• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Not that wrong. It it ever does happen, it certainly wont be in our lifetimes, and society would have to change a great deal.

I agree it is just a matter of timing. The question I have to ask myself is do I fight the fight now, or leave it to my kids and grand kids? Not much of a choice really.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I wonder if the colonists were having the same discussions in the weeks prior to the British marching on Lexington and Concord?

reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Interesting article that is well written. Not sure that this will happen in our lifetime-however, if Diane Feinstein had her way it would happen tomorrow. The only thing not discussed is armed resistance. Now, I know that many think that they would actively resist, but think that that is more of a minority than a majority. However, there are more than one way to skin a cat.:ar15::ar15:

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Say they did come after our guns. You really think people who have upwards of 10K in AR's or NFA are going to simply turn them over?

There will be blood and lots of it if they attempt a disarm

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Merry Christmas to all and peace on earth.

Then where has this country gone? I for one have sold all of my assault rifles. They are for the dumb & unskilled and government can have them, I do not need them. Then, we need to come together before things are pulled apart. Focus on peaceful revolts of elections not this craziness of Red Dawn/Mad Max worlds. Finally, what was described by the OP is like any other successful gun ban, but leaves out the rule of law and to key points. Jury of my peers and conscious objection. I can only hope if I ever stand trial, that my peer would strike down poor laws.

stlaser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Merry Christmas to you too. I'm glad you sold all those evil guns so maybe they can get into the hands of a responsible person who knows that these elections are currently BS.

Oh wait my tin foil hat is on again you say? Let me give you an analogy to think about. In the philly wards approx 22,000 votes where crack whores out number college educated 2 to 1. All were able to punch the ticket for that guy again. You mean to tell me not one of them accidentally pushed the wrong button? What? They all showed up and weren't high on their crack that day, clear thinking and all? OK, I might buy that. Except in FL where the retired educated out number the crack whores 10 to 1 and they can't push the right button 25% of the time.

Just one last thing, do you think those elections Saddam Hussein had all those years were not rigged? Really? You aren't that gullible are you?

Whatever, you just keep writing those letters and thank you from the bottom of my heart that you sold those evil black guns to someone else. Again, merry Christmas.

Then where has this country gone? I for one have sold all of my assault rifles. They are for the dumb & unskilled and government can have them, I do not need them. Then, we need to come together before things are pulled apart. Focus on peaceful revolts of elections not this craziness of Red Dawn/Mad Max worlds. Finally, what was described by the OP is like any other successful gun ban, but leaves out the rule of law and to key points. Jury of my peers and conscious objection. I can only hope if I ever stand trial, that my peer would strike down poor laws.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    One of my Iraqi interpreters told me one time- " Bob, we don't think in days/ weeks/ months, we think in generations". This scenario is possible. Look to the differences just in todays society. WWII- til now. Look how the goverment treated the Native Americans throughout history. Those who fail to learn from history are bound to repeat it ( Some REALLY smart guy said something like that).

Bob

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't think they will go as far as search warrants. All they need to do is make possession illegal with a mandatory 1 or 2 year jail sentence if found with one. That will render them useless for most since using one for self defense would put you in as much, if not more jeopardy than the criminal you used it against. The sheep of this country would grumble, but they would turn in the weapons to keep from getting caught with one. If this country did it like they do in England, they would throw little old ladies in jail for finding their fathers handgun in a trunk in the attic and immediately turning it in. If it were after the grace period, they would be jailed right along with anyone else found with a gun.

Sadly, I think that tactic would work quite well in removing guns from law abiding citizens hands. It would do nothing for criminals except make them more powerful and give them a safe environment to work in. The govt could do this with the stroke of a pen at very little cost to themselves.

old timer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    1935 will go down in history! For the first time, A civilized country has full gun registration!! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future------Adolph Hitler

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County

We live in a country that just re-elected Obama. I didn't think that would be possible after his first 4 years. However, elections are no longer won or lost based on a candidate's record. There are far too many votes among the sheeple who want the government to give them handouts to ever again elect a republican president. It just isn't going to happen again in my lifetime. As a result, our rights and our freedom are being taken away from us one at a time. It is a slow death and there is nothing we can do about it at the ballot box that will matter. Those who believe their vote can make a difference, or preserve their constitutional rights, have drank way to much koolade.

It's over folks. Like a chess game there are only so many moves left and options are limited. No matter how well intentioned the fight, the outcome is certain. Our 2nd amendment rights will go the way of England and Australia. People will talk tough on a internet forum, but when it comes down to actually taking a stand like our forefathers did, they will give up their guns when met with force because Americans are spoiled. We have had it too good for too long and don't know what it's like to live under tyranny and therefore we no longer really value our rights like we should. Many of you may not like what I say, but this is how I feel when I see the direction our country is headed and I see the majority are just fine with it as long as they get their obama phone or obama money.

Last edited:

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    Say they did come after our guns. You really think people who have upwards of 10K in AR's or NFA are going to simply turn them over?

There will be blood and lots of it if they attempt a disarm

I'll take another step outside the box and continue with the IRS angle. Using the tax code, the .gov will go with a "kinder and gentler" form of disarmament to go along with a new AWB. They'll call it voluntary disarmament whereby you turn in weapons and magazines on their hit list to your local law enforcement office. Your local PD will in turn fill out a form sort of like a reverse 4473 which will entitle you to some sort of a tax rebate or a deduction based on the relative value of the gun. You claim the rebate and keep your copy for your tax records while the local PD sends the original copy to the BATF. It's just a glorified buy-back but based on what your loss would be.

I can see it now; Let's say that 100,000 weapons and magazines are turned in. The Obama administration will hail the program as a smashing success that has brought safety to all Americans :rolleyes:. Furthermore, they'll say something along the lines that as many as 3 million rounds of ammo will never be fired (100K @ 30 rounds) blah blah blah thanks to the program. Getting their money back will cause a lot of safe queen AR owners to hand em over willingly. If they get the numbers they think are impressive enough, they wouldn't go after forced confiscation and the resulting political suicide that would follow.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    Merry Christmas to you too. I'm glad you sold all those evil guns so maybe they can get into the hands of a responsible person who knows that these elections are currently BS.

Oh wait my tin foil hat is on again you say? Let me give you an analogy to think about. In the philly wards approx 22,000 votes where crack whores out number college educated 2 to 1. All were able to punch the ticket for that guy again. You mean to tell me not one of them accidentally pushed the wrong button? What? They all showed up and weren't high on their crack that day, clear thinking and all? OK, I might buy that. Except in FL where the retired educated out number the crack whores 10 to 1 and they can't push the right button 25% of the time.

Just one last thing, do you think those elections Saddam Hussein had all those years were not rigged? Really? You aren't that gullible are you?

Whatever, you just keep writing those letters and thank you from the bottom of my heart that you sold those evil black guns to someone else. Again, merry Christmas.

We have more laws in this country that protect the way in which we operate slot machines than we do voting machines... Electoral college needs to also go away....

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Ok you lost me at the president will sign the bill even though it cuts his own throat for re-election....Obama can't run again......anyway this pretty much what happened in Australia. They banned guns and you had to turn them in with in a certain time. Gun owners lost thousands of invested dollars....anyone after that caught was a felony. Liberals probably have siezed power for the final time in America, hope I'm wrong. If the government comes after guns, they will do one house at a time here and there, numbers agaisnt the single gun owner....those yelling they never will surrender their arms the loudest will be the first to cave when they hear a knock on the door.....then they will yell at others that they should stand up and fight.....

Top Bottom