Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    awesomesauce" isn't really what I hear. I just hear you making a prediction that sounds like you really believe it. And I'm not saying it can't happen. I think it's not in the bag. Time only knows who is right. There is an answer to that which we've not yet experienced. It's not played out. At this point, I doubt Trump can win. Trump should be capitalizing more on Hillary's baggage. And part of that is a friendly old media. But with new media showing stuff that we wouldn't have seen otherwise, people see enough of Hillary's baggage that they should be fed up with her. Yet Trump only gains a point or few.

See there... that's why I like you.

Lot of context gets lost in simple text. Inflections in the voice, sarcasm, etc... You know what you're talking about. You've seen something to lead you to believe he's got it in the bag. I tend to see it a bit differently... and find it very difficult for someone doing so little to beat someone so big (Clinton). We'll just see what happens, none of us truly know right now.

Ditto.

The problem is that it is NOT unpredicatable. Those folks that think Trump has a realistic chance of winning are emotionally tied to a Clinton failure or unmindful that most of what Trump has said during this campaign. If this was sandlot softball, no one would choose him to be on their team, nevermind that he might own the bat, ball gloves and sandlot. He's really a sleazy human being.

But, I suppose, Clinton could stroke out during a debate, face plant and put the democrat's side in an uproar.....

It's only somewhat predictable. I do think Trump has a realistic path to win, but of course it's much narrower than Hillary's. If she can overcome Benghazi, the Email scandals, the Clinton Foundation scandals, the Wall Street/Banking cronies speech scandals, she probably has the capacity to overcome much more as long as Trump continues to increase her resilience by making himself even less likeable.

Wow, the NeverTrump is strong in here today. Looks like they are sweating their anti-gun candidate staying upright until the election?

I think that's not a reasoned conclusion. I only know of two INGOers who support Clinton. There may be more, but they haven't actively participated in the political discussions.

I am none of that....Trump is riding a populist anti politician wave.....When BREXIT went the way it did after ALL predictions were it would never pass I knew that Trump was going to win........He's the last wave...I am sorry..He just is...

Here is some information to explain why this year predictions based upon polls are not very predictable...

I understand there's a populist wave rippling through Western Society now. I wouldn't assume that it will overcome the obstacles. Just like Brexit, it will depend upon turnout. The demographic group most opposed to Brexit, didn't show up for it in enough numbers to counter the populists. If young people would have shown up in proportionate numbers, Brexit would have failed.

For our election, we'll see. Like 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000... and many elections before, it depends who makes it to the polls. Romney supporters believed that he would win because of certain polls. They were very wrong because the supporters who backed Romney didn't carry through to the polls. He lost because he didn't have operatives canvassing neighborhoods in critical districts flat out making people get out and vote. Obama did. Obama won. That's how presidential elections are won now. Is Trump doing that?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Look, if you're gonna be a Trump supporter, you can't act like Hillary getting into her SUV.

I didn't say you have smelly feet. You said you smell something...victory? (which doesn't have a biologic smell). I redirected you to something closer to reality.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    giphy.gif

I feel compelled to point out that this gif, combined with printcraft's avatar gif, makes a mind put together a story. But it is a VERY strange story. Boy meets girl. Girl falls for boy. Boy is socially awkward and doesn't understand the significance of girl falling for boy.

It could probably be considered a kind of disturbed Rorschach test.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I feel compelled to point out that this gif, combined with printcraft's avatar gif, makes a mind put together a story. But it is a VERY strange story. Boy meets girl. Girl falls for boy. Boy is socially awkward and doesn't understand the significance of girl falling for boy.

Hadn't thought of that. But I see what you mean.

ETA: Should I be worried that I see what you mean?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    jamil: There are many democrats sitting here today that wish that Romney v. Clinton was the choice. I believe that Romney could have swept 40+ states. But, the primary process in this country is abysmal and the what if's are left to historians.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    At this point, I doubt Trump can win. Trump should be capitalizing more on Hillary's baggage. And part of that is a friendly old media. But with new media showing stuff that we wouldn't have seen otherwise, people see enough of Hillary's baggage that they should be fed up with her. Yet Trump only gains a point or few.

How do you suppose he should do this? He doesn't stop talking. All he is talking about is how bad HRC and BHO are. Just because the media is neutering this point, doesn't mean he is not trying to capitalize. They are waiting for some small 15 second quip from hours of dialogue.
    They couldn't stop talking about the 47%. At least he had numbers and logic behind the statement.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

"Disturbed" is a good way of putting it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    jamil: There are many democrats sitting here today that wish that Romney v. Clinton was the choice. I believe that Romney could have swept 40+ states. But, the primary process in this country is abysmal and the what if's are left to historians.

I can't find anything there to disagree with. I'm sure you guys on the other side of the isle are as frustrated with your choice as I am with mine. It's the battle of the least liked, where the least least liked on election day will win.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Look, if you're gonna be a Trump supporter, you can't act like Hillary getting into her SUV.

I didn't say you have smelly feet. You said you smell something...victory? (which doesn't have a biologic smell). I redirected you to something closer to reality.

I was joking and pointing out how easy it is to get in trouble with a mod for a joke that guys do all of the time....But like every time I try to post in this thread it fell flat....I know you meant no harm and I was just trying to point out how silly things have become...

More bummed over GP not getting the "fear" thing....I am a little worried about the unknown...Trump is the great unknown...There should be a healthy level of fear over the Trump Presidency...Like I said I am probably worried about nothing but we are wheeling head first into the unknown and that has my jimmies a little rustled...

But I am a little excited too....This is a year of conflict for me......How many people pick their Presidential candidate because Arrianna Huffington decided to put his campaign in the entertainment section? How many people support a candidate because he called a reporter a "sleaze" during a press conference?? How many people support a candidate because everyone, including the money in his party hates him???

One that I know of....Me...This is either going to be the most historic vote I have ever made in my life or the most childish I have ever made in my life...Only time will tell...

Maybe I just like 1970's era Trucker Caps with cheesy logos on them??? Who knows???

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How do you suppose he should do this? He doesn't stop talking. All he is talking about is how bad HRC and BHO are. Just because the media is neutering this point, doesn't mean he is not trying to capitalize. They are waiting for some small 15 second quip from hours of dialogue.
    They couldn't stop talking about the 47%. At least he had numbers and logic behind the statement.

Most of Trump's problem beyond his past positions that seem to have flipped, is that he alienates people who aren't his ardent supporters. These are people who might be able to vote for him because they find Hillary revolting. But then Trump says really stupid things that make it hard for them to vote for him. And I agree that the Media is too willing to make it look like he's saying more than he's saying. But he does say it, and if he hadn't said those things, they'd have had much less fodder to work with. I have to admit that he's doing better now, but only because he now has advisors that understand elections and the electorate more than Trump does. And they're trying to tame his mouth and his twitter account. And it has helped. But a likable candidate--one who doesn't alienate everyone but his base--is an easier default than an disliked candidate.

It seems one of the traits Trumpers find most appealing about Trump is his lack of filter. And that is the very thing that gets him in trouble with everyone else. Listen to what Kut says about Trump. That's as representative opinion of Trump that a moderate can possibly give, as well as a minority. Whether you like it or not, more than 40% of American voters are moderates. The remaining 60% are split between the left and right, but slightly favoring the left.

Neither side has enough numbers to win without moderates. That is the reality of elections. So pissing off a significant portion of moderates is not going to win the election. He doesn't need to win Trumpers to win the election--there are no where near enough to do that. He needs a coalition of voters who want an alternative to Hillary. He won't get that by saying stupid ****.

Hell, look at Alpo. A self-described moderate Democrat. If Trump weren't such a douchebag, I think he'd actually vote Republican over Hillary.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I personally am not fearful. I've lived close to my "3 score and 10" so it takes something very unusual to get me fearful

(Perp: You're gonna die, Jack!

Me:So what? What else you got? [blam, blamblam from my g-lock})

But, I do worry about my grandkids.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I can't find anything there to disagree with. I'm sure you guys on the other side of the isle are as frustrated with your choice as I am with mine. It's the battle of the least liked, where the least least liked on election day will win.

I think the Democrats are mad because they got railroaded with this candidate because it was her "time"...I think Republicans are mad because they feel the media pushed a Trump candidacy because they think that way Hillary has a chance of beating Trump....

I am pulling for Trump so I can say their plans backfired....I am a little fearful about a Trump Presidency because he is the great unknown and I may have cut a gash my own party to prove a point....I understand the neverTrumpers voting on their principles but I would ask you all to at least consider that some of us Trump supporters are supporting him out of our principles.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I personally am not fearful. I've lived close to my "3 score and 10" so it takes something very unusual to get me fearful

Not all that close to 3-score and 10, but that's more where I'm at. I worry that my son won't have the rights I have. I strongly suspect that we're heading straight into an era of less individual liberty no matter which candidate wins. And that makes it very difficult for me to vote for any of them, including Johnson.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Jamil: Yeah, I've actually voted for more republican presidential candidates than for democrats. Democrats occasionally get a a candidate with great credentials or a tremendous idea. Most times (Dukakis, Kerry, Gore, etc) they do not. Trump is radioactive. I wouldn't vote for him under any circumstance.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I almost didn't get to my 51 so I tend to be a little "gun shy" as a result...I am just happy to be alive to be able to vote in this election...One day you and I will meet and will probably see how much alike we are....PaulF is a nevertrumper Agnostic and I could hang with him all day LMAO....The internet makes it hard sometimes to get the cut of a man's jib without context...I have said before Alpo...You are welcome here anytime...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Not all that close to 3-score and 10, but that's more where I'm at. I worry that my son won't have the rights I have. I strongly suspect that we're heading straight into an era of less individual liberty no matter which candidate wins. And that makes it very difficult for me to vote for any of them, including Johnson.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I almost didn't get to my 51 so I tend to be a little "gun shy" as a result...I am just happy to be alive to be able to vote in this election...One day you and I will meet and will probably see how much alike we are....PaulF is a nevertrumper Agnostic and I could hang with him all day LMAO....The internet makes it hard sometimes to get the cut of a man's jib without context...I have said before Alpo...You are welcome here anytime...

Wrinkled as my "jib" is, I assume Alpo's is more so.

:lmfao:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Jamil: Yeah, I've actually voted for more republican presidential candidates than for democrats. Democrats occasionally get a a candidate with great credentials or a tremendous idea. Most times (Dukakis, Kerry, Gore, etc) they do not. Trump is radioactive. I wouldn't vote for him under any circumstance.

Nor would I. After Johnson's Alleppo gaffe, I don't have a candidate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom