• DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    From yesterday:

HelloShooters,
    West Side Sportsman's Club host our monthly IDPA Match on Saturday, January 9th.Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter orientation at 10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM.WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am.

We have 8 Courses of Fire, with the round count about 100. The cost will be$15.00 per weapon.

http://www.westsidesportsmen.com/images/PDF-IDPA/Jan2016stages.pdf

Feel free to contact me or go to the IDPA website for the rules.
    http://www.idpa.com/

WSSC is hosting an IDPA Safety Officer Certification Class on March 19th 8:00amto 3:00pm. We will shoot 2 courses of fire in the afternoon. If you'reinterested contact myself or Jim Woodard
    jandrw@jimandruby.comfor more information.

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs.

I hope to see everyone Saturday.

Thanks,
    Jay L. Hile

I spoke with Jay and we will visit the range on Friday evening and make a judgement call from there on the match. Everybody at WSSC wants to have the match so keep your finger's crossed. I'll try to post something here and on Facebook about the status of the match as we go along.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well it is official and it sucks but after looking at everything together with the field conditions and the weather forecast th decision was made to call it off tomorrow. It wasn't easy, we are ready to shoot!!!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Ok, thanks for the call the night before and not letting us drive out there only to see it's been cancelled, not that that's ever happened to us or anything ;)

LOL Man we were talking about just that when we were deciding on the right course of action. That was the last thing we'd want! And yeah, that's NEVER happened before :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    LOL Man we were talking about just that when we were deciding on the right course of action. That was the last thing we'd want! And yeah, that's NEVER happened before :D

I think you can expect it to keep happening at RB, if things look iffy we go to the range at set up time anyway and make the call when we can know for sure. If they look just plain bad, that is an easy call that you can make ahead of time.

Unfortunately, probably the only safe thing to do, if you have a long drive and would suffer butt hurt if a match is cancelled or has to be cut short, is to decide for yourself.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think you can expect it to keep happening at RB, if things look iffy we go to the range at set up time anyway and make the call when we can know for sure. If they look just plain bad, that is an easy call that you can make ahead of time.

Unfortunately, probably the only safe thing to do, if you have a long drive and would suffer butt hurt if a match is cancelled or has to be cut short, is to decide for yourself.

There is no good answer or way to do it. If each facility had the ability to set up and leave it up no matter what happened on that day and then be able to reschedule it'd be a lot easier to handle. I think our communication is WAY better now than in the past. The last time I remember it happening was years ago before people really relied on INGO or Facebook to get the word out.

I hate being in that position of having to make the call on whether or not to hold the match. I keep checking the radar and it looks like everything has slowed down or turned North so you always end up with a good probability of egg on your face when you make a call. Make the call too early and things can change and it makes it hard to reverse....make the call to late and people are half way to the range and then you can't communicate directly to each shooter to let them know the status of the match.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Anybody want to go in on some hoity toity bullets (http://montanagoldbullet.com/index.php/9mm-124gr-cmj.html) , shipping and tax should be $0.00 ? Interested to see if I can make them fly any straighter than coated lead.

Price gets better and I could go for a bunch if there was enough interest for a case of 3750, but 200 ought to give me what I want for testing so if there is any interest then things should happen one way or another.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Anybody want to go in on some hoity toity bullets (9mm/124gr CMJ -1,000ct) , shipping and tax should be $0.00 ? Interested to see if I can make them fly any straighter than coated lead.

Price gets better and I could go for a bunch if there was enough interest for a case of 3750, but 200 ought to give me what I want for testing so if there is any interest then things should happen one way or another.

Have you looked at Everglades Ammo and see what they have for Montana Gold?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    OUCH!!!! with everybody being out of stock on 147 I bit the bullet, no pun intended, and went with X-treme. They are higher on their plated than Everglades but have daily deals and also free shipping for first time buyers. Good bullets.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What has everybody been doing for a week? we are running a real risk of having this go to the 2nd page!!!

At any rate, since we were speaking of bullets, it looks like X-Treme is running a 5% off Shot Show special on their bullets online.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Nice. So many people on facebook are saying they are watching the Star Wars movies and I'm like, "which one?" and they are like "Oh, Episode III!" and I'm like... "That ain't Star Wars..."

I won't allow Episode II or III in the house and if anything happens to Episode I DVD it may not be allowed back in the house ever again LOL it gets a partial pass due to Darth Maul

Top Bottom