Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have to say, Cruz gave a really good speech. I think the Trumpers will be disappointed that he didn't directly endorse Trump, even though he did encourage people to vote.

He was being booed. Cruz, has probably earned my lifelong adulation. There's absolutely no reason for him to endorse Trump.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'm guessing Cruz won't be a Supreme Court nominee at this point.

Unless his pal and INGO favorite Hillary wins in November.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Lol, I got respect the consistency. Anyone not for Trump, is by default a Clinton supporter.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    There's absolutely no reason for him to endorse Trump.
    Meh, except a thing called 'being a man of your word'. Especially when you double down with a pledge followed by an unambiguous affirmation of that pledge. Glad Ted got upstaged TWICE by Trump today, and booed out of the arena; he deserved it.

March 3, 2016
    BRET BAIER: Gentlemen, this is the last question of the night. It has been a long time since our first debate, seven months ago in Cleveland. A lot has transpired since then, obviously, including an RNC pledge that all of you signed agreeing to support the party's nominee and not to launch an independent run. Tonight, in 30 seconds, can you definitively say you will support the Republican nominee, even if that nominee is Donald J. Trump? Senator Rubio, yes or no?
    RUBIO: I'll support the Republican nominee.

BAIER: Senator Cruz, yes or no, you will support Donald Trump is he's the nominee?
    CRUZ: Yes, because I gave my word that I would. And what I have endeavored to do every day in the Senate is do what I said I would do. You know, just on Tuesday, we saw an overwhelming victory blahblahblahblahblah.

BAIER: Governor Kasich, yes or no, would you support Donald Trump as the Republican nominee?
    KASICH: Yeah. But -- and I kind of think that, before it's all said and done, I'll be the nominee. But let me also say...
    BAIER: But your answer is yes?
    KASICH: So if he ends up as the nominee -- sometimes, he makes it a little bit hard -- but, you know, I will support whoever is the Republican nominee for president.

WALLACE: Mr. Trump, I'm going to ask you a version of the same question. Can you definitively say tonight that you will definitely support the Republican nominee for president, even if it's not you?
    TRUMP: Even if it's not me?
    (LAUGHTER)
    WALLACE: Thirty seconds, sir.
    TRUMP: ... OK -- that I'm very, very proud of -- millions and millions of people have come to the Republican Party over the last little while. They've come to the Republican Party. And by the way, the Democrats are losing people. This is a trend that's taking place. It's the biggest thing happening in politics, and I'm very proud to be a part of it. And I'm going to give them some credit, too, even though they don't deserve it. But the answer is: Yes, I will.
    WALLACE: Yes, you will support the nominee of the party?
    TRUMP: Yes, I will. Yes. I will.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh, except a thing called 'being a man of your word'. Especially when you double down with a pledge followed by an unambiguous affirmation of that pledge. Glad Ted got upstaged TWICE by Trump today, and booed out of the arena; he deserved it.

March 3, 2016
    BRET BAIER: Gentlemen, this is the last question of the night. It has been a long time since our first debate, seven months ago in Cleveland. A lot has transpired since then, obviously, including an RNC pledge that all of you signed agreeing to support the party's nominee and not to launch an independent run. Tonight, in 30 seconds, can you definitively say you will support the Republican nominee, even if that nominee is Donald J. Trump?

Senator Rubio, yes or no?

RUBIO: I'll support the Republican nominee.

BAIER: Senator Cruz, yes or no, you will support Donald Trump is he's the nominee?

CRUZ: Yes, because I gave my word that I would. And what I have endeavored to do every day in the Senate is do what I said I would do. You know, just on Tuesday, we saw an overwhelming victory blahblahblahblahblah.

BAIER: Governor Kasich, yes or no, would you support Donald Trump as the Republican nominee?

KASICH: Yeah. But -- and I kind of think that, before it's all said and done, I'll be the nominee. But let me also say...

BAIER: But your answer is yes?

KASICH: So if he ends up as the nominee -- sometimes, he makes it a little bit hard -- but, you know, I will support whoever is the Republican nominee for president.

WALLACE: Mr. Trump, I'm going to ask you a version of the same question. Can you definitively say tonight that you will definitely support the Republican nominee for president, even if it's not you?

TRUMP: Even if it's not me?

(LAUGHTER)

WALLACE: Thirty seconds, sir.

TRUMP: ... OK -- that I'm very, very proud of -- millions and millions of people have come to the Republican Party over the last little while. They've come to the Republican Party. And by the way, the Democrats are losing people. This is a trend that's taking place. It's the biggest thing happening in politics, and I'm very proud to be a part of it. And I'm going to give them some credit, too, even though they don't deserve it. But the answer is: Yes, I will.

WALLACE: Yes, you will support the nominee of the party?
    TRUMP: Yes, I will. Yes. I will.

Didn't Trump back out of the pledge also, saying that he had "been treated unfairly?"

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    cruz%2Bcanada1.jpg

p.s. Horse is actually a jackass. :laugh:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Lets not get too quick with that blanket statement sir. :) There are only a tiny few mixed up members who seem to forget this is a gun forum. They are loud and fond of the keyboard, but they are few. You can count them on one hand, maybe two.

Best wishes to the poor lost confused souls. Maybe they'll eventually find a more appropriate forum to express their anti-gun Hillary support and post favorable gun owners posts here on INGO? :ingo:

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Didn't Trump back out of the pledge also, saying that he had "been treated unfairly?"
    NOPE... he supports the nominee and he didn't launch an independent run. He honored the pledge and his promise.

#LyinTed however, not so much. Ironic how his anti-endorsement will only serve to throw a thousand tons of coal into the engine of a fired-up Trump train.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Lets not get too quick with that blanket statement sir. :) There are only a tiny few mixed up members who seem to forget this is a gun forum. They are loud and fond of the keyboard, but they are few. You can count them on one hand, maybe two.

Best wishes to the poor lost confused souls. Maybe they'll eventually find a more appropriate forum to express their anti-gun Hillary support and post favorable gun owners posts here on INGO? :ingo:

Good luck with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom