• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    I agree, and as any of us who have built an all out ultimate 10/22 can attest to, the asking price is not too bad for what you get. I also like the fact that Ruger partnered with Doug Koenig on this project.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been tweaking on a couple of the 10/22 of mine for years and finally gave up and got a bolt action. Browning t-bolt on top is not near as ammo sensitive & shoots as good or better than the tricked out guns. I just got the Tally rings installed. They sit the scope as low as possible.
    5f112d50b24b91c8632b3293a9133736.jpg
    743e116e7c0d1f13ddc82745c3e0eacc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Love looking through all these! A 10/22 or similar is on my Black Friday buy list, so it’s great seeing what others are doing with theirs.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've always been a big fan of the older Marlin .22 and .22 mag bolt guns. They are full-sized rifles with walnut stocks. They were sort of a dime a dozen back in the day but now they are getting hard to find. I saw a couple this weekend at a nice show in MI that weren't as nice as this one approaching 400.00. I think I got a good deal on this old 783 .22mag from Highsmiths for around 250.00. It's a 1977 manufacture with great wood and metal finish.

cMrgK05.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    View attachment 72015 View attachment 72016

heres my new 10/22 for steel challenge and bowling pins!

I was lucky and won a contest from tandemkross, basically I won everything to build it but the receiver, trigger housing, barrel block and screws and a few small parts.

I bought a brownells 10/22 receiver, and had to dremmel off about a 64th of an inch to get the bolt to drop in, and there was a small scratch in the finish, and the bolt buffer hole was very tight, and it was very gritty, I oiled it up and worked it a little while, and its a lot smoother now, it shot great, but I did have a few jams with Winchester wildcat bulk 22 ammo, but not near as many as I have with the same ammo in the 22/45 in the picture. all I was doing yesterday was function testing it.

heres the parts rundown
    volquartsen stock (free)
    tactical solutions x ring barrel (free)
    tandemkross ultimate 10/22 brimstone trigger kit (free) drop in parts that have given me a 1-1.5# trigger pull!
    tandemkross krossfire bolt (free)
    fireswitch extended magazine release (free) you can push or pull to release the mag! its pretty cool!
    guardian auto bolt release (free)
    eagle talon extractor (free)
    game changer pro comp (free)
    tandemkross shock block buffer (free)
    doublekross magazine body (3 of them free) takes 2 mags and makes 1 magazine that holds 20 rounds
    tandemkross 10/22 magazine assembly tool (free)
    spartan extended charging handle (free)
    10/22 trigger group (35.00) I have a metal trigger group, but when I tried to install it in the metal guard, the trigger contacted the guard and wouldn't move, but fit perfectly in the plastic guard?
    small parts from midway usa (50.00) 2 sets of trigger pins, a tactical solutions barrel block,10 round mag, barrel block screws shipping and 7 cent nra roundup, and a few other small things to get to 49.99 to get free shipping
    brownells 10/22 receiver 84.99 (dealer sold it to me at cost plus tax) didn't know but it came with barrel block and screws, but I wanted the tac sol so I wouldn't have used it anyway

so for 170.00 ive got a nice 10/22!
    there was also a few parts I won that I cant install on this gun, but will go on my other 10/22, and I plan on upgrading the red dot sight, the one that's on there cost 40.00 from cdnn sports, I'm going to put a cmore railway 8 moa dot!

look for me at Indiana state and region 5 steel challenge next year!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

I was lucky and won a contest from tandemkross, basically I won everything to build it but the receiver, trigger housing, barrel block and screws and a few small parts.

heres the parts rundown
    volquartsen stock (free)
    tactical solutions x ring barrel (free)
    tandemkross ultimate 10/22 brimstone trigger kit (free) drop in parts that have given me a 1-1.5# trigger pull!
    tandemkross krossfire bolt (free)
    fireswitch extended magazine release (free) you can push or pull to release the mag! its pretty cool!
    guardian auto bolt release (free)
    eagle talon extractor (free)
    game changer pro comp (free)
    tandemkross shock block buffer (free)
    doublekross magazine body (3 of them free) takes 2 mags and makes 1 magazine that holds 20 rounds
    tandemkross 10/22 magazine assembly tool (free)
    spartan extended charging handle (free)
    10/22 trigger group (35.00) I have a metal trigger group, but when I tried to install it in the metal guard, the trigger contacted the guard and wouldn't move, but fit perfectly in the plastic guard?
    small parts from midway usa (50.00) 2 sets of trigger pins, a tactical solutions barrel block,10 round mag, barrel block screws shipping and 7 cent nra roundup, and a few other small things to get to 49.99 to get free shipping
    brownells 10/22 receiver 84.99 (dealer sold it to me at cost plus tax) didn't know but it came with barrel block and screws, but I wanted the tac sol so I wouldn't have used it anyway

Congrats you lucky dog! I also entered that contest. I'm glad a fellow INGOer won! :ingo:

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    That’s great that you won the contest, I entered as well but since I didn’t win I am glad a fellow INGO member dID. Congratulations, the 10/22 is one of my favorite rifles.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Thank you,
    That was a big argument with the four of us on the bench committee and one person on the board. What one other person and I wanted was to have the two middle bays open but have a narrow table at each like the pistol range. One lower for the few members that use wheelchairs and a taller table in the next bay. With that either could have been used to shoot prone. We have two members in chairs but no accommodations for them. But the board changed it along with the benches we designed. What we designed were tables with three legs and no other supports, to make it easier to police up brass and trash.
    We voted on putting concrete pads with the new roofs but there never is enough members that show up to the meeting to actually get good things for the members that actually use the club. Concrete like holding Appleseeds were a heated debate and sadly, voted down buy the old men that never use the ranges and only go to the meetings.
    We have the money to do so many good things with the club, but not enough members show up to the meetings to vote in needed changes.
    In essence, we have members that run the club that aren't shooters themselves.

Its funny. I'm a member of a club in a completely different hobby. It's the same as you've outlined above. the club used to be run by the retired guys who don't actually "do" the hobby. Thankfully, in the past several years, that has started to change.

oh, and I visited your range a couple weeks ago as a guest of a member. You've got a Very nice facility. If I didn't live so far away, I would join.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    After I joined MCFG I built a rifle just for shooting on the 100 yard range. I picked up a 10/22 from Palmetto and changed out everything but the serialized receiver, bolt, recoil spring and charging handle. 18" barrel from Keystone, Magpul Hunter X-22 stock, BX trigger, mag release from Brownell's, bipod, 6-24X50 scope, polyurethane buffer, etc.

20181026_105254.jpg

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Nice build, good looking rifle. How is your accuracy

I am hoping that with the warmer weather this weekend I can put can some numbers to that. I haven't had time enough to find out what ammo she likes since I completed the build. I have a half dozen different ammo types to try. My guess is that it is more accurate than I am. :)

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    This brings back some memories. My dad bought two Marlin 99C's back around...oh, lets say 1969...that were on sale at Central Hardware in Greenwood (there's a blast from the past) and gave me one.
    I did a lot of experimentation and found my particular 99C gave spectacular groups when fed Remington High Power Hollow Points above and beyond any of the 20+ brands/types of ammo that I tried up to and including Eley Match. Maybe it was just a lucky fluke...but so far, that was the most accurate .22 I've owned and, yes, in my 65 years I've owned more than I can recall. I used to have a folder containing the targets I shot just in case anyone doubted me.
    However, when I joined the Army and living on a PFC's pay, I sold that 99C.
    Fast forward to 1984. My fiancee (now wife) gave me as a wedding gift, something I had dreamed of every since firing one a buddy owned...a Marlin 39A. It was beautiful and smooth as a baby's butt and had a solid reputation of being superbly accurate. I wasted no time in mounting a scope and taking it to the range. That is when my dream turned into a nightmare. No matter what I tried, the best group (pattern) I could get was nearly 3 inches at 25 yards. I knew something had to be wrong. I suspected an "out of spec" barrel. I called Marlin CS. Their response was, "We test fire our rifles and our minimum accuracy standard is 3 inches on a target at 25 yards. You are welcome to send your rifle to us for evaluation but it is not likely we can do anything under warranty if your rifle meets our standards." I asked the gentleman if he had any idea whatsoever regarding the size of a squirrel's head. No reponse and the telephone line went dead. I sold that 39A to someone I didn't know and that lived far away. I haven't owned another Marlin firearm since.

marlin model 99 tube fed semi auto, also have the original marlin micro-vue 4X scope that came with the gun.

my mom thinks she bought it for my dad back around '57-'58

:cheers:

Top Bottom