This truly insane... house after house invaded...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    The only way I can think of this being prevented is if your house was extremely fortified which is not practical. Guess you would just have to let them beat the crap out of you and sue them later. Gotta love freedom in the usa now adays

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Sometimes a story is a bit too far out there to be believable as presented. I'll wait for the trial before getting upset.

I call BS on the story.

I'm thinking there is a high chance of BS in this story.

If not though...that would be scary!

A mans house is his castle, unless the Gov. wants it, in that case it is their castle until they want to give it back.

This really seems like a spoof article on the surface. The timing smells of April fools stories, but customized for the 4th of July. (Edit to add <---witty comment of the day, for the win!)
    These^^^^^^^^
    I've check all of the news outlets in the Henderson NV area and the local press seems to be ignoring this ground breaking news event. :dunno:
    The event occurred on July 10, 2011.
    Two years seems like a long time to debate whether or not to file a suit in what appears to be such an egregious case of Citizens Rights violations.
    It seems that every Lawyer in Nevada would be straining at the bit to be able to take this case on.
    If it is a factual account of the incident.:cool:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I did a search and found what appear to be court documents on this filed July 1 this year; and several other links (not returning to the OP's link) ... I am not 100% sure of the claim or whatever. If real - this is definitely one to watch - and it is a very serious violation IMO ...

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone else see at that link "yellowed" out blocks of text? I can't understand it. I just copy-pastaed to a plain text editor and the text show up clear as day, well, needing some reformatting, but it's nothing that we haven't already ready. Why the "blacking" out?

Some examples of the "yellowed" out text:

Page 5:
    18. At 10:45 a.m., Defendant OFFICER CHRISTOPHER WORLEY (HPD) contacted Plaintiff ANTHONY MITCHELL via his telephone. WORLEY told Plaintiff that police needed to occupy his home in order to gain a “tactical advantage” against the occupant of the neighboring house. ANTHONY MITCHELL told the officer that he did not want to become involved and that he did not want police to enter his residence. Although WORLEY continued to insist that Plaintiff should leave his residence, Plaintiff clearly explained that he did not intend to leave his home or to allow police to occupy his home. WORLEY then ended the phone call.
    Defendant OFFICER DAVID CAWTHORN outlined the Defendants’ plan in his official report:

It was determined to move to 367 Evening Side and attempt to contact Mitchell. If Mitchell answered the door he would be asked to leave. If he refused to leave he would be arrested for Obstructing a Police Officer. If Mitchell refused to answer the door, force entry would be made and Mitchell would be arrested.
    Page 9:
    42. Plaintiff LINDA MITCHELL complied and opened the door to her home. When she told officers that they could not enter her home without a warrant, the officers ignored her. One officer, Defendant DOE 1, seized her by the arm, and other officers entered her home without permission.

43. Defendant DOE 1 then forcibly pulled Plaintiff LINDA MITCHELL out of her house.

44. Another unidentified officer, Defendant DOE 2, then seized Plaintiff LINDA MITCHELL’s purse and began rummaging through it, without permission, consent, or a warrant.
    46. In the meantime, the officers searched and occupied Plaintiffs MICHAEL MITCHELL and LINDA MITCHELL’s house. When Plaintiff LINDA MITCHELL returned to their home, the cabinets and closet doors throughout the house had been left open and their contents moved about. Water had been consumed from their water dispenser. Even the refrigerator door had been left ajar, and mustard and mayonnaise had been left on their kitchen floor.
    Pretty much nothing we didn't already know from other sources.

Last edited:

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    My initial thought was that the behavior by law enforcement was too over the top to be true, and that this was just another internet hoax. However a quick google search revealed that there *is* a case filed in Nevada that matches the names in the story:
    Mitchell et al v. City of Henderson, Nevada et al :: Justia Dockets & Filings

Whether the circumstances as laid out in the story are true, I have no idea - we are only getting one side of the story. Still, it is very disturbing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is it legal to commandeer a house for LE purposes?

Top Bottom