Thinking on getting a compact carry ! Any ideas ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I've got a 30S and I love it enough that I'll continue to shoot Glocks. Unfortunately, for me, the Glock grip angle is enough different than most semi-autos that I have shot that they point completely differently. I bought a Kahr CM40 that I also am very fond of because of the size and reliability, BUT after shooting several thousand rounds through Glocks I find that I can't trust a natural point with the Kahr (again, for me). I bought a 27 to sub for the Kahr but it really isn't enough smaller than the 30S and was kind of a knee-jerk reaction to shooting in the dirt on a quick no-sights point with the Kahr.

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    There hasn't been much discussion on what holster you should choose, which is critical for a compact concealed carry.
    For Keltec P3AT or Ruger LCP, I would suggest a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.
    For a S&W Shield, I like a Crossbreed IWB holster.
    There are other options, but stay away from the really cheap nylon holsters like Uncle Mike's.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I would vote for a 26. It really isn't that wide and the grip is short for better concealment. Then you can always carry a 15 or 17 round mag for a backup.

bluehdflhrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I carry a Kahr and a extra mag everyday.I have a P9 and a PM9 and prefer ether for EDC.They are light and narrow and easy for me to shoot.My choice For the last few years have been these fine EDC guns.

mike46060

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a G33 in 357sig. nice and small. plus, years ago I found a little clip that screws to the frame so no need for a holster. very easy to carry IWB with the frame clip.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Tell you up front, I didn't read all the replies. I can only tell you there are many choices and after a long search of my own, I've been carrying the Smith M&P Shield 9mm for over a year and love it. Thin and light. Small but big enough to grip completely and shoot well. Your carry holster, IMHO, is just as important as the weapon you decide upon.

Top Bottom