• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If he was ready to go, but then decided not to because the strike they had planned wasn't proportionate to the offense, it's pretty clear that he does not believe it was an unintentional mistake. So why did he say that? He says a lot of stuff that defies understanding. Whatever the reason, it does not appear to me that he believes it was unintentional.

"Proportionate to the offense." I hate the way that sounds. If someone has the balls to step up, I want the response to be disproportionate to teach the offender that the original action was a bad idea.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Isn't that the same quote as yesterday? Like, did he say it again, or is thehill just recycling it?

Yes. I think GPIA is just hammering home to true believers, that the president is making excuses for Iran. Where as Obama had the Apology Tour, Trump has been breaking his neck to outdo him with a Nihilism Tour.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think that is one of the outcomes they are looking for, it will make them look strong to their people to rally support. The other outcome they are probably looking for is a disproportionate response short of regime change that would also allow them to rally the peoples support. They are looking for someway to free up their economy before the starving masses come to roast an Ayatollah or two.
    Which makes the most sense for us to do. Make them starve. Place the blame where it belongs, on their leaders, and let their own people change the regime.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Maybe this was an intentional ploy by the USA to gather more info on Iran. How they may respond, what kind of time frame, how our side may respond in a timely manner. Just maybe this was all intentional "maneuvers"?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    :D If anyone wants to see familiar faces talking out of the other side of their ... avatar, go back and read the first couple of hundred posts in this thread (which pre-date the trump era). Its got everything, including Democrats saying 47 Republican senators sending a pre-deal letter to Iran stating the treaty will require a senate vote are committing treason and being supported by a few on INGO

I guess it really does matter if its your guy in the WH, point conceded

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Imagine the scariest scenario of all...
    What if the president is telling the truth and he told the zionist war hawks "No".
    Netanyahu has his hind end in a sling and needs the war.
    Political, banking and corporate powers across the globe want the war.
    The most pervasively empowered lobby in the District of Libertas wants the war.
    What if he told them "No"?

That could be about as bad as saying boo to the fed, don't invade Cuber, have joint space missions with Russia and hey what's wrong with you people in Froggy Bottom.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Proportionate to the offense." I hate the way that sounds. If someone has the balls to step up, I want the response to be disproportionate to teach the offender that the original action was a bad idea.

As long as you're consistent, in what you want, fine. Being a state sponsor of terrorism should be a bad idea, for which we should pay a pallet of cash. Because that's stepping up.

Personally, I think I'd like the US either to **** or get off the pot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes. I think GPIA is just hammering home to true believers, that the president is making excuses for Iran. Where as Obama had the Apology Tour, Trump has been breaking his neck to outdo him with a Nihilism Tour.

I have no idea what Trump meant. We can infer from other statements that he can't possibly believe that Iran accidentally shot the drone down. It's apparent that Trump doesn't want to retaliate militarily now, that he's undecided on what to do. That's about the best conclusion of intent that is apparent enough to say. If we're talking about what Trump should do, I think he should **** or get off the pot.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    :D If anyone wants to see familiar faces talking out of the other side of their ... avatar, go back and read the first couple of hundred posts in this thread (which pre-date the trump era). Its got everything, including Democrats saying 47 Republican senators sending a pre-deal letter to Iran stating the treaty will require a senate vote are committing treason and being supported by a few on INGO

I guess it really does matter if its your guy in the WH, point conceded
    Always has always will. Nothing new there

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Did the president just tell the world that blowing people up just because their country's leadership doesn't want to do what your country's bankers say is not how we should do business? No?

So less see then...
    Did the president just say he doesn't want to have a globalists' wet dream major maybe even world war over ( fill in the blank ).
    Or did the president just tell AIPAC we're not gonna blow up Iran just because Bebe can't get a majority in the Knesset.

There's a whole lot at play right now and POX and CaNNed aren't gonna do anything but spin.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Once this interchange starts, it will be hard to stop. Many lives will be lost over a drone. Benefit of the doubt should be applauded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Senior congressional Democrat, Maxine Waters, openly parroting propaganda from an enemy terror state.

Maxine Waters said:
    Trump, you get no credit for so-called stopping the strike against Iran. Why was the unmanned drone in Iran's airspace? Why the surveillance? Don't provoke and then pretend innocence.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Senior congressional Democrat, Maxine Waters, openly parroting propaganda from an enemy terror state.
    You get what you vote for. Unfortunately the rest of us have to deal with it. Hopefully this one isn't on any "intelligence" committees, having none whatsoever seems like a dis-qualifier.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

She get a a pass because she's an idiot. What do we call it when the president does it? ...or do we simple call him an idiot too?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Read over the weekend that we cyber-attacked Iran instead of blowing stuff up. I'm cool with that.

Difficult to tell how accurate or effective that kind of things is. Those ops are even more secretive than the traditional wet work.

Assuming its true, though, that seems more proportional for the loss of unmanned tech.

Top Bottom