• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Pistol Q: I've been looking for an all-rounded pistol for a future buy. I stumbled across this baby a few months ago. So, do any of you own this gun? How does it preform? Looks to be a great gun for both OC and CC, or even just range shooting.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have a full sized PX4 Strorm with me right now. It has been my home go-to pistol since I got it broken in and became fully familiar with it. As any should be, mine has been 100% reliable, and very accurate. I like that it came with three backstaps but to be honest, I like mine with any of the three, and I have small hands.

Have carried it with me many time and can highly recommend it. A great shooting pistol in the true Beretta tradition.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I agree with indykid. I have an OD green PX4 that has preformed absolutely flawless. It is by far my favorite polymer pistol that I have ever fired. I used to carry mine alot, but now it's on home defense duty. I you want the px4 for a carry gun I suggest that you try the px4 compact that just came out not to long ago. It still uses the rotating barrel of the larger gun its just smaller and easier to carry, but it still would serve nicely for home defense or range use.

DSCF4971.jpg

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I agree with indykid. I have an OD green PX4 that has preformed absolutely flawless. It is by far my favorite polymer pistol that I have ever fired. I used to carry mine alot, but now it's on home defense duty. I you want the px4 for a carry gun I suggest that you try the px4 compact that just came out not to long ago. It still uses the rotating barrel of the larger gun its just smaller and easier to carry, but it still would serve nicely for home defense or range use.

DSCF4971.jpg

I have never really been a fan of the looks of this pistol, but I must say that OD Green is pretty sexy. Nice piece, sir.

bigsteve

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    My edc is a px4 storm .40 cal it sits on the night stand when not on my hip. It is one of the softer recoil 40s I too didn't care for the way it looked at first but after many rounds it is the first gun I go to now.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I have a full sized Px4 Storm in .40 cal. Absolutely love it. 100% reliable right out of the box. While maybe it shouldn't be, part of it's appeal is it's great looks.
    Beretta-Px4-Storm.jpg

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Love my full size in 9mm. The full size is a bit too big for me to carry but it is reliable, accurate, easy take-down, good ergonomics, and I like having something a bit different than the Glocks and M&Ps that seem to be the most popular around these parts.

Not sure where you are based, but I recently saw a used 9mm subcompact on sale at Indiana Gun Club for $399. Pretty decent deal if it is in ok shape.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I in the market for another 9mm, and want the PX4 or the M&P 9. I just can't decide which one I want. I really like the looks of the PX4 though!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I in the market for another 9mm, and want the PX4 or the M&P 9. I just can't decide which one I want. I really like the looks of the PX4 though!

Both good guns in my opinion. In fact they were the last two on my short list. If you want a safety, go with Beretta. The M&P is just pull the trigger and it goes boom. I personally like a safety.... lots of reasons. The M&P is not an aesthetically appealing gun, ... and the trigger looks cheap. I know that may be silly, but look at it. Anyway, you'll be most satisfied with the Beretta I'd bet.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I did't like the feel of them. I thought they were top heavy and unbalanced. But that's just me, your results may be different.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    My brother and i both got new guns...He got the PX4 9mm DOA and I got the XD40sc.

I prefer a full size gun, but theres just somthing I dont much care for about the PX4.
    The gun is ergonomic, but doesnt really seem to "fit" my hand.

Its a lightweight gun, but is pretty pudgy and thick if you ask me.

Magazines are expensive and NOBODY makes a holster for it...and the fact that the barrel rotates makes me feel uneasy...more moving parts to fail.

It does however shoot nicely...trigger pull is heavy compare to my XD40.

If youre gonna spend the money for a beretta...get a 92fs...otherwise...Id look elsewhere.

$.02

God bless
    -Shred

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    My brother and i both got new guns...He got the PX4 9mm DOA and I got the XD40sc.

I prefer a full size gun, but theres just somthing I dont much care for about the PX4.
    The gun is ergonomic, but doesnt really seem to "fit" my hand.

Its a lightweight gun, but is pretty pudgy and thick if you ask me.

Magazines are expensive and NOBODY makes a holster for it...and the fact that the barrel rotates makes me feel uneasy...more moving parts to fail.

It does however shoot nicely...trigger pull is heavy compare to my XD40.

If youre gonna spend the money for a beretta...get a 92fs...otherwise...Id look elsewhere.

$.02

God bless
    -Shred

Interesting. I guess this Safariland ALS Holster that I have had for 4 years now must be a fluke. I have also used a Fobus that was made for the Px4.

The rotating barrel has no more moving parts then your xD does. Your xD barrel tilts while the Px4's barrel rotates.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    i am not a fan, I have a full size in .40 & it is one gun i regret getting..
    the trigger is very stiff. and the feed ramp is plastic , I have already had a hollow point take a bite out of the ramp..

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've always loved the look of the PX4 and think they feel great in my hand, but I've never shot one. I've heard complaints of the lack of holsters for them.

In my opinion, Beretta makes some terrific, well done firearms so I wouldn't have a lot of concerns about the quality or reliability.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    i am not a fan, I have a full size in .40 & it is one gun i regret getting..
    the trigger is very stiff. and the feed ramp is plastic , I have already had a hollow point take a bite out of the ramp..

I didn't like the way the gun looked at first. Then I sampled one (.40 S&W) at "Beretta Days" and really liked it. My friend loved it too and bought one. A short time later, he had me take a look at it because he was having feed problems. That's when I got a closer look at the inside. That's also when I noticed the plastic feed ramp and saw that it had been gouged by a hollowpoint. There also seemed to be a lot of excess plastic "strings" left over from the manufacturing process. Beretta did take care of him in the end.

Very nice shooting gun. It felt perfect and grouped extremely well for me. If it wasn't for that one issue, I might have bought one myself.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    The lack of accessories is a valid complaint with caveats. They are available, but definitely not as plentiful as they are for glocks/XDs, etc. In addition, the lack of demand pushes the prices up, so mags are only available from Beretta and they run around $40.

gdkaiser

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Michiana-South Bend
    I had a xd service in 9mm sold it to purchase this as I prefere the hammer over the striker if the xd had a hammer/with a hammer block safety I would have never sold it but the feature on the storm got me to buy it have the smallest strap on on it and found factory mags for 29.00 at CDNN came with a free holster (mail order of course) works fine need to get some more ammo down the pipe.... (not sure how the one fellow got a hollow point to shave the feed ramp?)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom