• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I thought this was another "why won't AARP let me join?!" Rant thread, glad it's not.

OP, if your PMs don't work, just hit the status update thread for 10 minutes. That's the "playing go fish with all cards up and on the table" of PMing. Then before you know it the magical gong will sound, the cool fonts kick in, banner ads turn to flowers, your spouse gets mad and doesn't know why yet, troll-bot posts are hidden, and the site automatically becomes your homepage. On every device. Just. Like. That.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Well crap. I saw some posts about not being able to post in the classifieds until you get 50 posts. I get that. It's a great rule to avoid people who join only to sell stuff. To be honest I don't have anything to buy or sell. However it seems that you cannot PM anyone either.

It will let you PM. It just apparently does not go through. I PM'd a couple of folks that were VERY local and got no reply. I assumed that they
    were ignoring me and put them on a list to not PM again. LOL!

I have been a member of rimfirecentral for a couple of months and have 31 posts. I don't post unless I think my answer is important.
    I may never get to 50 on this forum. So.... To all the folks that I've PM'd , I take back the mean thoughts that I had.

And if you're ever driving around town and hear gunfire, stop and see if it's me!!!! I'd love to get together and shoot.

Woo Hoo, 1 post closer!

Shoot.
    I was hoping this was another whinning thread. I love those.

Hey, the OP said "Crap" ... I didn't think you could say crap until after 50 posts. I definitely know that those with super-high post counts say a lot of crap.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I thought this was another "why won't AARP let me join?!" Rant thread, glad it's not.

OP, if your PMs don't work, just hit the status update thread for 10 minutes. That's the "playing go fish with all cards up and on the table" of PMing. Then before you know it the magical gong will sound, the cool fonts kick in, banner ads turn to flowers, your spouse gets mad and doesn't know why yet, troll-bot posts are hidden, and the site automatically becomes your homepage. On every device. Just. Like. That.

So that's how it became my homepage. I was wondering how that happened... I don't remember ever changing it, but here we are.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    You know at first I was thinking "Damnit" because I do have a gun I want to sell through the forums here but now I'm glad there's a 50 post requirement.

I enjoy a lot of threads on here so I don't mind chiming in.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    50 posts is pretty easy. There are so many current threads on here, its not to difficult to chime in on a conversation and have something to say.

I'm still working towards my 500th post. I hear there is a cool door prize and a congratulatory theme song plays in the back ground. :rockwoot:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    50 posts is pretty easy. There are so many current threads on here, its not to difficult to chime in on a conversation and have something to say.

I'm still working towards my 500th post. I hear there is a cool door prize and a congratulatory theme song plays in the back ground. :rockwoot:

True, however once you hit 1,000 you have to start paying dues...not the site supporter thing, but the standard post whore fee... $0.05 per post.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    True, however once you hit 1,000 you have to start paying dues...not the site supporter thing, but the standard post whore fee... $0.05 per post.

So after 1000 posts I get to choose between 1 comment or 1 22LR round? Well I'm much better at blabbering than I am at shooting. :blahblah: :spend:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sometimes I post just to see how many posts I have. Trying to look back through threads for my posts is such a pain. Wait, what? And since when do you have to wait until you think your post will be thought of as important by the other folks?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Welcome to INGO. Don't worry if you think your post isn't important or not. Just post away and we'll let you know.:D
    To add to that: everybody else thinks his post is the most important one. No reason you should feel any different, OP.

Based on the number of longer time users who never respond when I reply to them, I suspect few care about my posts, or have me on ignore. Yet I still keep on doing it :rockwoot:
    Did you say something?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought this was about getting older... I was going to joke that 50 was in the rear view mirror for some of us...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom