mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Since I seem to be a slacker lately with my post count, may as well post a picture of the roadway play mat....tadah....almost the length of the couch so should be big enough for two little guys to share without being too crowded.

DSC_7002.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Is it bad that I was given a big can of Planters mixed nuts, and all I am doing is picking the cashews out???

Hubby bought a can of cashews the other day. It is labeled cashews but it has almonds in it too. I told him to call the 800# on the can and tell them he can't have almonds in his cashews cause he is allergic to nuts. He has no sense of humor...none...nada...zipppooooo

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hubby bought a can of cashews the other day. It is labeled cashews but it has almonds in it too. I told him to call the 800# on the can and tell them he can't have almonds in his cashews cause he is allergic to nuts. He has no sense of humor...none...nada...zipppooooo
    Might have gotten a coupon for a free can besides...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

I would have called...Prob get a coupon for a couple of free cans.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hi Snap.

What are you working on now? I finished the play mat and it was delivered the other day. The boys are happily zooming their little cars and trucks around on it. My niece shared this as the discussion she and the 3-year-old had when she gave it to him.

Me: Clay look what came for you and Leon to share!
    Clay: Neat! Squares blanket!

M: No, what are they?
    C: Green squares and yellow lines!
    M: Go get a car and bring it here
    C: [sets car on the grey part. eyes light up] It's a road blanket! I love the road blanket!

Love the play mat, Mom.

Oops, real work got in the way of my INGOing. I'm still working on my temperature blanket, a scarf for my mom out of a boucle that is so hard to work with that I only do a few rows per day, and baby hats for the L&D floor at the hospital.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I told him the same thing about the free coupon. He must be a rich ***** cause he said he wasn't a free loader and didn't need a coupon.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I really should be house cleaning...I was gone all week and the wife trashed the house.

Already tackled the kitchen, upstairs bath and TV room next.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Love the play mat, Mom.

Oops, real work got in the way of my INGOing. I'm still working on my temperature blanket, a scarf for my mom out of a boucle that is so hard to work with that I only do a few rows per day, and baby hats for the L&D floor at the hospital.

I forgot you were doing the temp blanket. I have too many other things on my list to do one of those...maybe at some point in the future. I am pretty sure I saw the hats. I love doing stuff like that. Makes me feel good.

The boucle is something I try to only use on borders unless the pattern is one where I can go between the stitches rather than into them. I took apart a cowl out of the homespun that one of the ladies at the neighbor's apartments wanted redone. It was too bulky and she wanted it to be a long scarf. I did a v-stitch and had it done in one evening of tv watching. She was shocked when it was hanging on her doorknob the next morning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom