• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    While I don't believe everything happening as written I would like to add an additional argument to the IRS angle.
    If you say you sold the gun already then the IRS will being asking: To who? When and also "did you report the income on your taxes?"
    Now they would have another angle to go after you. Think of the pentalties they can add because you did not pay your taxes on a item.

You sold it for what you paid. No gains to tax. Originally purchased with income that's already been taxed.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Lets not forget there are plenty of criminals out there that break the law everyday or all the time who HAVENT been caught yet. So according to paper they are law abiding but are completely opposite. There are plenty of organizations out there that get downright nasty especially if you group around 100 of them together. Its a recipe for disaster if they attempt a disarm.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As things are going, I can see something like this evolving over time. If you think about, it has been for most of the 20th century. It has only been in the last 20 years +/- we have had a rare period of time where the tide has receded. Maybe it's just the tenor of the debate of the last week or so, but my faith that we have reached a tipping point in favor of gun owners is shaken. There is no doubt in my mind that if some far reaching legislation had been on the table last week, it would have likely been enacted.

As others have said, a they can do some simple legislation that will get many people to voluntarily or effectively disarm themselves. Not mentioned is they could offer rewards to those that turn in owners that keep their guns. We all know of friends, neighbors. and relatives that would gladly drop dime on you--either for their piece of mind, jealousy, or simply for the money.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I didn't bother reading every paragraph of the drivel, mainly because the govt. can't find all of the illegal cocaine, heroin, immigrants, prostitutes, pot , etc.
    So how are they going to find all of the guns.
    Can you imagine the work force they would have to hire to knock on every door of every person who ever filled out a 4473.

The government cant find what they dont WANT to find. How freakin hard is it to find illegals defrauding the tax system? Rest assured if this all goes south and it becomes a total gun ban, no grandfather and confiscation begins, the government will do the confiscations with great enthusiasm. Any branch of the government that is associated with the confiscations will be well funded and probably grow larger. You must remember just like rape it's not about the obvious. In the case of rape its not about sex but control, in the gun control theater its not about guns at all but all about control.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Interesting article that is well written. Not sure that this will happen in our lifetime-however, if Diane Feinstein had her way it would happen tomorrow. The only thing not discussed is armed resistance. Now, I know that many think that they would actively resist, but think that that is more of a minority than a majority. However, there are more than one way to skin a cat.:ar15::ar15:

I think the author is spot-on about the gov't using "stealth" to pick us off one at a time with the BATF/IRS and just leaving gun owners as criminals-with-arrest-warrants-to-be-executed until we use our guns for defense against the coming tsunami of crime.
    As for armed resistance involving a minority, it's a question of who will step forward first. Once there is a critical mass of resistance, people will have something to join.

Top Bottom