• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    To all
    Here are the stages for the IDPA match at Westside Sportsman's Club. It is a public event and anyone who doesn't want to be a victim is welcome. Our theme this month is Self Defense Situations in Today's America. If you are up to the challenge you will experience a shooting at the Planned Parenthood office, Armed terrorists invading your Christmas party, a Rumble between two rival biker gangs, and terrorist interrupting a concert. As the "Good Guy with a gun" will you be a "Survivor or Statistic?

Signup at 10 Am Saturday the 12th. If you want to help be there at 8. New shooters get briefed at 10:30 and the action starts at 11.

I hope to see you there!

http://www.westsidesportsmen.com/images/PDF-IDPA/Dec2015Stages.pdf

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What a match yesterday! 72 degrees in December!!! Whoda thunkit? Lots of new faces too and we hope to see them back again! And maybe even visiting ingo here to keep up with the goings on!

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    To All

What a great day it was to shoot Saturday. Forty-one shooters took on the challenge of coping with a variety of threats right out of the daily news.

To see scores or stages check out this link. We put the stages up 3-10 days prior to the match.

Westside Sportsmans Club - PAS and IDPA Results

Thanks to all who came out to set up and more thanks to all who stayed to tear down.

Division Winners were:
    CDP Don O’Bradovich
    ESP Brad Eadens
    SSP Mike Basden
    CCP Jim Trockman

Just a note: If you see your accuracy numbers in the range of these folks but don’t see your name, per IDPA rules accuracy winners have the fewest points down and no Hits on a Non Threat.

1 Brad Eadens 126.30 28 ESP/Master
    2 Jim Trockman 304.16 41 CCP/Novice
    3 Jackson McGuire 237.62 43 SSP/Unclassified
    4 Jeff Jones 158.37 46 ESP/Sharpshooter
    5 Kevin Farrar 177.07 47 ESP/Sharpshooter
    6 Nick Helfert 171.82 54 SSP/Unclassified
    7 Don O'Bradovich 170.56 57 CDP/Expert
    8 Mark Haymond 181.54 60 SSP/Expert
    9 Jay Hile 206.22 70 SSP/Sharpshooter
    10 Doug Klueh 194.82 76 SSP/Marksman

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    how have we managed to go for a week without a post? Was Santa too good? or just not good enough? Hopefully weather cooperates and we can get in a shoot this coming Saturday...feels like forever since our last match!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I don't have say so from he who must be obeyed but I am thinking something like this for bay 2 https://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/03-11.pdf
    Would make 6 independent targets, instead of 3 grouped on 1 stand (last longer and less of a pita to score) , and would use some hard cover instead of all no shoots to restrict scoring area.

For what it is worth.

If you can run a kindle you will be even more appreciated than normal.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't have say so from he who must be obeyed but I am thinking something like this for bay 2 https://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/03-11.pdf
    Would make 6 independent targets, instead of 3 grouped on 1 stand (last longer and less of a pita to score) , and would use some hard cover instead of all no shoots to restrict scoring area.

For what it is worth.

If you can run a kindle you will be even more appreciated than normal.

I'm digging the stage!

never ran a kindle before I'm more of an iPad person :D

joncor2577

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    One benefit of the kindle is you can use gloves that work with touchscreens and leave them on during the cooler months. (If you are a nerd and have those type of gloves.) Should be interesting match or two for everyone to learn what to do. How about you do another "running target" stage Grebler?:ar15:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm thinking we do an 18 target morphing werewolf next time (man-dog-man-dog lather rinse repeat) but no ftn penalties.

Would work good at the lake bay when the ground is not too sloppy to hike to targets for scoring.

I like it! The 'No FTN part' not the 'hiking through mountains of mud part'

hopefully we can dry out before Saturday...I had some guy sell me this pistol that he SWEARS will make me a Master Class shooter or I get my money back so I'm anxious to try it out. LD

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    So I installed Practiscore on my Kindle and have been getting familiar with it so I can be appreciated. :) And all I can say is sweet!!

If we can keep the kindles out of the mountains of mud and prevent them from getting ran over by the hordes of red and blue wagons, without a doubt, this has to make the masters of the matches job much more palatable.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So I installed Practiscore on my Kindle and have been getting familiar with it so I can be appreciated. :) And all I can say is sweet!!

And you will be!!

Sign up will require more time because the shooters pedigree has to be entered, at least the very first time, and squadding will be by paper in the room rather than by lining up behind some one. That stuff works well at other places though so it should not cause problems. Adding shooters that show up late is more of a nuisance, doable though.

You do get spoiled when everything works according to plan and the scores are posted before you get home from the match.

I intend to, but haven't, make a cheat sheet for the oddball things - moving a stage score if the wrong shooters name was chosen - deleting a broken target from a stage - moving a shooter to a different squad - that kind of stuff.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

If we can keep the kindles out of the mountains of mud and prevent them from getting ran over by the hordes of red and blue wagons, without a doubt, this has to make the masters of the matches job much more palatable.

Being appreciated is something to be appreciated! Not everyone is appreciated and not everybody can appreciate those that aren't always appreciated so I tend to really appreciate when I'm appreciated!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    From their Facebook page, looks like it is on!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. We will hold our January match this Saturday, Jan 2. Setup starts at 7, registration at 8, new shooter meeting at 9:30 & match begins at 10. 6 stages &approximately 100 rounds. Match fee is $15 (setup crew is $5). Exact change is appreciated. We will be utilizing our electronic scoring this weekend. If you can register before 9, that would be helpful. See you Saturday.

Top Bottom