• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    :laugh:

That's highly debatable.

Tell me....Which way does it twist your hand?

Are you shooting two handed or one?

i shoot both a lot, supported & one handed..
    the PX4 has a substantial greater twist during recoil than any of my non rotating barral guns..
    I have sigs, cz, 1911s, s&w autos.. all in compairable calibers .

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    it does not move much, but you can feel the twist.. it is enough to move sights messing up follow up shot..

when firing a large recoil gun , say 454, the gun would twist into the shooter.. counter clockwise if right handed.. that is the "limp wrist" effect..
    but the PX4 does opposite that, in right hand.

I don't think the rotating action lessens the recoil any..

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    This thread has more rumors and speculation than a political race.

Bottom line is that beretta makes fine firearms and the PX4 is no exception.

You can always go to the source actual PX4 owners here.
    Beretta Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Quick google search for PX4 holsters (Hey a lot of companies make holsters for them):eek:
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-....,cf.osb&fp=da47f35edef78ce8&biw=1024&bih=571

And for some strange reason I cannot find one complaint from anyone saying that their PX4 twist their hand because of the rotating barrel. My google-fu was only able to turn up this thread.:dunno:

Your best bet is to go to a range that will let you rent one. Shoot the crap out of it. If you like it buy it. I have a feeling you will not be let down.

-Gary (Beretta Fanboy)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Not only am I a PX4 owner that I trust my life to one to the point that I keep it within a foot of me or less at all times I am awake. (A 92FS is my "nightstand" protection)

Let me give you an idea how nice and fun they are to shoot. Last summer I took mine to the range with my daughter. Brought about 200 rounds with me. I fired the first mag and asked my daughter if she wanted to use it. She took it and I picked up another pistol, one that I just bought and wanted to get a feel for it, plus break it in a bit.

Before I knew it my daughter was there complaining that we were out of 9mm. To say she liked the Storm is an understatement.

As to barrel torque, if you really really want to, you can feel it shooting one handed. Yes, I can feel a slight push into my hand when firing right handed, and a slight pull away when firing left handed, but in reality it is so minor as to be not an issue.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    And for some strange reason I cannot find one complaint from anyone saying that their PX4 twist their hand because of the rotating barrel.
    (

Are you kidding me? Is that what people are saying??? that is absurd. I've got a video of my 12 year old nephew shooting my 40 and all he experiences is some muzzle flip. My 15 year old holds it steady and true. There's not even a hint of this. Seems like another example of people providing expert reviews without ever shooting the gun in question.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    This thread has more rumors and speculation than a political race.

Bottom line is that beretta makes fine firearms and the PX4 is no exception.

You can always go to the source actual PX4 owners here.
    Beretta Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Quick google search for PX4 holsters (Hey a lot of companies make holsters for them):eek:
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-....,cf.osb&fp=da47f35edef78ce8&biw=1024&bih=571

And for some strange reason I cannot find one complaint from anyone saying that their PX4 twist their hand because of the rotating barrel. My google-fu was only able to turn up this thread.:dunno:

Your best bet is to go to a range that will let you rent one. Shoot the crap out of it. If you like it buy it. I have a feeling you will not be let down.

-Gary (Beretta Fanboy)
    AGREE! I have a PX-4 and had a Stoeger Cougar, also with a rotating barrel. love 'em! Reminds me of about 30 years ago when I got my first 44 magnum a model 29 with a 4 inch barrel. I was told the recoil was so vicious, that a normal human being could not bear to shoot more than 2 or 3 rounds without all manner of terrible injuries to his person. Would remove your eardrums with the first shot if you were so ignorant to not wear plugs AND muffs. Would make babies cry, dogs howl and cows to quit giving milk on Thursdays.

Muchado about nothing. :rolleyes:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I've got 3 PX4's now and never had a problem with any of them. The rotating barrel twisting the gun thing is out there :rolleyes:, just saying................

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Another fan of Beretta here! PX4 Compact 9mm that is reliable and can be as accurate as the shooter.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My Storm (full size) is sweet. Barrel rotation causing the gun to twist? Seriously? I've never felt it, ever. I switch from the Storm to my CZ Phantom after each mag at the range so if it were true, I think I would notice it switching back and forth.

My wife tells me I'm not very sensitive so I could be wrong :-)

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    The compact version is not a rotating barrel, it is a short recoil tilting one.

You're thinking of the Sub Compact PX4

For the record, I've owned a 9mm PX4, and never experienced a torque from firing it. I did, however, experience excellent accuracy, and very easy follow-up shots.

Top Bottom