The video of Sam Dubose's death is so bad, Cincinnati is prepping for riots.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    [video=youtube;X8yDgZqTXuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yDgZqTXuU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Tensing told investigators that DuBose was trying to drive away and he feared being run over. The grand jury ruled that Tensing's body cam did not show that.

So he didn't testify to being dragged? Just a fear of being run over?

Also, the two officers who corroborated Tensing's story have since been suspended.

Peter Potamus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    What does a traffic stop from 2014 have to do with the current incident? Will you also post video of all 60+ times DuBose had been stopped in his lifetime? Neither will be allowed at trial. The media is desperate to manufacture whatever it can to hang Tensing. Don't be their tool by spreading their crap.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What does a traffic stop from 2014 have to do with the current incident? Will you also post video of all 60+ times DuBose had been stopped in his lifetime? Neither will be allowed at trial. The media is desperate to manufacture whatever it can to hang Tensing. Don't be their tool by spreading their crap.

Tensing did a pretty good job of placing himself in this situation. I sympathize, and do wonder, if his relative lack of inexperience contributed to his actions. Young coppers, me included, have done lots of dumb things and are lucky we didn't have to pay for it at that particular time.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    After seeing the video countless times on Cincinnati's channel 5, I'd bed to differ. They played the video in slow-mo up until the point of the shot so you could see the car wasn't moving, and Sam Dubose's hands were raised at the time he was shot. Only after the shot was fired did you hear tires chirp and then the car drive off. I would guess Sam DuBose had an involuntary muscle movement after being shot in the head that caused his car to flee and possibly knock the officer down.

The engine revs before the shot fires. Did he put the car in drive after he was shot or before? My thought is he didn't do much after the shot... so as the engine revs the car was either mechanically defective and didn't move initially, was moving and maybe the audio/video isn't synched perfectly, or this was a manual transmission car and he had put it into 1st gear and let off the clutch after being shot. The engine definitely revs up right before the shot rang out. It certainly isn't as described by the prosecutor that he fell forward onto the peddle after being shot.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Who's George Zimmerman? Where's Florida?

Skittles sir, just skittles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Agreed. This is a very good point. The video is not clear if he did have his finger on the trigger when he drew.

Stepping through frame by frame (just on YouTube, mind you) I stopped on a frame that had the full trigger guard and trigger visible. I did not see a finger on the trigger, or even part of a finger framed by the trigger guard... this appeared to be before the pistol entered the window. YMMV

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    attachment.php

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is the video quality so bad? Video looks heavily compressed. Intentional? Or budget constraints.

I don't know what the policies are for video retention, but I imagine that the video from every minute of each encounter for every officer is kept for some period of time. They probably don't have an NSA budget. Smaller = cheaper.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    My office is in Cincy, though I travel and don't NEED to go in every day. A few people (customers, wife of a co-worker, friend I grew up with etc) have been telling me the past few days that they're businesses are planning what to do if/when the professional rioters show up as there have already been signs that the Ferguson/Baltimore groups are in town waiting for the verdicts. Add to that the pro-Hitlery groups and they could have some crappy days ahead.

Top Bottom