The next two years...Sell, Hold, or Buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    I've seen a shift in my shop from not being able to hold on to ARs long enough to advertise I have them nor being able to get them from distributors to now they are so plentiful I can put my hands on anything, except Daniel Defense not sure what there deal is but hard to keep them in or get them. The panic is done, people feel safe from the idea that big government is going to ban something.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Im not in the market for another AR but if I walk in to a gun shop in the next few years amid a soft gun market and see a Colt on the shelf for 500-600 or sub $1000 DD's and LMT's then I might

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Never buy guns for investments , with the exception being older "collectors" guns like say a Python for example. Buy guns because you want one or think it's cool it is more or less a "hobby" and should be done for fun and not for cash, if you want to make money with firearms get an FFL and open a shop or something

Right now prices are down and really high quality firearms can be had for the lowest prices in years it is a fantastic time to buy

Mostly agree. If you are a collector; it is just dollar cost averaging. Stay away from the peaks and be more aggressive in the valleys.

The competition is the sub $1000 market is brutal in everything from a .380 Bodyguard to decent AR's and bolt action hunting rifles. Not expecting prices to go down much on new though I do foresee the used marketing continuing to soften. I buy the stuff I want (older and new) and someday my kids will do what they with them. Though I don't think any of my plastic guns are going to be the next Colt Python!

BUT the attacks on the 2nd Amendment are not over. Just watch California and be glad you live in Indiana (for now).

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I agree with Doug on pg. 2 - about 36 months of stability... then, who knows?

When Dems get back in, I think they will have the guts to attack the 2A - indirectly at first (no/limited CCW, extensive background checks, transfer fees, registration, etc), and then perhaps directly

Right now, being pro-2A is a winning issue for the Republicans/Libertatrians, as less and less people are familiar with guns, the Dems may gain ground. Take your friends shooting and show everyone what responsible gun ownership looks like!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Mostly agree. If you are a collector; it is just dollar cost averaging. Stay away from the peaks and be more aggressive in the valleys.

The competition is the sub $1000 market is brutal in everything from a .380 Bodyguard to decent AR's and bolt action hunting rifles. Not expecting prices to go down much on new though I do foresee the used marketing continuing to soften. I buy the stuff I want (older and new) and someday my kids will do what they with them. Though I don't think any of my plastic guns are going to be the next Colt Python!

BUT the attacks on the 2nd Amendment are not over. Just watch California and be glad you live in Indiana (for now).

This is exactly right! CA, NY, NJ, MD, and others are chipping away at the 2A as much as they can

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I normally try to buck the trends and do the opposite of the herd. During the panic buying I focused on hunting and collectable type guns because I could get a lot of good deals on them as they were sold off to fund AR purchases. Now seems to be the time to buy ARs, other "tactical" firearms and especially .40 cal handguns if you so desire. It's also time to stock up on ammo and gun parts and reloading components if you need to.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    When you can, buy what you want. Firearms are like the stock market, if you buy quality at a good price you will have your guns and see their value possibly appreciate. JMHO.

Top Bottom