• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    ...but very few can tell you why they feel that way beyond stumbling through the same tires lines this essay addressed. ;)

They are tired reasons, because they ARE the reasons/advantages of CC. They also have the same tired refutes given by OC'ers. Works both ways :).

M4C is the one forum where you will not get any misinformation, bc it isn't tolerated there. The amount of professionals like Dr. Roberts, larry vickers, randy lee, pat mac, jason falla, etc etc is unprecidented, I'll be the first to admit that I do FAR more reading than posting there, and I highly recommend it to anyone.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    They are tired reasons, because they ARE the reasons/advantages of CC. They also have the same tired refutes given by OC'ers. Works both ways :).

But I haven't seen you address any of these "tired" refutations except to suggest that the remote infrequency of attempted gun grabs is a poor reason to treat the possibility with anything less than the same full weight of much more likely and possibly deadlier confrontations. :dunno:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Actually, in all honesty, I have several holsters for whatever I perceive my SA level at and what/where I'm going that day. Mostly I CC, but if my shirt exposes it so be it. I'm more concerned with a guy that has a gun with no holster vs guy with nice gun in a nice holster. Crooks generally don't put too much thought into it. But I know from experience that if you oc your gun and carry yourself in a professional manner and posture, people generally don't care. I've been asked a ton of times if I was a cop, even with long hair and a beard, all because my posturing.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    But I haven't seen you address any of these "tired" refutations except to suggest that the remote infrequency of attempted gun grabs is a poor reason to treat the possibility with anything less than the same full weight of much more likely and possibly deadlier confrontations. :dunno:

LIKE I SAID...it's up to everyone to decide what is best for their situation. I (me, personally, myself, no one else, not you) prefer to CC.

Not that I need to justify my reasons to you, but:

1.) I spend a lot of time within arms length of people, so I don't want to take the chance. YOU call it remote, but it happens and in my belief, will happen more frequently as society declines in moral values and grows in boldness. Like I said, being robbed is an unlikely event, but I still prepare. I don't care what you or joe blow who wrote that article thinks about how often this or that happens. If I lived in a rural area, I might OC more.

2.) On a weekly basis, I make 2-3 deposits in the tens of thousands, I like to be as discreet as possible when going into a bank and to and from the car. You can speculate all you want about if I'd be the top threat in a situation where 3 armed guys come into a bank, and I have my gun out in plain sight. Bottom line is that I would be. Why should I risk whether or not they'd shoot on sight or try to steal my firearm. You place a whole lot of assumption on how those criminals will react, I'm not willing to do that. You also give criminals too much credit by thinking they will pass you over, they may or may not...but again, I'm not placing my faith in them, or what you think they will do.

Or if someone walks into my office with a gun (which happens often throughout the world) demanding money, I don't want him to know I have a gun...until I want him to know I have a gun.

3.) I have a family. I do not wish to draw uncessary attention to myself, or especially to them by OCing. Thugs look for fast cash, and it feels like I'm carrying $700 on my waist for everyone to see. If I was a thug and felt I could get a jump on an OC'er, that's easy money, especially if I'm with 2-3 friends. You think a thug is good at turning down temptation? You can be as situationally aware as possible, but you can't guard against everything all the time, period.

Are those reasons good enough for me to cc?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Are those reasons good enough for me to cc?

Of course. Good reasons are not required, you don't need to justify or give any reasons you prefer concealment. I support your choice to carry as you see fit.

I just figured if you brought your reasons up in an argument thread it was to try your hand at supporting them.

When you didn't attempt to support the reasons already addressed in this thread, I asked some questions to generate more discussion. I enjoy that.

I'm not trying to convince you differently or sway your preference.

We can continue if you like, or not. :ingo:

ETA: I checked out M4C.net on the subject of open carry. So much groupthink - looks like I have my work cut out for me. :D

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I don't need to look at M4C at all to know that I don't care what they think of OC, 1) they are a rifle forum, that's like going to a truck forum to discuss VW Beetles. 2) I don't care how they carry, use bread ties for all I care, someone here mentioned rubber banding a revolver to their pants, go for it. My GF carries small of back with no holster and her thong showing half the time. 3) I don't need anybody telling me how to carry, I know what is comfortable.

Yea I know worthless without pics I will get some next time.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    My GF carries small of back with no holster and her thong showing half the time.

Yea I know worthless without pics I will get some next time.

I'm just here to help. :)

Glock_Open_Carry.JPG

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    Is it me or does it seem like less people OC now than in the past?
    When I was a kid (46years old now) I saw many people OC. Not everybody but quite a lot more than I do now.
    I can't remember the last time I personally saw any non leo OC in public. With the exception myself and at gun stores.
    I know a lot of people here OC I just never see it anymore.
    Btw I have lived in St. joesph co my whole life. I realize some areas of the state are more open to OC than here.

This is based only on my own observations and nothing else.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Is it me or does it seem like less people OC now than in the past?
    When I was a kid (46years old now) I saw many people OC. Not everybody but quite a lot more than I do now.
    I can't remember the last time I personally saw any non leo OC in public. With the exception myself and at gun stores.
    I know a lot of people here OC I just never see it anymore.
    Btw I have lived in St. joesph co my whole life. I realize some areas of the state are more open to OC than here.

This is based only on my own observations and nothing else.

If you voted at the fire station you would have probably seen Clay Edinger OC there and be denied his right to vote. Join in the discussion here and here on facebook.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Got some pretty funny looks and head shakes in Wabash this evening. Old(er) couple at Hardees, and from a couple employees at the sports store there that's beside the pet store (JK?)

Also disappointed to see rifle ammo out, and handgun ammo locked up.

dk598

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    I saw a guy OCing at the Indianapolis Zoo last summer. He was in his early 20s with a couple of kids. I have to admit, it was strange to see him there OCing in that environment. Anyway, he got a lot of strange looks from lots of upset parents there.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I saw a guy OCing at the Indianapolis Zoo last summer. He was in his early 20s with a couple of kids. I have to admit, it was strange to see him there OCing in that environment. Anyway, he got a lot of strange looks from lots of upset parents there.

Maybe he was an off duty police officer. :dunno:

They would most likely ask anyone else to take it to their car and follow their no weapons rule.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't need to look at M4C at all to know that I don't care what they think of OC, 1) they are a rifle forum, that's like going to a truck forum to discuss VW Beetles. 2) I don't care how they carry, use bread ties for all I care, someone here mentioned rubber banding a revolver to their pants, go for it. My GF carries small of back with no holster and her thong showing half the time. 3) I don't need anybody telling me how to carry, I know what is comfortable.

Yikes...you re-read that before you hit submit?

M4c is a rifle forum is it? oh my bad.

Carrying with the trigger unprotected is an acceptable idea for sure :rockwoot:

Comfort > Saftey for sure

(Not really...to any of that)

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Yikes...you re-read that before you hit submit?

M4c is a rifle forum is it? oh my bad.

M4Carbine.net and you want to question whether i care about their thoughts on handguns. I dont.

Carrying with the trigger unprotected is an acceptable idea for sure :rockwoot:

If that is how YOU CHOOSE to carry go for it once again i dont care.

Comfort > Saftey for sure

Comfort over safety? I never said any such thing. I have a holster for CC and OC both protect the trigger. I dont care which method you CHOOSE just dont berate me for how i carry.

(Not really...to any of that)

Once again i don't care how you carry.

Top Bottom