The video of Sam Dubose's death is so bad, Cincinnati is prepping for riots.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Another thought I had was if the car was moving away from the curb (towards the officer), that would play a big role in the officers reaction.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Not sure what I think things happens very quick and not being in his shoes not sure what I would of done, not to sure the gun did not go off by mistake ? Sad day for many

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Our son is on a local University police department. They are a full service department. During down time of classes they regularly do active shooter training with local PD. He came to the University from a smaller Lake county department that was low paying and in a pretty dangerous area. One of the valuable skills at the University is community police work. The starting pay is more than most local departments and the benefits are good. The pace is slower than a city department and eventually he wants to get back to a city department. But for now it's a good gig.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From the link, here are some things that the prosecutor said:

DuBose did "nothing violent" toward Tensing, Deters said, adding that the video shows Tensing falling because he had just shot DuBose.

"I think he (Tensing) lost his temper because Mr. DuBose would not get out of his car. He wasn't dragged. When you see it, you will not believe how quickly he pulled his gun and shot him in the head," Deters said at a 1 p.m. news conference.

"He was simply, slowly rolling away. That's it," Deters said.

"It was senseless. It didn't have to happen," Deters said, adding that Tensing should have never stopped DuBose for not having a front license plate.

"It was a chicken-crap stop," Deters said.

He fell because he had just shot DuBose? WTF? He didn't even fall until seconds after he fired. Has Deters even shot a pistol before? 'Cause, you know, the recoil of a pistol caliber handgun tends to knock everyone on their ass--seconds after they fire. :rolleyes: Geez, my kid at 12 could shoot a 9mm without it knocking him on his ass.

I see no indication from the video that Tensing "lost his temper". Tensing did quickly pull his gun and shoot, but I think that was an overreaction to the events unfolding. The only emotion I saw when things escalated was adrenalin induced excitement.

It was indeed senseless and it didn't have to happen. But to say Tensing should never have stopped DuBose for not having a front license plate? I guess the state of Ohio should be expunging from the record and issuing refunds to everyone it has ever issued a ticket for not having a front license plate. :rolleyes: Maybe it was a chicken**** stop. But it's a chicken**** stop that would have resulted in DuBose being arrested for drugs, which I'm sure Deters would have happily prosecuted.

The prosecutor is a dickhead. I'm sure it's obvious to all the police officers in the jurisdiction that the prosecutor's office is willing to throw any one of them under the bus to appease an angry mob. Tensing got it very wrong, and I'm not saying he shouldn't see any jail time, but it wasn't by any stretch, murder.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It would really help to have dashcam video. That would clear up everything.

Probably not. That's what body cams were supposed to do. Maybe if we had cameras on every street corner.......

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    From the link, here are some things that the prosecutor said:
    DuBose did "nothing violent" toward Tensing, Deters said, adding that the video shows Tensing falling because he had just shot DuBose.

"I think he (Tensing) lost his temper because Mr. DuBose would not get out of his car. He wasn't dragged. When you see it, you will not believe how quickly he pulled his gun and shot him in the head," Deters said at a 1 p.m. news conference.

"He was simply, slowly rolling away. That's it," Deters said.

"It was senseless. It didn't have to happen," Deters said, adding that Tensing should have never stopped DuBose for not having a front license plate.

"It was a chicken-crap stop," Deters said.

He fell because he had just shot DuBose? WTF? He didn't even fall until seconds after he fired. Has Deters even shot a pistol before? 'Cause, you know, the recoil of a pistol caliber handgun tends to knock everyone on their ass--seconds after they fire. :rolleyes: Geez, my kid at 12 could shoot a 9mm without it knocking him on his ass.

I see no indication from the video that Tensing "lost his temper". Tensing did quickly pull his gun and shoot, but I think that was an overreaction to the events unfolding. The only emotion I saw when things escalated was adrenalin induced excitement.

It was indeed senseless and it didn't have to happen. But to say Tensing should never have stopped DuBose for not having a front license plate? I guess the state of Ohio should be expunging from the record and issuing refunds to everyone it has ever issued a ticket for not having a front license plate. :rolleyes: Maybe it was a chicken**** stop. But it's a chicken**** stop that would have resulted in DuBose being arrested for drugs, which I'm sure Deters would have happily prosecuted.

The prosecutor is a dickhead. I'm sure it's obvious to all the police officers in the jurisdiction that the prosecutor's office is willing to throw any one of them under the bus to appease an angry mob. Tensing got it very wrong, and I'm not saying he shouldn't see any jail time, but it wasn't by any stretch, murder.

Fleeing the scene or whatever it's called is now just simply rolling away....I gotta try that sometime. Pretty hard to prove "I think he was angry" I would think. Of course that's just me thinking but I have been told I chose the wrong career path and should have been a lawyer.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Fleeing the scene or whatever it's called is now just simply rolling away....I gotta try that sometime. Pretty hard to prove "I think he was angry" I would think. Of course that's just me thinking but I have been told I chose the wrong career path and should have been a lawyer.
    The political machine is in process of chewing up this officer and spitting him out. THIS is the reason I belong to the FOP...legal representation. In my line of work, you never know when it will be your turn in the hot seat. At least I know that when push comes to shove, I have a very good firm representing me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The political machine is in process of chewing up this officer and spitting him out. THIS is the reason I belong to the FOP...legal representation. In my line of work, you never know when it will be your turn in the hot seat. At least I know that when push comes to shove, I have a very good firm representing me.

True, but I gonna go out on a limb and say that you probably make better decisions too. Guy tries to drive off while I'm at the door? Yeah, not sticking my arm in the vehicle.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    True, but I gonna go out on a limb and say that you probably make better decisions too. Guy tries to drive off while I'm at the door? Yeah, not sticking my arm in the vehicle.
    That is true, but in this age, doing everything right means little if the community wants "justice". It would still require a lawyer to navigate through that mess.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    In honor of Deters declaring a certain Ohio law moot in Hamilton County, I think all Cincinnati drivers should remove their front license plates, and replace them with depictions of chicken poop.

Top Bottom