dot system and help focus on the front sight with pinpoint accuracy. I usually rock the Truglo TFO/TFX as my standard night sights but these new sights seem intriguing. was just curious if anyone out there has these and if so curious which ones you run on which firearm and if you find them effective or not before I make the plunge??? SPEEDSIGHTS.COM

So do you work for this company, or is there some other reason 3 of your 5 posts are about them?

KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    No need to come at me like that buddy. Im new to the site ok. I heard from a couple people at a shop that these sights were interesting and that they knew several law enforcement officers who had them and swore by them. So i thought i would ask if anyone on here had first hand knowledge. And on my other posts i told people what ive used and works for me and thought they might look into these new ones i heard about for themselves. But thanks for the positive reinforcement and encouragement. Thought my posts were self explanatory but since there are people like you (with alot to do) fact checkimg my posts, really makes me want to continue using this site

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    No need to come at me like that buddy. Im new to the site ok. I heard from a couple people at a shop that these sights were interesting and that they knew several law enforcement officers who had them and swore by them. So i thought i would ask if anyone on here had first hand knowledge. And on my other posts i told people what ive used and works for me and thought they might look into these new ones i heard about for themselves. But thanks for the positive reinforcement and encouragement. Thought my posts were self explanatory but since there are people like you (with alot to do) fact checkimg my posts, really makes me want to continue using this site

No reason to get butt puckered about it, but companies do stuff like this to hype there product. Its just like gun companies that sponsor people to have them use the newest version of a hot selling gun, or sending new guns for popular reviewers to do reviews.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I would like to check that out.
    Capture.png

The speedsights seem cool. It looks like it would be easy to get a good alignment.
    1diamondebaysightpic1.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just didnt see why it matters or why he was trolling my posts

It's simple. You're brand new and most of your posts are about a product. "Astroturfing" is where companies make shill accounts to seem like people inquiring about the product in order to generate "buzz" without having to pay the site for advertising and to disguise the fact it is advertising at all. We tend to trust "neutral sources" more than someone we know is trying to sell something.

Chez asked a straight forward question. Do you work for the company. A simple "no, I'm just interested" would suffice to show you're not a spambot. Getting upset about a simple question, given that spambots and astroturfing occur CONSTANTLY is uncalled for.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Come on! This is the internet. I don't think the response was out of line.

Can't we just talk about new gizmos?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Here is another type. There are several variations on this theme. All of them claim to be faster for target acquisition and improve accuracy.

I'm sure they also eliminate male pattern baldness and grow hair on your chest.

4e0b9bcf1a3814ee36d82fc15641df4b.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    In a prior life, I built a lot of sights for competitive shooters. Thousands of them. What worked best was a bright front sight, whether that be polished brass, gold, fibre optic, something radioactive, etc. I built less than a gross of rear sights. Now, I don't know if I can interpret those activities into a meaningful observation without a bunch of folks saying I don't know what I'm talking about, but if I could, I would say that the front sight is the ticket. Get a good front sight for fast target acquisition....then practice a bunch....and don't worry so much about the back of the gun. Good grip and muscle memory will take care of that with practice.

Top Bottom