• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    I'm a big fan of the VZ58, you can pick up a Century built VZ2008 in your price range and they have a U.S. milled receiver. The CSA VZ58s from Czechpoint USA are slightly outside you're price range. Year hear people say the mags are hard to find but I did not find that to be the case, even saw a few at the 1500 on Friday. Much better off buying them on the web for less $$. Midway even has them for sale.

Also a fan the VEPR platform. I saw on vendor on Friday that had 4 in 7.62 x 39.

Good luck.

mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    The Russian VEPR's with 16" barrel are $ 719.00 from Atlantic Firearms. I can recall how much he was asking at the 1500.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm a big fan of the VZ58, you can pick up a Century built VZ2008 in your price range and they have a U.S. milled receiver. The CSA VZ58s from Czechpoint USA are slightly outside you're price range. Year hear people say the mags are hard to find but I did not find that to be the case, even saw a few at the 1500 on Friday. Much better off buying them on the web for less $$. Midway even has them for sale.

Also a fan the VEPR platform. I saw on vendor on Friday that had 4 in 7.62 x 39.

Good luck.

Do you realize this thread is from 2012?? When you posted in it the first time it's known as "necro posting", basically reviving a very old thread.
    It probably does still have some relevance today, but the opinions have changed on some guns since this thread was brand new. Such as Waffen Werks no longer has a good reputation, but when this thread was new, some guys were recommending them.
    Just an FYI on how forums work.

indyguy333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Huntington
    I say Arsenal SLR104 in 5.45x39. Well built com-bloc war factory gun. I have one and with a 3.5x scope get 2-3 MOA with Silver Bear ammo. Very light recoil impulse and flat shooting, and mags for 5.45 are getting much cheaper and more plentiful

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Do you realize this thread is from 2012?? When you posted in it the first time it's known as "necro posting", basically reviving a very old thread.
    It probably does still have some relevance today, but the opinions have changed on some guns since this thread was brand new. Such as Waffen Werks no longer has a good reputation, but when this thread was new, some guys were recommending them.
    Just an FYI on how forums work.

The "VZ58 > AK" crowd can't help themselves from spreading the Czechoslovakian gospel :laugh:

Top Bottom