There are a LOT of AR rifles in the classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think you missed the key word which was "lots". Four magazines and a holster hardly qualifies for "lots". On the other hand, a surefire light, four pounds of tannerite, a sling, 21 magazines and 4,000+ rounds of ammo would qualify.

Ah,okay.

I didn't think I had too much but haven't been getting much action on it. I didn't look at Lovemachines listing. Thanks!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I did that. Bought WAY TOO MUCH AMMO.
    I've been looking at PSA, Point Blank, etc and seeing dirt cheap AR prices.
    Then I browse the INGO ads and know right off the numbers don't ad up in some cases.
    I'll say good luck to those needing to sell and those that bought just to flip... "Up yours"

So what would be a fair price for my ad then?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I know you quoted HMH but you need to sell it for what it's worth to you to let it go if you can get it in today's market conditions. If life goes a different way, then sell it for what you can get. If you bought in speculation for increasing values to make a profit, then you may not make as much or any.

In terms of speculation, nothing ventured, nothing gained. People are always getting bent out of shape if a private individual desires to make a profit or even break even.

Keep in mind that with the exception of some non-profit organizations, the primary purpose of a company is to make a profit. It is not a bad word or concept. We support that with every dollar we spend. Even our utility companies profit.

Your case is obviously different than mine as you have had a life changing event. I have been through that too. Now, I have two rifles I could easily keep in my safe and let people use them as I see fit or I could sell them now with little to zero profit. They don't owe me anything and even if I sell them at cost, I have not lost anything and I generate cash flow.

I made a short story long but look at what your rifle would cost to make right now. If you want to move it quicker, set a price below that. I think here on INGO you may have to go quite a bit below market to get some movement, say maybe 10-15% minimum? You can't add up what you have into it. Those days are past. It is current market conditions that set the value of what you may own.

I mean if I could buy a 1969 Camaro Z-28 for what the guy paid for it in 1969, I'd be all over that. But I will have to pay the current market value if I want one today.

Sorry about the ramblings. I am known to be verbose at times and quiet at times.:)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I think that there are 2 reason for that (more ar's than any other gun)

the ar15 is the most popular gun on the market, easiest to customize, build your way, change calibers, stock ,grip,trigger,change colors(its a Barbie doll for men!) and possibly one of the cheapest, everybody makes one (smith,colt,ruger,springfield just to name a few) hell I bet Taurus will be making one soon

the election people had been planning on killary winning and she didn't, so all the flippers have them for sale.

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville

Your ammo price is a bit high currently the going rate for the M193 right now is around .37 CPR and is on sale almost weekly now at PSA and SGammo for close to .30CPR. You do have the stuff in Ammo Cans tho so that adds a bit of value. I would put the whole lot closer to $1,300 for the ammo.

New PMAGS are on sale all over for $7-9 frequently. DSA has 10 packs for $80ish shipped. I would value all 21 mags around $175.

The gun has some quality parts with the BCM upper and Larue rail, but as noted the market is saturated. The value for that I would put close to $900

Your package price isn't too far off, but like people have mentioned it will be easier to separate and sell unless someone is looking for exactly what you have.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, Mr. Monkey do you think I should split up my P226 deal I have listed right now? I have the pistol, a Bladetech Comp Pak and 4 extra mags. Should I pull the holster kit and extra mags and mark a price for just the pistol?

I have indicated that I would sell separate components.

I'd split out the holster if it were me. Holsters are VERY subjective and I could see somebody overlooking it because they didnt want the holster. And Im sure someone just skimming the ad might miss the part about separating parts.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I know you quoted HMH but you need to sell it for what it's worth to you to let it go if you can get it in today's market conditions. If life goes a different way, then sell it for what you can get. If you bought in speculation for increasing values to make a profit, then you may not make as much or any.

In terms of speculation, nothing ventured, nothing gained. People are always getting bent out of shape if a private individual desires to make a profit or even break even.

Keep in mind that with the exception of some non-profit organizations, the primary purpose of a company is to make a profit. It is not a bad word or concept. We support that with every dollar we spend. Even our utility companies profit.

Your case is obviously different than mine as you have had a life changing event. I have been through that too. Now, I have two rifles I could easily keep in my safe and let people use them as I see fit or I could sell them now with little to zero profit. They don't owe me anything and even if I sell them at cost, I have not lost anything and I generate cash flow.

I made a short story long but look at what your rifle would cost to make right now. If you want to move it quicker, set a price below that. I think here on INGO you may have to go quite a bit below market to get some movement, say maybe 10-15% minimum? You can't add up what you have into it. Those days are past. It is current market conditions that set the value of what you may own.

I mean if I could buy a 1969 Camaro Z-28 for what the guy paid for it in 1969, I'd be all over that. But I will have to pay the current market value if I want one today.

Sorry about the ramblings. I am known to be verbose at times and quiet at times.:)

Your ammo price is a bit high currently the going rate for the M193 right now is around .37 CPR and is on sale almost weekly now at PSA and SGammo for close to .30CPR. You do have the stuff in Ammo Cans tho so that adds a bit of value. I would put the whole lot closer to $1,300 for the ammo.

New PMAGS are on sale all over for $7-9 frequently. DSA has 10 packs for $80ish shipped. I would value all 21 mags around $175.

The gun has some quality parts with the BCM upper and Larue rail, but as noted the market is saturated. The value for that I would put close to $900

Your package price isn't too far off, but like people have mentioned it will be easier to separate and sell unless someone is looking for exactly what you have.

He needs the answer in the form of diapers/round. Please convert. :):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

It really depends on how bad you want to get rid of it. Unfortunately for you, no one is going to pay much right now. Of course, you know this and I'm not trying to be condescending. Personally, for me, the gun doesn't interest me unless it was around $650. I'm not saying it's not worth more (because it is) but I'm waiting for people to unload their stuff at blowout prices because I have everything I need and anything else would have to be really cheap to excite me. Same with ammo, I'm betting we're going to see 30 cents a round in the next few months, so I'm waiting.

Like I said, it's more of how quickly you want to sell in a buyer's market. BTW, please don't take offense to my $650 comment, I'm just giving you my perspective on the Ar15 market.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

If It were me, I would try and pawn off the x300 in a separate ad. Its a quality piece on its own, can be used on handgun or rifle, and you would have a better chance of finding someone willing to buy it for $150 instead of the total price of the rifle. IMO accessories like that (and sling, and possibly BUIS) should be sold separately.

To me, an home built with a quality upper is worth about a 150 dollars more then what I am willing to pay for the upper (minus everything else on it). Since its a used BCM upper with a larue rail, the upper alone is worth about 600. then another 100 for the buis. So thats about 850 for the rifle, minus the light on it.

So with all the other stuff you are throwing in with it (pmags and bag).... I say your new price is acceptable

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Brass cases 55gr 5.56 can be had almost daily for 30cpr. I bought 5k for that price recently and I believe it'll be available cheaper very soon.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Another thing, yes it will be more of a hassle, but you'd move the ammo a lot faster if you moved it to the ammo section and listed it $.35/round. You've got a good amount that limits the prospective buyers.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I'm interested what these manufacturers have planned. They have gone from stupid insane sell outs, to the next 8 years of a super friendly administration. And I'm guessing really low sales. How many will disappear, who will win the race to the bottom? I plan on buying some more lowers and parts just to have.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I want to buy yours with the mags and ammo you have listed, but I can't afford it. If I tried to sell one of mine to offset the cost I'd lose too much on that sale to make it worth it (to me anyway).

I want the mags/ammo
    Hey you guys, quit trying to bypass the classifieds or the mods will hammer you! Oh wait... :p

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Ok. I lowered the price in my ad.

Not to hijack this thread, however. Earlier someone said to convert this $$ to diapers for you? My wife said with the current conversion rate that would be approximately 35-40 cases of diapers (at Sam's club) depending on brand, but do not forget baby wipes that is extra as well. BTW CONGRATS on the new addition to your family. You are a blessed man.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Not to hijack this thread, however. Earlier someone said to convert this $$ to diapers for you? My wife said with the current conversion rate that would be approximately 35-40 cases of diapers (at Sam's club) depending on brand, but do not forget baby wipes that is extra as well. BTW CONGRATS on the new addition to your family. You are a blessed man.
    LOL, I said it originally but as a joke. Or at least that was my intent. I have 3 kids and remember diaper budgeting.

Top Bottom