There are a LOT of AR rifles in the classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyguy333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Huntington
    So many manufacturers make good ARs, most the issues have been worked out, and they are relatively cheap to produce. Prices are going drop WAY DOWN in the next 6 months as competition works its magic. I bet we see brand new Colt LE6920 for around $750. Call me crazy but supply and demand is a funny thing

The weirdest market right is the AK market. Prices are insane for good rifles (not the American-made junk), partially because of the sanctions placed on Russia (can't get Izhmash rifles imported anymore)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    So many manufacturers make good ARs, most the issues have been worked out, and they are relatively cheap to produce. Prices are going drop WAY DOWN in the next 6 months as competition works its magic. I bet we see brand new Colt LE6920 for around $750. Call me crazy but supply and demand is a funny thing

The weirdest market right is the AK market. Prices are insane for good rifles (not the American-made junk), partially because of the sanctions placed on Russia (can't get Izhmash rifles imported anymore)

I'll bet this changes sometime after 1-20-2017...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Yeah...there does seem to be a lot of used AR's on the market...and LGS sales have dropped if you look online.

I built my own [CMMG with a rifled + crowned 'bull' (heavy) barrel]...and a 10.5" Anderson upper/lower pistol for the wife! That's about all we have invested in the AR platform so we're not too bad off...and we'll just keep them!

I have a few pistols and a new shotgun I want to mod/build...things for hiking and camping...and we'll just focus on those for now!

I think our biggest concern is still 'survival' but it's not in the 'acute-stage' as it was for the past 8 years...we're going to work on getting a small cabin + fireplace + underground food storage built on some wooded land that we have and use it for a weekend 'retreat'...something that's still around later if things change!

Keepin' it simple....

courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm sure many of us rushed out to buy "One last AR" before the old wind bag was elected. Now that people realize they have 4 years, they are more willing to liquidate their assets.

GGF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I, like a lot of you, bought a rifle or stripped lower receiver thinking the worst would happen in November.
    And now I could probably find what I bought cheaper than what I paid last year.

And to that I say "Thank God!";)

We can take a breath now and maybe enjoy some better prices on quality goods - for a while.

$550 AR's at the big box stores make me smile. Even though I have a hundred more than that in my last purchase maybe the mags & ammo will be available at prices to help off set it in the long run.

GGF

Top Bottom