Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The cuckoo clock seems to be keeping good time now... took me a couple of days to get the pendulum speed right.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    [h=2]Who Posted?[/h]

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    When your in sales, it is a PITA to try to predict sales numbers...All you can do is guess approx how much product each customer will need each month.

I put the numbers in, but it's a complete WAG.......

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    When your in sales, it is a PITA to try to predict sales numbers...All you can do is guess approx how much product each customer will need each month.

I put the numbers in, but it's a complete WAG.......

Just like when you are a testing company trying to estimate how much a job will cost. Will they dig the footings in 3 days or 2 weeks? Could go either way depending on the company...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    We are different from other plastic lumber companies. First we are way cheaper than others, but mainly we have built up a large amount of stock for 2017. We can ship most orders in 48 hours. The other guys take 3-5 weeks to ship because the don't stock anything, everything is produced when they get a PO....Should be a good year. The opening order for my BIG customer is going to be over a million pounds....:faint:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    We are different from other plastic lumber companies. First we are way cheaper than others, but mainly we have built up a large amount of stock for 2017. We can ship most orders in 48 hours. The other guys take 3-5 weeks to ship because the don't stock anything, everything is produced when they get a PO....Should be a good year. The opening order for my BIG customer is going to be over a million pounds....:faint:

A million pounds, you say???

[video=youtube;eOSeOieLh7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOSeOieLh7s[/video]

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yep, I know exactly what your talking about....

We show up when you call us. How many times you call us determines how much we invoice you for the job. People don't understand that. They want us to put a number on it, then call us twice as much as we estimated and still charge the estimated amount. That's not how this works...:nono:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nice. Congrats. Sounds like job security right there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    some of the stuff I need corporate goal numbers. but they havent released them yet... so how do i do this...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom