jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    woman_gun_rights.jpg

Don't forget backround checks. And there's the whole thing about being an object that is owned. I suppose the sound bite is all bitey and stuff but I really don't think she thought that stamement out before ****ting that.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Didn't she skip the 3rd grade, and was a National Merit Scholar? The girl ain't dumb. It's unfortunate that there are some that would attempt to tear her down, or diminish HER accomplishments simply because of who her parents are. Unless there's some information about her that indicates that should has simply been given things, rather than worked hard to achieve them, I find that pic without merit.

Oh yeah, and what's the likelihood a Rhodes Scholar and Lawyer have a dummy for a kid?

She didn't get where she is do to ANY political power and pandering. Who her parents are had absolutely nothing to do with it. True story.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't forget backround checks. And there's the whole thing about being an object that is owned. I suppose the sound bite is all bitey and stuff but I really don't think she thought that stamement out before ****ting that.

Wait until she learns that whatever gender pay gap that may exist is the result of the choices made by women.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    forthworth-e1453490282716.jpg

The USS Fort Worth, a Navy littoral combat ship, has suffered extensive gear damage while docked at a port in Singapore. The Navy is blaming the incident on a crew error.

According to reports, the crew failed to use sufficient lube oil, leading to excessively high temperatures on the gears. Debris also found its way into the lubrication system, which also contributed to failure, Defense News reports. The crew did not follow standard operating procedures.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    ^Can somebody fill me in on the above? Going right over my head.

From everything I know about these ships, that is Pentagon-speak for 'We send a crew out with a ship we knew was a piece of sh*t, but we are going to blame the crew anyway because the suits up the street don't want to hear that they pissed away incredible amounts of money on pieces of sh*t that were predestined to failure even if they hit every mark on the political checklist including being cheap per ton to build, have brochures showing a lot of armament per ton, per hull volume, and per crewman even though it won't live up to the billing and can't defend itself in reality, and significantly reduced human cost by virtue of not having enough crewmen to efficiently operate a ship its size, especially when there is damage control to be done.'

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    From everything I know about these ships, that is Pentagon-speak for 'We send a crew out with a ship we knew was a piece of sh*t, but we are going to blame the crew anyway because the suits up the street don't want to hear that they pissed away incredible amounts of money on pieces of sh*t that were predestined to failure even if they hit every mark on the political checklist including being cheap per ton to build, have brochures showing a lot of armament per ton, per hull volume, and per crewman even though it won't live up to the billing and can't defend itself in reality, and significantly reduced human cost by virtue of not having enough crewmen to efficiently operate a ship its size, especially when there is damage control to be done.'

Everything I've seen, agrees with IndyDave.
    The LCS project started out as a good idea.
    They started with clearly defined mission parameters.
    Then, they kept added muli mission role after multi mission role to the parameters.
    The Navy, and it's ship builders have hundreds of years of experience building and operating warships.
    Then, there were problems in building. And the first one was falling apart. The builder blamed the Navy.
    Apparently, the Navy didn't have enough experience operating and maintaining warships. The same Navy that operates hundreds of other warships and auxiliaries.
    But, there are parts of the Navy similiar to big corporations, since it is a big corporation.
    And those that pushed it through, don't want to take the heat. Similiar to other failed weapon systems.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    IndyDave1776 and actaeon277, apparently you know more about it than I do. I posted it not with any value judgment in mind, just that is is sad but true, no matter the cause. I do know some Navy guys, and my understanding is that there are SOPs and following them is not an option. So the reasoning stated in the article did smell fishy to me, pardon the pun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    forthworth-e1453490282716.jpg

The USS Fort Worth, a Navy littoral combat ship, has suffered extensive gear damage while docked at a port in Singapore. The Navy is blaming the incident on a crew error.

According to reports, the crew failed to use sufficient lube oil, leading to excessively high temperatures on the gears. Debris also found its way into the lubrication system, which also contributed to failure, Defense News reports. The crew did not follow standard operating procedures.

Naval reduction gears that I'm familiar with, are sealed up and only opened up in a major repair activity, or an emergency.
    So the debris was probably the gears themselves.
    Imoroperly lubed. The system delivering the lube could have been improperly designed, or to reduce manpower they may use auto-lube dispensers. Which may not have been up to the task.

Of course, this is speculation.
    But crews don't just open up sealed gears for ****s and giggles, just to drop stuff in.
    And its a big deal, involving multiple levels of command and yard birds.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The top one looks interesting. I do not care for the AR configuration or the .556 round personally, (you can have all you want) I wouldn't mind shooting it once, maybe in one of the alternate calibers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom