• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I had a hot piece of brass make it over the top of my glasses and rest on my eyelid. While trying to yank my glasses off with my hearing protection on I managed to dislodge the brass from my eyelid allowing it to drop to a point just under my eye before getting the glasses off and having the offending brass drop calmly to the floor. It's healing nicely but I suspect I will be wearing a billed cap from now on when shooting.

Exactly why most of us shoot with baseball or similar caps. Also why women should not shoot while displaying cleavage. :(

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Many years ago I had a single barrel SG with so much recoil, that the gun slid back into my trigger hand with enough force to ram the hammer into the web of my hand between the thumb and forefinger. There was also a lot of concussion and I believe an accidental, double powder charge in one of my reloads was the culprit. After the shot went off I was kind of in a daze (Shell Shock?) and when I went to drop the gun it just hung there stuck in my hand for a couple of seconds. Needless to say the gun was ruined with a blown chamber. I checked the rest of the batch of reloads and they were OK, so I don't really know what happened.

DRAIN SURGEON

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Mooresvile
    Back in 1981 I was 21 and bought my first handgun. It was a Jennings .22. I took it out to try it out and it jammed with a live load. I waited untill I got home to try to clear it. I was sitting on the floor against the couch and racking the slide with my finger off the trigger.(been around guns and shooting them since about six.) Found out rimfires don't like to be slammed it went off and bullet traveled from wrist to elbow below my arm never touching me but pinholes of blood oozed out from wrist to elbow from the concussion.

jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    "I have been lucky in my 7 short years of gun ownership, however, I was shot in the foot with a Daisy pump air rifle and had to dig the BB out with a knife. Does that count?"

I say it counts for something. I've got a scar from a pelet glancing off my hand during a bb gun fight as a kid.:n00b: A few weeks later a friend lost an eye doing the same. So we're not bad-a , but we took some pain from projectiles:rockwoot:

Last edited:

OneHarryMess

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2016
    Central
    Haha sissys, I started busting clays at 12 with a Stevens Single with a metal buttplate! I considered the bruises a badge of honor of being a man haha

one story comes to mind, when I was 15 I was trying to gun break a horse for reenacting and decided he was ready for firing while mounted. He was doing fine, had got one cylinder off and in the process of unholstering a second pistol he said "**** you" and bucked me off, dislocated my shoulder and was sore as hell for a few weeks. Eventually got him broke in and would become my favorite horse for many many years.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Mine only hurt me in the wallet. I can't leave them alone, they must be fully upgraded with all the toys, bells and whistles.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Maybe I've just been extra cautious, but other than just a bit of a sore shoulder from shooting more than 50 rounds out of my .30-06 from the bench before I installed a new recoil pad on it, I've never been hurt in any way by any gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Glocks. Glocks have hurt me. Open wound to the knuckle bone. You could see the knuckle. Blood. lots of blood. Pain. Lots of pain.

Glocks hate the churchmouse. I have witnesses and proof.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    One time I was driving a truck, just outside of Fallujah, and some ammo from a BIG gun got blowed up in my face. I got my right hip mangled, some discs blown out in my back and neck, and a traumatic brain injury. They retired me and I get free money every month.

What did I win?
    In answer to your question: appreciation and respect.:patriot:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Leaving out all the military stuff. 30+ rnds from my .45-70 using a crescent stock with a steel butt plate firing 405gr hard cast safari rounds. Then there was the weaver 4x to the face off a Win. 70 .30-06 with a steel butt plate from a hard rest with no other place to recoil to...I'm seeing a trend here. I did replace the furniture on my .45-70...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Can't believe I'm sharing this, but whatevs...

When dry-firing some "shooting from retention" drills (first time doing this with a SA/DA), I managed to drop my CZ-75's hammer on my right nipple. Sounds were made which shouldn't come from a man. Worse than the initial pain was the flinch and jerk that followed.

And that is now known as the Czechoslovakian Titty-twister.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Can't believe I'm sharing this, but whatevs...

When dry-firing some "shooting from retention" drills (first time doing this with a SA/DA), I managed to drop my CZ-75's hammer on my right nipple. Sounds were made which shouldn't come from a man. Worse than the initial pain was the flinch and jerk that followed.

And that is now known as the Czechoslovakian Titty-twister.

:rofl:

I'm trying to simultaneously picture, and not picture this.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Shot myself in the leg once with a .22, dragging it thru a fence. I know, I know, your not to do that, but I was 8 at the time and it was back in 1950. Got back to the house, locked myself in the bathroom and poured alcohol thru the hole. Healed all up with no infection only a small scar.

Never did that again either.

Top Bottom