• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    From what I saw today with my truck there is no way on earth I wanted anything to do with this.
    10 years ago maybe.

Did you get the A/C Delco factory kit or did you build/bend yours.
    Yeah I didn’t want to attempt it at all. But I sucked it up, laid on my back on the concrete and got it done. Took me all day. I used every cuss word I’ve learned and even created a few new ones. But it don’t done.

I went right tk Napa, they had a Dorman stainless full kit for like $180 if I recall. Fit fine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I didn’t want to attempt it at all. But I sucked it up, laid on my back on the concrete and got it done. Took me all day. I used every cuss word I’ve learned and even created a few new ones. But it don’t done.

I went right tk Napa, they had a Dorman stainless full kit for like $180 if I recall. Fit fine.

From what I saw there was no way I could get into the anti-loc controller where it was located.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Ahhhhhhhh
    Found a 9 inch 28 spline 3.25 traction lock hogs head fresh rebuild for $300
    Ahhhhhhhh
    It was sold when I called
    I am gonna go cry now!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    So I stop at one of my go to LGS yesterday for the standard abuse.
    When I walk back to my truck I see a puddle of fluid even with the drivers seat.
    Stoop down, frame is wet, fluid is brake fluid. There is a bundle of lines that are rusted to hell. :(
    Pop hood, master is near empty. Off to the house. Crawl under and the anti-lock body is inside the frame tucked in tight. No way in hell I am getting into it. Call my guys at Marwood tire. Drop it off this A.M. and find every freaking line on the truck is rusted out. :poop:

So AC Delco makes a factory replacement line kit. All pre-bent bolt on lines for an 04 GMC. Who does that. Find out it is all to common on them.
    It is sitting on stands with the cab and the bed lifted off so they can get to the anti-locks and run the new lines. Should be done late today 1st thing tomorrow.
    I will be $900 lighter in the Wallet.

sure glad for you it let go parked......would have been one hell of a ride when you needed them......very lucky.....

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That sucks CM. Replacing brake lines can be a serious pita. Never would have imagined there was a kit with pre bent lines available.

I spent a good part of the late afternoon fixing a vacuum leak on my moms car (in the driveway). I about froze with the wind luck I didn't get pneumonia lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sucks CM. Replacing brake lines can be a serious pita. Never would have imagined there was a kit with pre bent lines available.

I spent a good part of the late afternoon fixing a vacuum leak on my moms car (in the driveway). I about froze with the wind luck I didn't get pneumonia lol

Another reason I was not interested in laying under the truck outside.
    Indoors in a heated facility with a lift maybe.
    2nd thought....Nah. Doing an entire system with ani-loc is a serious pain in the behind.
    And the bleeders on the front calipers broke off. Both of them. New front calipers.

This puts a halt on the next parts order for the 64 and definitely will not have all my parts by Christmas now.....:(

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Hey guys, I figured I'd put this out to some car folks. I have some new 2017 Mustang tires and rims in the classified section, any help selling them would be appreciated and I'd give a sellers fee of 30.00-60.00 depending on what they sell for.

Churchmouse if this post isn't proper please delete and my apologies...Thanks Pat

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ahhhhhhhh
    Found a 9 inch 28 spline 3.25 traction lock hogs head fresh rebuild for $300
    Ahhhhhhhh
    It was sold when I called
    I am gonna go cry now!

Probably would have ended up like Murphys "fresh rebuild" anyway

That was my thought, hopefully whoever ended up with it got a good deal and not the shaft. I'm not sure how much "rebuilding" you can do for $300.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom