• ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hello Shooters,
    West Side Sportsman's Club host our monthly IDPA Match on Saturday, February 13th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter orientation at 10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM. WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am.

We have 5 Courses of Fire, with the minimum round count about 140. Some COFs multiple high round count string so bring your magazines. The cost will be $15.00 per weapon.

Westside Sportsmans Club - PAS and IDPA Results

Feel free to contact me or go to the IDPA website for the rules. IDPA - Welcome!

WSSC is hosting an IDPA Safety Officer Certification Class on March 19th 8:00am to 5:00pm. We will shoot 2 courses of fire in the afternoon. This class is free of charge and we provide a lunch. Anyone that has had an IDPA membership for at least six months is eligible for the class. An on-line per-qualification test is required, Jim and I can help you with this test. We need to have your reservation and IDPA number by February 14th. If you're interested contact myself or Jim Woodard jandrw@jimandruby.com for more information.

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs.

I hope to see everyone Saturday.

Thanks,
    Jay L. Hile

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What a day Saturday was! Sunshine and good times LOL I think we actually had a higher number of shooters than the temperature reached outside! if you guys missed the match you missed a fun one! Any time the average Points Down is about 165 you know it was a good time LOL

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well since nobody else is on here and going to talk about it, I'll talk about it!

I did some number crunching:
    136 rounds
    4 Bays
    5 COF with 11 strings of fire (only 1 COF had a single string)
    3557 total points down over 21 competitors
    169 points down average
    19 PE penalties
    13 Hits on a Non-Threat

and thanks to Brent I have a new name for Stage 1: FTS *unrepeatable* This Stage!!! :D LOL I know I'm biased because i was the MD but that was epic and I had a hell of a good time despite having 2 of my own creations completely break my back while on the firing line!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I'd really like to trade my score in... I think I could take any two other total scores, add them together, and still have a better time than my real one.

I actually didn't mind the stages, I just wish I could have shot them in weather that was about 25 degrees warmer and with a gun I've actually shot more than once within the last 2 years.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'd really like to trade my score in... I think I could take any two other total scores, add them together, and still have a better time than my real one.

I actually didn't mind the stages, I just wish I could have shot them in weather that was about 25 degrees warmer and with a gun I've actually shot more than once within the last 2 years.

Stage 1 was a monster beast to say the least! LOL

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm liking the forecast.
    Classifier and something 2 gun going on at the house is the rumor I heard.

The applications for the 2016 Illinois State championship have been forwarded by a thoughtful west side person. They are doing it noon to 5 ish Saturday and then 8 till finished Sunday, probably cuts me out as it worked out better for me to just get it done in 1 day.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I'm liking the forecast.
    Classifier and something 2 gun going on at the house is the rumor I heard.

The applications for the 2016 Illinois State championship have been forwarded by a thoughtful west side person. They are doing it noon to 5 ish Saturday and then 8 till finished Sunday, probably cuts me out as it worked out better for me to just get it done in 1 day.

Is classifier this month? I thought it was in january...

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    So how many had the Classification result they were hoping for? I missed classing up by .07 sec LOL Maybe I should sandbag in CDP for the next Major? :D

had a goal to move up to SSP EX this year but did not expect it to happen this weekend. I'll take it but will get kicked in the teeth at the majors

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Great job Don! and I STILL can't believe you aren't an EX in ESP, Jeff...I think you are just sandbagging for some major matches this year! I was sort of toying with the idea of running some more CDP this year since I have a nice stock of 9mm bullets, primers and powder and an overabundance of stuff for .45 ACP except bullets. Thought maybe I'd run CDP starting now to save my normal stuff and maybe even try a run at Illinois as CDP. I had a lot of fun shooting my old G21 but as much fun as that was I sure did miss my Glock 34...jury is still out as far as actually doing the CDP run just for fun...but man is it cheaper to run 9mm in SSP LOL

Top Bottom